Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Pit Game

Blog Entries

Miami Pit Game

I guess you could blame the weather, but Miami nearly beat the Steelers, with a game where the score was 3-0! 3 points TOTAL!

We all remember a month ago, when the Steelers scored 35 IN THE FIRST HALF!

That Miami game might not be a win anymore, if they play like they did tonight.

Re: Miami Pit Game

The way the Ravens are playing, there are no games that can be even remotely considered "easy". In fact, the Ravens are the "easy" wins.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

correct, but compared to the NE, Indy, and Seahawks games, which are almost un-winnable at our pace, even with some sort of miracle, the Miami game seemed like an even playing field.

I can only hope Billick finally takes some advice and starts playing for the future...

The Dolphins are playing with the only motivation possible for them - to avoid a big fat goose egg for the season. Too right that they'll have us on the list of 'gotta beats'.

Remaining games:
    v Jets, @ Buf, v Ravens, @ NE, v Cin.

All three of their divisional rivals will want to stick it to 'em, that leaves us and the Bungles as viable targets at home.

Just goes to show how low we have falled - when we become a target for an 0-11 team looking down the gun of an 0-16 season!

What would it be like if we were the only team they ended up beating!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can only hope Billick finally takes some advice and starts playing for the future...
    With that in mind, why are the Ravens so insistent that they won't even give Troy Smith a look-see? With the draft coming up, why don't we want to evaluate what we currently have. Come on, just like in preseason, give the kid a quarter of two to see what he can do! I, for one, feel like a franchise QB is one area we need to address. We already let one (DA) get away.

Smith wouldn't get a reasonable chance behind this OL, with the way they've played these past two games. Maybe throw him in late in a game in garbage time, which we might see Monday night against the Patriots, but if the line can't block, what's the point?

7. Re: Miami Pit Game

I know one thing..It was fun to watch them play slip and slide all night. It was pretty cool to see the players foot marks left in the sod, they were clearly sinking about 2-3 inches. Too bad squeelers won, that always makes a day better for me!

Blog Entries

Originally, I was dead set against seeing Troy Smith, because I think making him the starter now would just lead us down the same path as Boller, where he played way too soon and was expected to carry the team when he wasn't sure of himself...

But I like the idea of seeing him get some reps in the 2nd half. We're probably going to lose all but 1 of our last games (I think we can still beat Miami if we play tough enough), let him work out the kinks and open it up, see if he regains his Heisman touch at the NFL level. If not, you know you need to invest in a QB next year for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    I know one thing..It was fun to watch them play slip and slide all night. It was pretty cool to see the players foot marks left in the sod, they were clearly sinking about 2-3 inches. Too bad squeelers won, that always makes a day better for me!
    Did you like the punt that planted itself 4" into the turf without a single bounce?
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

10. Re: Miami Pit Game

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    Did you like the punt that planted itself 4" into the turf without a single bounce?
    I think that was the best part, I had to call hubby over to watch the reply on that one. Talk about "no bounce"

Looked like one of my pitching wedge shots. Hilarious.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I liked that punt also. And my wedge shots sometimes resemble that too.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello