Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens releasing Jeremy Zuttah

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree. It's just weird that no replacement was signed or announced as being signed first. I'm buying the Urshel thing based on how poorly he played last year
    Could be the draft, but that is risky if Ravens draft a dud. I'm betting on a veteran getting signed, Zuttah's cap hit was only $2.2M next season. No reason to cut him now with no other viable center on the roster.

Blog Entries

I was hoping this move signaled them building up the interior of the Oline but to just roll with Urshel who played poorly last season? I guess man..I mean I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I was hoping this move signaled them building up the interior of the Oline but to just roll with Urshel who played poorly last season? I guess man..I mean I don't know
    Who needs a pocket to step up in? especially if your like 6'6 or whatever.... I've heard all great QB deal can overcome not having a pocket to throw from.

Jeff Zrebiec‏ @jeffzrebiecsun
    At this point, the Ravens aren't in on Mangold. Looks like it will be Urschel at center or they'll find one elsewhere.

Ravens tried to trade Zuttah, but couldn't find a deal. Thus, today's decision to release him
    Jeff Zrebiec‏@jeffzrebiecsun

Internal options to replace Zuttah are John Urschel. Top free agent center left on market is former New York Jet Nick Mangold.

Ravens create a little over $2 mill of cap space by releasing Zuttah. Seems more of a performance decision than financial one
    I'm not upset that they aren't considering Mangold as I couldn't really understand why he was an option in the first place when he hasn't been the same guy he was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Who needs a pocket to step up in? especially if your like 6'6 or whatever.... I've heard all great QB deal can overcome not having a pocket to throw from.
    lol I mean I am glad that garbage ass Zuttah is gone but I mean they must have something else plan than Urshel, I mean I feel like that's taking a step back from Zuttah?

I'm not going to get too discouraged right now with the state of our OL, but I do think having Roman coaching up our OL will be a huge plus for this team. Maybe he can get the best out of Urschel/Jensen/Nembot/Wesley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Could be the draft, but that is risky if Ravens draft a dud. I'm betting on a veteran getting signed, Zuttah's cap hit was only $2.2M next season. No reason to cut him now with no other viable center on the roster.
    There are some guys out there who won't be expensive, John Sullivan from the Redskins, Joe Hawley from the Bucs and Joe Berger from the Vikings. It's actually a lot easier to find a free agent Center than it is to find a free agent RT

I almost forgot to add Cody Wallace of the Steelers. At the very least Wallace would be good as the backup C/G. When he had to play he looked very solid. He'd definitely be on my list

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I can't wait to see urschel snap the ball over the head of our 6' 6" QB

Blog Entries

(I'm not going to get discouraged here it's still early in all this process) but let me get this straight so the defense got 27mil guaranteed 2 down DLineman investment to anchor the middle of their unit and the offense get a 175th pick of the 2014 draft who played poorly last season, to anchor the middle of an already decimated Oline?..(it's still early they could sign a center somewhere else)

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'm not upset that they aren't considering Mangold as I couldn't really understand why he was an option in the first place when he hasn't been the same guy he was.
    Right. Like Mangold is trash. Lets find a young center in the draft.

King Dunlap for RT would be money