Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Remembering ESPN's Ravens Hit Job

KVV used to post here about his articles when he was at the Sun too. I remember getting into a big fight wth him over his hero worship of Dominique Foxworth. He felt that focusing on Union duties instead of trying to get back on the field while getting a big payday from the Ravens was something we should all be cheering. That really bothered me. I had no problem that Foxworth's interests moved away from football but stop taking the money if that's the case. Retire and then do your new career. KVV made it clear that anything NFLPA was good and anything Owner was bad in his opinion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    If he had posted here, I would have remembered the disemboweling that would have followed. That was a totally worthless piece-of-shit "fake news" article that should have resulted in his being shit-canned, rather than being defended. Just another example of why most Americans don't trust the so-called "mainstream" media. In another era, guys like this would have been booted from jobs as so-called "journalists".
    You did pretty much roast him. I found this in a search. Great stuff!

You may want to give him a pass .... I won't! Kevin has come across as a total douchebag who doesn't deserve a job as a sportswriter. I'll never read any more garbage from this cub reporter's typewriter.

Just to think: Kevin once walked the same Sunpaper halls as the late, great John Steadman. Talk about contrasts: devinity vs. dickhead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Van Valkenburg should follow Bill Simmons into the unemployment lines as a result of their disgraceful "journalism".

Blog Entries

If he had posted here, I would have remembered the disemboweling that would have followed. That was a totally worthless piece-of-shit "fake news" article that should have resulted in his being shit-canned, rather than being defended. Just another example of why most Americans don't trust the so-called "mainstream" media. In another era, guys like this would have been booted from jobs as so-called "journalists".
    This

Happens in the uk aswell..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I tried to find an old post or thread but didn't come with anything. I remember him posting something too but couldn't find it.
    I havent seen him post here since, not sure how all that works if somebody deletes their account either. Do their posts go with it?

I remember, you and I in particular and some others, questioning why he would post a story without giving the team time to respond, especially when he asked them to and they said they would. That brought out the whole, it was being leaked so we ran with it BS excuse. Like the Ravens leaking that story was beneficial somehow. I cant remember if he actually responded on here, or if it was elsewhere and his response posted.
    -JAB

KVV used to post here a lot when he was at the Sun. When he moved to ESPN his posts became less frequent, but I do remember him going back and forth with several posters. He was active in the thread until the deadspin article.

His Rice article is part of the reason many Ravens fans believe the NFL/ESPN hates the Ravens.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    KVV used to post here a lot when he was at the Sun. When he moved to ESPN his posts became less frequent, but I do remember him going back and forth with several posters. He was active in the thread until the deadspin article.

His Rice article is part of the reason many Ravens fans believe the NFL/ESPN hates the Ravens.
    I don't think they hate the Ravens. They're just whores and chase whatever brings higher ratings, more clicks, integrity be damned.

Ravens are a small market but when TMZ stories like Rice's surface, ESPN is all over it like a Japanese headband.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You did pretty much roast him. I found this in a search. Great stuff!
    I promise that I do not have a narcissistic personality disorder by talking about myself; however, slamming KVV's "work product" was perhaps my best since the JT Farts wars on old Sunspot in 1998-99.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I don't think they hate the Ravens. They're just whores and chase whatever brings higher ratings, more clicks, integrity be damned.

Ravens are a small market but when TMZ stories like Rice's surface, ESPN is all over it like a Japanese headband.
    :word

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

That has been their MO for years so that's not too surprising.

What surprised me about the whole thing is the lack of any sort of admission they royally messed up after such a complete and proven rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That has been their MO for years so that's not too surprising.

What surprised me about the whole thing is the lack of any sort of admission they royally messed up after such a complete and proven rebuttal.
    I have never seen ESPN retract or admit to wrong doing, ever.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

They've done their fair share of shiesty stuff. I remember the summer when the civil suit against Big Ben came out and was covered by basically every major outlet except one. I don't remember when they finally started covering it but it reminded me how agenda driven they are..... what a joke that was. And I think they did something similar with Favre not long before that. (not a legal issue)

One of the many factors that make them all but a non entity to me anymore.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

They actually did that with the Sandusky charges at Penn State. Started burying Joe Paterno specifically before any evidence was out beyond the university administration burying the allegations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk