Willis McGahee Appreciation Thread

Well, if there is one thing that can be said about our offense, it would have to be that Willis McGahee comes to play every week. Sure, he gets stuffed from time to time, but the guy is a freaking work-horse. Watching him move the pile and run it up the gut reminds me a bit of the Jamal Lewis of old. The guy does well at turning it around the corner as well.

Why do we stop handing it to him again?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Willis McGahee Appreciation Thread

Here,here. I haven't seen that many holes opening up for Willis either.Maybe because I had my face buried in my hands.

There was always a worry with the live wire,injury probable McGahee.
    But he has taken to Baltimore,brought some fire to the offense,ran hard,
    made some nice moves and is gaining good yardage.

One of the few bright spots this season.Take a bow Willis.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

You hit it on the head. The one bright spot this season has been McGahee. The #5 ranked RB in the league with 851 yards. It's too bad that this good season he's having is going to waste.

I felt bad for him yesterday. He had several runs for a loss because the offensive line let people pretty much run free in our backfield.

McGahee STILL managed 59 tough yards and a touchdown. The man is a warrior.

I have to say McGahee has been a steal. I remember this spring when Oz made the deal some fans were upset Ozzie gave up two thirds

You have to give up value to get value, although I thought the Bills got low end for him because of the obvious divorce from the franchise and city.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    although I thought the Bills got low end for him because of the obvious divorce from the franchise and city.
    That happens more frequently than not. I have a feeling he is eventually going to get pissed off here in B-More due to the lack of utilization. They guy likes to play and plays hard. Give him the damn ball.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I dont think he will get mad I think he will appreciate our new coach....Bill Cowher
    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

McGahee has been the lone bright spot on offense.

HE is the person we should be building around. Find a line that can open up the running lanes and we're well on our way to have a legit offense -- finally!

.... and do people really think we're getting Cowher???

Cowher will indeed coach in Maryland alright. In Landover.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The running game has always been our stronger aspect. Jamal worked great when healthy physically and mentally and now McGahee is the strong point of this offense. Stick with what works.

Willis has been great. The rest of the offense? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I dont think he will get mad I think he will appreciate our new coach....Bill Cowher
    My Mantra... Just Say NO to Spittle!!!!
    Drugs... okay.. Spittle.. Not!!!!

Bump.

Agreed. If we had an Oline that was even mediocre, then he would be the #1 back in the league this year (oh, and if Billick would run the ball on third and short....ever)

The Oline has been a complete disaster.

Along with special teams.
    HottBirdz...

Running Willis more should be the priority now since it's obvious we have severe issues with pass blocking. J.O. is looking "old" right now, our other linemen are still green around the gills (minus Flynn who is simply average) and our schemes are for the mostpart predictable as hell.

Feed Willis, spell him with Musa/Anderson and fer Christ's sake, pass McGahee the ball! The guy can create off a dumpoff or screen pass better than any RB we've had since PRIEST!