Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ray gives some verbal support to Boller

On the Anita Marks Show:

“When you’re in that game the way you’re in that game and with all of the things that went down, I think the greatest thing you come out of there with is a pat on your young guys’ backs, especially [quarterback] Kyle [Boller] and especially [wide receiver Devard] Darling, and saying, ‘You know what? The next man stepped up no matter what. No matter our record, we went out there and we played yesterday.’ I’m proud of my team. I’m not proud of what happened in the outcome.”

A few thoughts:

1) This is the first directly supportive thing we've heard from Ray about Boller in a long time. That encourages me about the long term viability, team chemistry wise, if Boller steps up this year.

2) I think Ray understands, unlike some of our Boller-bashing fans, that at point in the game when were were down by 2 posssessions, the offense kept on fighting, and make some good deep plays to get back in it. Thats something McNair hasn't done in about a half a season or more.

3) I can see this team having a positive outlook for next season if it can get back to 8-8 with Boller at the helm, and do some drafting at DE, CB, and C. maybe even extend ray for a few more years and draft him a guy to groom as his successor at MLB

In general, as a fan I'm proud of the way teh team perservered during Sundays game and there might be some new bonding going on between the marquee veterans and some of the young guys.

Re: Ray gives some verbal support to Boller

1. This quote has already been posted in another thread by Stinger.

2. It's truly amazing how you shove your undying love for Kyle Boller down the throats of every member of this board.

3. Kyle Boller's long term viability on this team depends on his play on the field.

4. I STUNNED you tossed another dig at McNair in your post

PP

I have undying love for the idea that maybe we don't have to restart the QB carosel.

And, I'm a bit worried that we pull a San Diego chargers move and end up with a Phillip Rivers while Boller fully develops somewhere else.

I know listening to Ray the last few weeks, he didn't mention McNair's name or say anything particularly in support of him. And during the previous Boller era, Ray didn't say much about Boller either.

So, its encouraging to me that maybe we don't have restart the franchise, just draft and make a few FA moves.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I have undying love for the idea that maybe we don't have to restart the QB carosel.

And, I'm a bit worried that we pull a San Diego chargers move and end up with a Phillip Rivers while Boller fully develops somewhere else.

I know listening to Ray the last few weeks, he didn't mention McNair's name or say anything particularly in support of him. And during the previous Boller era, Ray didn't say much about Boller either.

So, its encouraging to me that maybe we don't have restart the franchise, just draft and make a few FA moves.
    First of all, the SD analogy doesn't hold water with the Ravens. The Chargers knew what they had in Brees. They franchised him in 2005. You don't give a guy over 8 million bucks a year if you are still figuring out if he's good. He finished 3rd in QB rating for the 2004 season.

They had way too much money (4th overall pick) tied up in Rivers to keep both he and Brees. Also, Brees ripped his shoulder apart in the last game of the 2005 season.

Here in Baltimore we've got a QB in Boller who's career rating is 71.2 (71.9 this season) and an aging QB in McNair who looks to be all but done.

This situation isn't CLOSE to the Chargers situation a few years ago. Im sure you will continue to insist it is but it's not.

Ray Lewis making ONE comment about Kyle Boller after a home loss to the Browns means about nothing when it comes to Boller's future on this team.

Once again, Boller's play will determine his future with this team.

And why did you post this on the main forum. It should be on the QB forum.

I understand though. You want as many people as possible to read it. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside Im sure.

PP

It's nice to see Ray Lewis giving Boller support. I hope Boller is the starter for the rest of the season.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

I wouldn't expect anything else from a teammate then public support to the media. For years members of the local media have said Ravens players say one thing about Boller to the media and then other things privately.

People saw the game and know this is the same Quarterback Raven fans have been forced to watch for many seasons, too many seasons.

That said,

Boller is the best thing this team has right now for the position. Does that mean he's good or even average.... No.

I'm a bit worried that we pull a San Diego chargers move and end up with a Phillip Rivers while Boller fully develops somewhere else.

Fully develops? What you see is what you get with Boller.

