Blog Entries

Eagles D vs. Pats....

One thing I've noticed while watching them is that they play press "D" on the WR's and keep both safeties back and to protect against the big play over the top, and its working really well.
    Do you think the Ravens should try this tactic and bring the LB's back and give up some run plays to assist with passing coverage or am I crazy? Basically, sticking McAllister on Randy Moss the whole game and not worrying about a zone D? They also like Welker over the middle and keeping a LB back would help I think. Plus, the Pats have run it like 4 times on Philly THE WHOLE GAME through the 3rd quarter, and the Ravens are better against the run than the Eagles, so you have to figure they're definitely gonna come out guns blazing.......

PS-I realize the Eagles are getting pressure, but Brady has missed/hasn't thrown because players have been covered even when he's had time!!

Re: Eagles D vs. Pats....

Key = Pressure...we don't have it. Brady is going no huddle on us and pass knowing no one can really run on us.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

You are assuming McAlister will play next week. I wouldn't assume that.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I think the bigger reason this game is close is the fact the Eagles have been aggressive on offense, defense and special teams. Something Baltimore hasn't done all year.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

If there is no Cmac,and no pressure as always allowing countless time for Brady to pick out an open receiver.Then you might have more hope of surviving being hung,drawn and quartered.

To be hanged, drawn and quartered was the penalty once ordained in England for treason.
    Dragged on a hurdle (a wooden frame) to the place of execution. (This is one possible meaning of drawn.)
    Hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead. (hanged).
    Disembowelled and emasculated and the genitalia and entrails burned before the condemned's eyes
    Beheaded and the body divided into four parts (quartered).
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

To me the key last night was Lito Shepperd playing an excellent game on Moss and playing outside technique a lot on him. Their DBs funnelled pretty much everything inside, didn't let Brady and Moss look for big plays deep and outside the numbers, funnel everything into support.

Unfortunately, unless we have McAlister ready to go, we don't have a CB who can match up physically or athletically to Moss. We're in an awful lot of trouble with this one.

Nope, because our "genious" defensive coordinator will think he can out trick Belichick and stick Ngata at safety and Ray Lewis at CB on Moss while we trick out a zone blitz with Corey Ivy and put Dwan Edwards in coverage!

Rolle isn't much of a press corner. CMaC is. If he is healthy, and can go 100% Rex needs to break tradition, and have CMaC shadow Moss all over the field. Line up directly over him, press him good and give chace. Leave Reed deep on Moss' side. IF Moss lines up in the slot, I stay go a step further and have JJ or Suggs press him before sliding to cover the flats.

If we'd been healthy - speaking of both CMac and Pryce here - this would have been a real interesting game. McAlister matches up well with Moss. It would have been even more interesting with last year's offense.

This year, well, if we overachieve it could be a good game. But we will have to overachieve.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.