Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London plans

Re: London plans

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    being in London, the price will be considerably higher.
    being in London, the food will be considerably blander.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Not if you enjoy Indian, which is like comfort food to me.

Disappointed you're perpetuating that old myth Ted. And there's plenty of Greek restaurants in London.

Still not sure whether we're flying down from Edinburgh for a day trip or not. However, if we make a weekend of it then count me in for the gathering on Sat eve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked our flights on WOW from BWI, with one day planned layover in Reyjavik to visit their active geyser field. WOW's business class rate was $200 less that British Air's coach rate. (I hate fucking transatlantic flying in cramped aircraft, so the biz step-up of about $400 total for both of us over WOW coach should be well worth it).

Sorry to Tom Rose that we won't be able to visit Edinburgh and the Highlands -- our plans have been drastically reduced due to daughter-in-law's pregnancy due date of Sep 19th. Hope to meet you at one of Fells Point Raven's events.

Everything considered, going with Fells Point Raven's package and WOW is turning out to be reasonably priced for what should be a bountiful week's travel wrapped around a Ravens win.

:usa::uk::eng::ire::greece
    Last edited by Mista T; 03-17-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

To all of you who are going to the game, I am officially jealous!
    I only visited London once (1980 - stayed near Russell Square) and had a marvelous time, except we couldn't see the crown jewels because of renovation. Otherwise I luved a pint of bitter, the British Museum, and riding the Underground. Hope you all have a wonderful time in London and come back with a Ravens win... Bc

London plans

Booked our flights on WOW from BWI, with one day planned layover in Reyjavik to visit their active geyser field. WOW's business class rate was $200 less that British Air's coach rate. (I hate fucking transatlantic flying in cramped aircraft, so the biz step-up of about $400 total for both of us over WOW coach should be well worth it).

Sorry to Tom Rose that we won't be able to visit Edinburgh and the Highlands -- our plans have been drastically reduced due to daughter-in-law's pregnancy due date of Sep 19th. Hope to meet you at one of Fells Point Raven's events.

Everything considered, going with Fells Point Raven's package and WOW is turning out to be reasonably priced for what should be a bountiful week's travel wrapped around a Ravens win.

:usa::uk::eng::ire::greece
    No worries at all MistaT, should be down in London for the weekend of the game and will make the trip across the pond next season as well. Ideally would like to do a home game and either Green Bay, Minnesota, Titans or Steelers away games... or maybe Oakland and take in the west coast!

Needless to say I'll be in Baltimore again next season anyway!!!

I'm stoked for your new arrival though! Blessings to all

From Sun interview with Dick Cass: in response to the question, "What preparations have you made for the team's London game against the Jaguars on Sept. 24?"

Last week, we had about 12 people from the Ravens go over to London. We've finalized a hotel, a practice facility over there. We've planned out how we're going to schedule the trip. On the marketing side and for our fans, we've identified a pub in downtown London that we're going to rent for most of the week. We've got some entertainment planned down there. We're going to have activities on Regent Street the Saturday before the game. We're expecting a lot of fans there. We've been getting a lot of phone calls. We were given a certain ticket allotment by the league and those tickets are all gone. Our sponsor, PrimeSport, has organized trips and they're sold out. We've been hearing from the league that the demand from Ravens' fans to come to London is among the highest that they've seen for any team.
    "Chin up, chest out."

UPDATE:

For those yet to book, please be advised we have EIGHT spots left on the trip. These are eight seats (together) in a separate section to the rest of the group - directly above, upper level sideline. As a fan of the upper level myself (529 at M&T!) some people may appreciate this viewpoint. As they're not lowers with the rest of the group, I'm offering these remaining packages at a $50 discount per person - so $1149 double occupancy, etc. First come first served - email ben@touchdowntrips.com

I've also had a few people mention things like seeing a Premier League match, visiting Abbey Road, etc while over. Feel free to shoot any questions like that over to me and glad to help!

Booking our flights tomorrow morning. Just going to make a day trip of it for the game. 7.05 Edinburgh to Heathrow and then back up the road at 20.05. Should be in bed at a respectable time for a school night!

ANOTHER UPDATE AND LAST CALL:

I assume anyone who's going to this game is now already booked. If not, we do still have SIX spots left. See above for details and if interested I need to know ASAP. Such fine bastions of the forum such as MistaT and Ravenous52 will be joining our trip. Our Saturday night party is now finalised and we have the lower level of the official Ravens team pub - the Admiralty in Trafalgar Square - with about 100 or so UK and Irish Raven fans. Entry includes a complimentary pint, pie and chips dinner, Ravens games on the TVs and great company. We'll be there the same time as the cheerleaders, mascot, etc and the event is now sold out so only way of getting in at this point would be getting one of remaining packages above.

If you've already sorted your hotel and game tickets, we will be having a private London tour on Saturday as well as a tour of Windsor Castle on the Monday. There will also be a Friday night pub event and a Sunday morning pub event (picking up a theme here!). Should these be of interest please let me know - may be able to accommodate you on these.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Sorry so late, FPR. You may not remember me, as I don't remember you- but I am a longlost Crow-Magnon & RSR-ist, absent all last season for a variety of reasons, none terribly pleasant.

As it happens I will be in Prague on game weekend & am seriously considering kipping over on Saturday & back late Sunday or early Monday. Clearly I won't need your total package, but could you (or anyone else) advise on how to check ticket availability & prices before I start haunting skyscanner.com & hotels.com for transport & lodging? I'm leaving for NYC on Monday morning & flying out of JFK Tuesday night, so time is of the essence unless I can make derangements electronically.

If I can't menage it, I'll spend that afternoon cheering on the purple&black at a sports bar ~100 m off Wenceslas Square in my colormatched regalia - but it'd be a damn shame to miss out if I can, no?

Any suggestions from anyone (beyond "get stuffed, loser")? Thanx in advance.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!