He's a 5th year veteran. As a ravens fan I'm tired of seeing this ship sinking with a quarterback that doesn't have the talent to lead this team to the playoffs.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 11-20-2007 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything else from a teammate then public support to the media. For years members of the local media have said Ravens players say one thing about Boller to the media and then other things privately.

Fully develops? What you see is what you get with Boller.

He's a 5th year veteran. As a ravens fan I'm tired of seeing this ship sinking with a quarterback that doesn't have the talent to lead this team to the playoffs.
    1) Ray has very rarely, if ever, publicly supported boller by name in the past few years. IN Boller's 1st year or two, he would say he'll go to war with his rookie QB.

2) Its a difference of opinion with Boller. If you want to think we're a magic bullet QB away, then think that.

I see problems at center, guard, and TE and issues at LT until we put Terry back at LT.

1st half we didn't have any pass protection. 2nd half we did. 1st half we scored basically zero offensive points. 2nd half, we scored 23.

That's all I'll say on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    1) Ray has very rarely, if ever, publicly supported boller by name in the past few years. IN Boller's 1st year or two, he would say he'll go to war with his rookie QB.

2) Its a difference of opinion with Boller. If you want to think we're a magic bullet QB away, then think that.

I see problems at center, guard, and TE and issues at LT until we put Terry back at LT.

1st half we didn't have any pass protection. 2nd half we did. 1st half we scored basically zero offensive points. 2nd half, we scored 23.

That's all I'll say on that.
    Yet you continually ignore the 3 turnovers.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If McNair turned the ball over 3 times, one INT being returned 100 yds for a TD, you'd be starting thread after thread about it.

But nope, not with Boller. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault when he makes mistakes. I don't remember you pointing out all these problems on the offense when McNair was in. Funny how that works.

And Im sorry, but did we all of a sudden have a completely new offensive line playing for Boller? No, we didn't.

That's all I have to say about that.

PP

P.S. Would a Mod please move this to the QB forum.
    Last edited by purplepoe; 11-20-2007 at 12:45 PM.

look ray is a class act, Of course he is going to give a vote of confidence to the "young guys"

PP got it right with
    Yet you continually ignore the 3 turnovers.
    You cant sit there and say all is rosie or everything will be fine when this guy BOller was responisble for 3 turnovers.

If McNair turned the ball over 3 times, one INT being returned 100 yds for a TD, you'd be starting thread after thread about it.
    This is somethng stinger would do, dont play the if game (sorry to point you out sting but you did this very thing to me yesterday). You shouldnt put words in other peoples mouth. I like dave but I could give a shit what kind of post he would or would not post base on a hypotheticals. its baseless
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    look ray is a class act, Of course he is going to give a vote of confidence to the "young guys"

PP got it right with

You cant sit there and say all is rosie or everything will be fine when this guy BOller was responisble for 3 turnovers.

This is somethng stinger would do, dont play the if game (sorry to point you out sting but you did this very thing to me yesterday). You shouldnt put words in other peoples mouth. I like dave but I could give a shit what kind of post he would or would not post base on a hypotheticals. its baseless
    It's not baseless.

Dave made post after post this season after games in which McNair turned the ball over. How it was a major problem etc.....

Im not basing my assumption on nothing. Im basing it on the past.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Of course he is going to give a vote of confidence to the "young guys"
    Not true. He's had plenty of chances to voice support for the 'young guys' and hasn't in the past.

I think, whether it's a good idea or not, Ray pretty much says what he's thinking when he talks.

So a to Ray for giving props to Boller, who did not have a *complete* game on Sunday, but did put the team on his back in the 4th quarter and carry them to the lead with ~40 seconds left.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Dave made post after post this season after games in which McNair turned the ball over. How it was a major problem etc.....
    Well of course he did. Mcnair played like crap. If he didnt do it. I would have done it.

Im not basing my assumption on nothing. Im basing it on the past.
    Interesting, Thats the same sort of response I heard from Stinger. Regardless of that, people change there minds and are not "easy to figure out" jsut because of a thread from 2 or three days ago.

CBD wants whats best for the ravens. That I know. Cut the guy some slack.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--