Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sean Taylor Shot

This does not sound like a robbery to me. It sounds like someone wanted to hurt him.

I don't know, but we might find out eventually. But a lot of bad stuff like this happens in south Florida.

Of course, this happens in a lot of places, so I don't want to sound too biased, but having lived in Florida, maybe I can't be too objective about it.

My prayers are with him and his family.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Apparently he and his girlfriend heard someone in the house and he got up, locked the bedroom door, and got a machete
    Never bring a knife to a gun fight ....

Very sad indeed .... but the libertarian in my cant help but think why he didnt have a .45 or some other substantial firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Never bring a knife to a gun fight ....

Very sad indeed .... but the libertarian in my cant help but think why he didnt have a .45 or some other substantial firepower.
    Possibly because he was on probation for a firearms conviction.

I feel bad for him but at the same time I feel like there is something up with this. ESPN just reported there were break ins on the 18th and 19th.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I think he was involved in something bigger then he could handle.

Still I hope he recovers and my prayers are with him.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

The AP has reported this morning that Sean Taylor has died from the gun shot. My prayers are with his family.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

He apparently had complications after having surgery and died overnight. Very sad, to say the least. They had been catiously optimistic last night, but he took a turn for the worst.

Only 24 years old. Very, very sad.

Blog Entries

That's horrible news. I hope they find the shooter and throw away the keys.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor Family

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Possibly because he was on probation for a firearms conviction.
    I am not so sure Florida law takes away your weapons for misdemeanors. Taylor plead no contest to one misdemeanor gun charge.

I know we have some posters from FL. Maybe they can clarify.

I am quite certain that he could not possess a firearm due to his probation. I heard that topic discussed this morning on FoxSportsRadio.

I'm not sure that would have made a difference in this case anyway -- as I said earlier in this thread, this does not sound like a robbery.

12. Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Sean was NOT on probation, it ended a year ago. He was never convicted of the gun charge. There for as his lawyer stated BY LAW he was ALLOWED to own a gun by did not because of his personal experiences in the past. He also installed an alarm on his house after the 1st break-in that alarms phone cords were cut before the person entered the house. I also heard reports that the alarm was activated that night but disarmed from the inside of the house via code. This is extremely sad but someone wanted Sean dead and the warned him on the 1st break-in when they left a huge butcher knife on his side of the bed, they did not steal anything they simply went through some kitchen drawers and removed a knife from the kitchen that they laid on his bed. And I still have not heard of anything being taken when they broke in yesterday and shot him. My feeling is that they knew him and they wanted him dead for whatever reason, I also believe whoever broke in the 1st time is the person responsible for the death of this great man. But I am sure over time the details will come out. I will pray for his family and I hope they catch whoever did this to him. R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    Last edited by Fiesty Ravens Chic; 11-27-2007 at 09:29 AM.