Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp picks 2017

Blog Entries

Comp picks 2017

Check out @AdamSchefter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...142871554?s=09

We got pick 99.

Re: Comp picks 2017

The Ravens were rewarded with the 3rd highest 3rd round comp pick. So even with acquiring Weddle, they still managed to get a 3rd rounder for KO. It's the only bonus pick they got this year, but I like that it's this high. The Ravens, Philly and Indy will be rotating picks each round, so the Ravens have 4 of the top 100 draft picks in their pocket. This is also the first year the comp picks can be traded.

Round 1 - Pick #16
    Round 2 - Pick # 14(46th overall)
    Round 3 - Pick # 15(79th overall)
    Comp Round 3 - Pick # 3(99th overall)

That's a good amount of capital to wheel and deal with. I'm hoping Ozzie can recapture the magic of old and hit a couple of home runs this year.

Blog Entries

Oz has been the best at getting comp picks but BB has found a loophole with the option at the end of contracts

Albert BreerVerified account@AlbertBreer 10m10 minutes agoMore

And the Patriots now have seven picks in the first five rounds of the draft, and could deal Jimmy Garoppolo to bolster that haul.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yup. As expected. Waddle & Watson were cancelled by Schaub and Upshaw, freeing up the 3rd for KO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Oz has been the best at getting comp picks but BB has found a loophole with the option at the end of contracts

Albert BreerVerified account@AlbertBreer 10m10 minutes agoMore

And the Patriots now have seven picks in the first five rounds of the draft, and could deal Jimmy Garoppolo to bolster that haul.
    Usually patriot "loopholes" end up being illegal "loopholes"

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The Ravens were rewarded with the 3rd highest 3rd round comp pick. So even with acquiring Weddle, they still managed to get a 3rd rounder for KO. It's the only bonus pick they got this year, but I like that it's this high. The Ravens, Philly and Indy will be rotating picks each round, so the Ravens have 4 of the top 100 draft picks in their pocket. This is also the first year the comp picks can be traded.

Round 1 - Pick #16

That's a good amount of capital to wheel and deal with. I'm hoping Ozzie can recapture the magic of old and hit a couple of home runs this year.
    good stuff ! Make or break year for Ozzie AND Harbs. they better knock it out of the park

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Yup. As expected. Waddle & Watson were cancelled by Schaub and Upshaw, freeing up the 3rd for KO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only thing Schaub has ever done for the Ravens.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Question Re: Comp picks 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

Round 1 - Pick #16

I'm not sure, but I believe your 2nd round pick is incorrect. The Ravens choose 15th in round #2, that is #47 overall.
    We also have the 14th pick in round #3, that is #78 if my math is correct. OR is there something between the Colts and Vikings that make Rygar's numbers right?
    Can somebody please confirm these numbers? Thank you... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 02-24-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yup and I expect this one will follow suit

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Actually, the Ravens have used the same loophole in the past too.

Currently, Mike Wallace has the same option. The Ravens don't have to release Wallace, they just don't exercise the option. So, if the Ravens decide to not exercise the option by March 9, he becomes a UFA and does count toward the comp pick formula.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Actually, the Ravens have used the same loophole in the past too.

Currently, Mike Wallace has the same option. The Ravens don't have to release Wallace, they just don't exercise the option. So, if the Ravens decide to not exercise the option by March 9, he becomes a UFA and does count toward the comp pick formula.
    Just to get things clear for me....

AFAIK there is a time limit on a team penalized a comp for signing him ... after a certain date he can be signed by another team with no penalty?
    But we still get a comp for losing him? just that they don't offset a comp if it is after a certain time?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Just to get things clear for me....

AFAIK there is a time limit on a team penalized a comp for signing him ... after a certain date he can be signed by another team with no penalty?
    But we still get a comp for losing him? just that they don't offset a comp if it is after a certain time?
    Yup, good catch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-draft-picks/

If an option isn’t picked up, the player becomes a free agent and, if he signs with a new team before May 11, the departure counts toward the determination of compensatory draft picks. If the team cuts the player, the compensatory formula doesn’t apply.