Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Political Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I feel like he acknowledges that though. It's like the Crossfire show, he was trying to hold the guys on real news networks accountable for their role. Whenever someone delegitimizes him because he's a comedian he kinda says yeah, but I do a bette job than you, so how does that make you look?
    That doesn't make him better. It makes him the same, if not worse, at the very least a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He's not perfect, but he did a very good job for a lot of years. The show where he took over for Colbert for the monologue and proved how brutal Fox News and Sean Hannity are for basically criticizing Obama for certain things when they praised Trump for the same thing was brilliant.
    No argument here, you'll see above I said Hannity is a partisan hack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I almost listed him. I watched for a bit cause I thought he was funny. Then I noticed when he was wrong he hid behind "I'm a comedian".

I remember years ago (like 5/6)Sean Hannity had a show where he caught Obama in a li. Stewart did a show about Hannity's and left some shit out to make it appear like Hannity was making shit up, when after researching it, it was actually Stewart. But he didn't have to be honest, cause "Hey, it's comedy"
    Stewart changed his name, it's actually Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. Is he ashamed of being Jewish? Mark Levin has called him out on it many times with no answer.

I actually thought Stewart was clever and funny till the comedy writers strike. Anyone remember that? His show absolutely sucked till the strike ended and his writers came back.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Stewart changed his name, it's actually Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. Is he ashamed of being Jewish? Mark Levin has called him out on it many times with no answer.
    I've never understood why some people were seemly obsessed with this. Stewart was a stand up comic/actor. It's very common for people in Hollywood to change their name to something more palatable or easier to pronounce. Sometimes they change their names because someone with the same name was already registered with SAG.

http://stylecaster.com/celebrities-real-names/

Stewart has hinted that he stopped using Leibowtiz because of a estranged relationship with his father.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ing.oscars2006
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I've never understood why some people were seemly obsessed with this. Stewart was a stand up comic/actor. It's very common for people in Hollywood to change their name to something more palatable or easier to pronounce. Sometimes they change their names because someone with the same name was already registered with SAG.

Stewart has hinted that he stopped using Leibowtiz because of a estranged relationship with his father.

Why did the comedy writers strike take away how effectively funny he was? His comedy line every night was just bashing the GOP. He could have done that without writers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Also Michael Savage, who is really Michael Weiner. Is he a Savage Weiner?

Why did the comedy writers strike take away how effectively funny he was? His comedy line every night was just bashing the GOP. He could have done that without writers.
    Yeah...I don't know and don't care. I was only talking about his name changed.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Also Michael Savage, who is really Michael Weiner. Is he a Savage Weiner?
    The most Savage Weiner ever.

Blog Entries

Trump's presser in a 3 minute capsule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXgVcrcyWM

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Takes smug to a whole new level, doesn't he?
    On behalf of the UK, thank you for taking him off our hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    On behalf of the UK, thank you for taking him off our hands!
    Lol ... I thought he was back in your country?

Blog Entries

purely subjective.

its not hard to figure out that 10 people writing jokes is better than 1. especially in as short of timelines as a "daily" show would dictate.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lol ... I thought he was back in your country?
    Not entirely sure to be honest, he's not been on TV much over here of late that I've seen (sweet mercies) and seems to be spending most of his time arguing with people on Twitter these days!