Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comp picks 2017

Blog Entries

Re: Comp picks 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup, good catch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-draft-picks/

If an option isn’t picked up, the player becomes a free agent and, if he signs with a new team before May 11, the departure counts toward the determination of compensatory draft picks. If the team cuts the player, the compensatory formula doesn’t apply.
    TY

My confusion was that the non-application of the comp determination works both ways?
    After that date both the signer is not penalized and the loser is not rewarded? .... just making sure it is both ways, that the option team also loses a countable loss.
    In the above example... if Wallace doesn't sign elsewhere by May 11th, then we get nothing if we didn't exercize the option even though we "lost" him?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Usually patriot "loopholes" end up being illegal "loopholes"
    Doesn't matter if there are no repercussions. Shit everyone should start finding "loopholes", LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    TY

My confusion was that the non-application of the comp determination works both ways?
    After that date both the signer is not penalized and the loser is not rewarded? .... just making sure it is both ways, that the option team also loses a countable loss.
    In the above example... if Wallace doesn't sign elsewhere by May 11th, then we get nothing if we didn't exercize the option even though we "lost" him?
    It's May 9th this year, but, yes, the deadline applies to both. If the player hasn't signed by May 11, he doesn't count one way or another toward the Comp pick formula.

Unless the former team applies a "May 9th" tender to the FA, which is a way of possible retaining exclusive negotiating rights over the player later in the summer, but that never happens. The deadline used to be June 1, and I recall the Ravens in the past specifically waiting until after June 1 to sign a player because once that deadline passed, it wouldn't affect their Comp picks. If the (former) June 1 - this year, may 9 - tender had been applied, the player would still have counted towards the comp pick formula.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 02-25-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    good stuff ! Make or break year for Ozzie AND Harbs. they better knock it out of the park

Agreed. Harbs better get it done AND Ozzie has to have strong back-to-back draft years. We must step up as an organization.

Needs (if NOT met before the draft):
    1. Secondary (CB)
    2. center
    3. WR

GET IT DONE BOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm not sure, but I believe your 2nd round pick is incorrect. The Ravens choose 15th in round #2, that is #47 overall.
    We also have the 14th pick in round #3, that is #78 if my math is correct. OR is there something between the Colts and Vikings that make Rygar's numbers right?
    Can somebody please confirm these numbers? Thank you... Bc
    Bc, you are correct.

The Ravens have R1-16, R2-15 (#47), R3-14 (#78) as their regular draft order, then add the 3rd round compensatory pick, which is #99 overall. Rygar just had the rotation backwards. Teams move up and then fall to the back of the pack. And unless they traded a later pick at some point, the Ravens should also have R4-16, R5-15, R6-14, R7-16.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Bc, you are correct.

The Ravens have R1-16, R2-15 (#47), R3-14 (#78) as their regular draft order, then add the 3rd round compensatory pick, which is #99 overall. Rygar just had the rotation backwards. Teams move up and then fall to the back of the pack. And unless they traded a later pick at some point, the Ravens should also have R4-16, R5-15, R6-14, R7-16.
    Thank you, a b... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Thank you, a b... Bc
    Thanks for the correction. I didn't know which way the rotation went. I assumed it rolled forward instead of backward. Philly and Indy will still flip flop around by it won't matter to the Ravens. It's still 4 top 100 selections that they need to knock out of the park. Last year, the media contention was that they did just that, with load of praise for the 1st 3 picks. The results were actually mixed with Stanley panning out but Correa and Kafusi being non-factors. I'm hoping this year it ACTUALLY happens. I don't care about red-stars and Kiper's grades...they need to net 3 bonafide players to turn their draft misfortunes around and get this team on the right track pushing towards the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I didn't know which way the rotation went.
    Speaking of rotating teams with the same record, with the Colts, Vikings and Ravens all at 8-8, why does the official NFL draft order (via nfl.com) show the Ravens consistently picking 16th every round and not moving up to 15 in round 2, then 14 in round 3 and back to 16 in round 4? It only shows the Colts and Vikings rotating back and forth between 14 and 15 each round. That would mean #16, #48, #80 instead of #16, #47, #78.

Is there something I missed?

Speaking of rotating teams with the same record, with the Colts, Vikings and Ravens all at 8-8, why does the official NFL draft order (via nfl.com) show the Ravens consistently picking 16th every round and not moving up to 15 in round 2, then 14 in round 3 and back to 16 in round 4? It only shows the Colts and Vikings rotating back and forth between 14 and 15 each round. That would mean #16, #48, #80 instead of #16, #47, #78.

SOS maybe?
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Couple of different places, not sure why ESPN and NFL websites didn't bother fleshing it out...my guess is laziness:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/1/...vikings-select

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/2...l-seven-rounds

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=583643

It was definitely a mistake, but it's been fixed now, now that the coin flip for #14 & 15 has been done (which, for whatever reason, may have been why it was wrong).

https://nflcommunications.com/Docume...17%20Draft.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

back and forth between 14 and 15 each round. That would mean #16, #48, #80 instead of #16, #47, #78.

WBaldy posted a chart here today
    http://forum.russellstreetreport.com...82#post1222582

(also accurately shows we don't have our 7th rd pick)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old