Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A picture can paint a thousand words.

Bwahahaha, it was like Tex's "Someone mentioned Boller's name" radar started going haywire and he has to run to the thread to post his sad ramblings.

Tspot, the idea is to not respond to Tex, or quote him. Just let him ramble.

2. Re: A picture can paint a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Bwahahaha, it was like Tex's "Someone mentioned Boller's name" radar started going haywire and he has to run to the thread to post his sad ramblings.

Tspot, the idea is to not respond to Tex, or quote him. Just let him ramble.
    I do understand, but I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I do understand, but I couldn't help myself
    Hehehe, you get a mulligan this time. Next time it's a 15 yard flagrant foul! :)

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    :hammer: Truth! Great to see CMac being a stand up team guy, facing the music after a bad game and talking frankly about losses.

Good for you CMac!
    It's true. C-Mac actually behaved like a decent human being at the gathering after the game. He signed a few autographs and took a couple of pictures right up until the repeatedly deafening "WE WANT RAY!!" chants caused a large group of fans to rush to line the security railings, which seemed to overwhelm C-Mac. At that point, #52 had no choice other than to quit yappin' near the buses with Gary Stills(?) and come over to sign autographs, shake hands and take pictures. You could tell that our presence and support even after an embarassing loss in enemy territory lightened his mood. He thanked everybody for coming out and told us to fly/drive home safely...
    Strangely, Steve McNair was nowhere to be found...

Other tidbits:

*Musa Smith desires more carries and openly acknowledges that he and LL Cool J were cloned from the same embryo...

*Haloti Ngata is as cool as Billy Dee Williams in a Colt 45 Malt Liquor commercial. Even though he had a large group of his family members present at the post-game area, he still made time for the fans and seemed very down to Earth (he even laughed instead of snapping me in two when I teased him about going out of bounds as a rookie because he ran out of gas before reaching the end zone on the INT). I was immediately brought back to the reality of how much money these guys make, though when Haloti gave a lady I believe to be his sister a HUGE wad of cash before they left...WOW, just WOW that was a knot big enough to choke a horse!

*Ed Reed was still very pissed after the game and even though he waved to the fans, you could tell he was still disappointed and wanted to be left alone. Some coach I couldn't identify gave him a pep talk and then he snuck back on the bus before we could start the "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" chant.

*The funniest quote after the game came from Willis McGahee, though...
    After 3 rounds of "TOUCH-DOWN WIL-LIS!!" chants proved ineffective, I bribed this cute little kid to beg Gary Stills(?) to bring #23 over to sign his Ravens action figure (not to be confused with Yamon Figurs).
    Needless to say, the kid does a great job of seeming desparate and before we know it, Willis, $60,000 necklace and all, comes over and starts meeting and greeting the fans.
    I tell Willis that all the REAL Ravens fans (Especially the ones at Ravens24x7 ) will continue the support them, win, lose, or draw, which he and Musa Smith seemed to genuinely appreciate. Anyway, right about then some Chargers fan busts through and pulls out what appears to be a bootleg Buffalo Bills replica and asks for Willis' autograph. Willis looks at this guy and says "Man, I ain't signing that piece of crap, Dawg!! That ain't even my number!"

Needless to say, everyone in the vicinity busted out laughing, with Samari Rolle (the best dressed postgame Raven, IMHO) totally losing it while talking on his cellphone nearby... The dude admitted that the jersey was an old Travis Henry imitation rip-off and dejectedly left with his tail tucked between his legs... :grbac:

Great report on the post-game tomfoolery.

btw: Can we assume that you had absolutely nothing to do with getting the players to visit with the fans instead of going straight onto the team bus?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Looks like Boller is tapping the ball before he throws it.

Got to feel sorry for ray.
    Sure do. He got made to look like an absolute fool by Gates.

Of course, I blame Rex Ryan mroe for that than Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis isn't Adalius Thomas...you can't stick him man to man on Antonio Gates.

FilmStudy identified that play as a 6 man pass rush. High risk play with a potentially high reward, sometimes you roll the dice and get snake eyes.

Seems to have happened a lot this year, but may not be Rex' fault.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I blame Rex for doing ridiculously stupid things like lining up Ngata at safety to have him blitz (didn't work) and blitzing 6 leaving the middle of the field wide open while gates has already been killing you all day.

He's too damn "innovative" for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I blame Rex for doing ridiculously stupid things like lining up Ngata at safety to have him blitz (didn't work) and blitzing 6 leaving the middle of the field wide open while gates has already been killing you all day.

He's too damn "innovative" for his own good.
    One bad game and Rex is all of a sudden no good? Your post makes no sense and has no basis in fact.

The D is still a top notch D in the league no matter how you slice it. Ray is, again, at the top of the league in tackels. We still have an amazing blitz percentage (top of the league I think). The only issue is the secondary and thats due to injury, not anything Rex is doing.

Sure, Rex called some questionable plays in one game. But what about the rest of the time? Like the 99% of the stuff he does do right? Talk about having a selective memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Great report on the post-game tomfoolery.

btw: Can we assume that you had absolutely nothing to do with getting the players to visit with the fans instead of going straight onto the team bus?

Umm, Maybe just a teeny, tiny bit to do with it...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    One bad game and Rex is all of a sudden no good? Your post makes no sense and has no basis in fact.

The D is still a top notch D in the league no matter how you slice it. Ray is, again, at the top of the league in tackels. We still have an amazing blitz percentage (top of the league I think). The only issue is the secondary and thats due to injury, not anything Rex is doing.

Sure, Rex called some questionable plays in one game. But what about the rest of the time? Like the 99% of the stuff he does do right? Talk about having a selective memory.
    Not really. We've under achieved all year defensively. And he tries to be TOO damn creative far too often.

Desperate times desperate measures. I think Rex gets carried away a bit with his "Many different looks" style of defense. Can't call them right all the time. Please do not make me add a new sig line regarding Rex Ryan. I really don't wanna.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!