Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lip service for the offense

Harbaugh said they want to help Flacco.

"We need to do everything we can do to put a football team around our championship-caliber quarterback," Harbaugh said.

Yet they've spent millions on defense, and let the starting RT walk.

Now they are looking at Claiborne (more $ for defense, even though CB is a need).

But hey...we added...drum roll please...Danny Woodhead!

Oh. And the Ravens current WR depth chart behind Wallace is: Breshad Perriman, Michael Campanaro, Chris Moore, Chris Matthews, Vince Mayle, Kenny Bell.

And don't forget a bunch of slow, plodder TEs. For maximum YAC...

I'm sure they'll keep dumpster diving at WR or bring Aiken back and puff him up. Or bring back old man Boldin. Because that's how they "build" support around the QB here.

Meanwhile Brady gets Cooks (and Dwayne Allen). The eagles 2nd year QB gets Jeffrey. Eli gets marshall (!???? already has obj and promising Shepherd!!). Now Carr gets Patterson as a weapon. Not like we needed an elite kick returner around here right?

The beat goes on. The defense gets fed and the offense gets crumbs.

I doubt they'll use another 1st Rd pick at WR, so barring a blockbuster trade...How exactly are they helping the QB?

They have actually hurt him, by once again breaking up the OL and not signing good WRs.

Seems we always have money for the defense though...

Hell we'll pay a guy like Levine big $ before we pay a WR big $.
    Last edited by bt12483; 03-14-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Lip service for the offense

Meanwhile they'll probably use another 2/3 Rd pick on yet another Jernigan/Carl Davis clone.

Another "steal" that fell down every other teams draft boards but ours...
    Last edited by bt12483; 03-14-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Blog Entries

I didn't put as much detail as you did into my other posts in other threads, but the gist of my feelings towards the way the construct the roster echoes your overall sentiments.

I do not understand why they continually neglect the offense. Finding a franchise QB that is actually capable of winning a championship is so damn hard, yet the Ravens finally found that guy, and they basically blow him off.

If we had a fantastic defensive coaching staff, I could understand wanting to give that defensive staff talented players. The reality is the defense, no matter how much talent was brought in, continues to give up leads late in games and continues to choke.

It's a real shame.

Part of me is kind of hoping that this is Harbaugh's last year with the Ravens and the next coach is more offensive-minded.

They're wasting Flacco's prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I can't wait to see what 30+ year old camp casualty WR becomes available in August.

Is Victor Cruz signed yet? They're probably waiting for his price to drop...

Blog Entries

Maybe a beat reporter will read this and, at the next press conference (probably after the signing of another defensive player) ask Harbaugh exactly what are the Ravens doing to support Flacco, like they said would be a priority.

Blog Entries

Habaugh and Ozzie not only want to win, they need to win to keep their jobs. The future is 2017 and nothing beyond if this doesn't work. Given all that they must believe that defense is the way to win and are willing to stake their jobs on it.

Blog Entries

And for all the money they are putting in the defense, they are still missing a glaring need in pass rush.

Blog Entries

We are simply not going to be an offensive club so long as Ozzie is running things. If this off-season, above any other, hasn't proven that to people, I don't know what to say. If it works, it proves us wrong. If it doesn't, I don't think anyone at the top survives to make these decisions again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Maybe a beat reporter will read this and, at the next press conference (probably after the signing of another defensive player) ask Harbaugh exactly what are the Ravens doing to support Flacco, like they said would be a priority.
    They'd probably try to spin Woodhead as giving them a Juice-like player out of the backfield (which is good in theory but we all know they won't utilize to his full ability because the offensive staff is a joke), point to retaining Wallace, and the restructure on Pitta (because hey, why not have another season of 85 3 yard catches?).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Habaugh and Ozzie not only want to win, they need to win to keep their jobs. The future is 2017 and nothing beyond if this doesn't work. Given all that they must believe that defense is the way to win and are willing to stake their jobs on it.
    That's fine.

I just want someone to call out Harbaugh for feeding us a line about helping the QB.

I guess hiring Roman and signing woodhead is "helping the QB" to Harbaugh.

Yeah it sucks that the final 53 is set and we have to start playing games in a few weeks.

Missed opportunity for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    That's fine.

I just want someone to call out Harbaugh for feeding us a line about helping the QB.

I guess hiring Roman and signing woodhead is "helping the QB" to Harbaugh.
    I think the big takeaway is that their horribly cap strapped. They have so little available funds because of all the (IMO) poorly written contracts they gave to guys like Ray Rice, Pitta, etc. Compounding the issue is completely whiffing on key positions in multiple drafts since the Super Bowl.

They've been kicking the cap can down the road for several years now and it prohibits them from actually bringing in difference makers.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the big takeaway is that their horribly cap strapped. They have so little available funds because of all the (IMO) poorly written contracts they gave to guys like Ray Rice, Pitta, etc. Compounding the issue is completely whiffing on key positions in multiple drafts since the Super Bowl.

They've been kicking the cap can down the road for several years now and it prohibits them from actually bringing in difference makers.

Doesn't really fly with me when they are committing 6M of cap to Williams and 5.5 to Jefferson this year. They have cap space, they just choose to use it on defense. They could have signed Pryor for the same amount either of those two got, cap wise, and only been tied to him for a year at that.