Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billick 'confident' of his return

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/28250

Check this out. BB doesn't think he's going anywhere because of a good relationship with the owner. Talk to Fassell about good relationships.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Billick 'confident' of his return

Th only thing that would keep Billick in Baltimore is a miracle turnaround and the fact he's has a few years let in his contract. Steve B has to think about sucking up the money and just firing him or sit back and watch another year of a sucky offense.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

ozzie needs to be fired as well. He can't evaluate offensive talent and ignores the trenches.

It's just another example of Billick's giant ego. He's been the one constant on 9 years of lousy offense, and we all know Bisciotti is taking notice. He just doesn't badmouth his coach or make rash Danny Snyder like firings midseason. Heads will roll after the season.

Billick will either be gone, or be forced to hand over the offense to a new OC, who will have his own system and won't just be a Billick yes-man.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Billick needs to let somebody else run the offense during the game.

System, shmystem, all NFL teams run very similar offenses, the same runs, the same passing routes, etc. The naming convention is what changes. And of course, how you run it on game day.

Billick needs to let Ryan and a new OC run the game and he needs to stay back. He is an excellent organizer and planner, he is not good on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    ozzie needs to be fired as well. He can't evaluate offensive talent and ignores the trenches.
    I don't think Ozzie is bad but I believe that Phil Savage is Better. Just look at the cleveland browns and you can see who was the better evaluater of talent.

As far as Brian goes, I still think he has it...just a bad year all around. He won't be fired due to the extension on his contract. Of course I may be eating my words a year from now if it is like this again.

My main faults with Billick is not benching guys when they should be benched. First McNair, now we have Ogden and Flynn going through the motions. Last season it was jamal that needed to ride the pine. I think the problem is that these are all high profile players that upper management has spent a ton of money to acquire or keep. I wonder if Billick is even allowed to pull the trigger and bench some of these cats.

Billick went to the Superbowl by keeping the team's ego in check. They couldn't even mention the word playoff until we clinched. The team played hungry back then. Since then the egos on this team have taken control. I think Billick could be effective if the team were to get younger and lose some of the egos. It would also be extremely helpful if the guy who brings in players could evaluate an offensive player other than a tight end.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Purpleguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I don't think Ozzie is bad but I believe that Phil Savage is Better. Just look at the cleveland browns and you can see who was the better evaluater of talent.

As far as Brian goes, I still think he has it...just a bad year all around. He won't be fired due to the extension on his contract. Of course I may be eating my words a year from now if it is like this again.
    Wow. Just wow.

I haven't posted in a while, hell I've only been skimming both boards because I know the type of posts losing brings. Posts like these two.

We are having a bad year, but don't forget we went 13-3 last year. Brian Billick suddenly didn't forget how to call plays (and the offense was great after he took over save for the Bengals thursday nighter and the Colts playoff loss). Ozzie suddenly didn't go from being the best GM in the league to the worst. Savage was a laughing stock until low and behold all his top 5 picks suddenly are healthy and play well. Question: how many pro-bowlers has Savage signed or drafted that have gone as a Cleveland Brown?

Everyone needs to calm the hell down and remember the past. Stop living just in the moment of a season lost. This team hasn't quit, they have just been betrayed by bad QB play, injuries, and inexperience. That was the difference between 13-3 and whatever we end up with this year.

Also to say ozzie doesn't address the trenches is ridiculous since in the past 3years he has drafted Chester, Brown, Terry, Yanda, Gaither, and Grubbs. That is a whole new line! And on D they have drafted Ngata and signed Price and Bannan. If anything the lines were unaddressed when Savage was here.

And to whoever we said we are a laughing stock is wrong. The Miami Dolphins are a laughing stock. The New York Jets are a laughing stock We will still end up with 5 or 6 wins. Hell right now there are 7 teams that are 5-6, 4 teams at 4-7, 3 teams at 3-8, two teams at 2-9, and 1 team at 0-10. If the draft happened today we would be somewhere between 7 and 10.

We aren't a bad team it is just the circumstances I mentioned earlier (bad QBing, injuries, inexperience (especially on the o-line)) that doomed us. One good draft and FA period and we are right back in the thick of things.

Although everyone should be prepared that if we draft another high QB we are going to continue to be a mid-level team until he figures out what he is doing.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Billick 'confident' of his return
    I'm pretty sure Billick was confident of a winning season and a visit to the playoffs this year to.How did that play out?

Like I have said before Billick needs to take a step back if he is to stay.
    And let some fresh young mind take over the offense,and that means bringing their playbook in,and calling from that playbook.[Take the friggin headset off Billick].

You take a look at what personnel you have on offense,what they are good at, and go in that direction.So at the moment that would be one step drops and max protect in the passing game.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Well Billick knows our owner won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Everyone needs to calm the hell down and remember the past. Stop living just in the moment of a season lost. This team hasn't quit, they have just been betrayed by bad QB play, injuries, and inexperience. That was the difference between 13-3 and whatever we end up with this year.
    Thank you! A voice of reason is as welcome as it is rare during a season like this.

No one is above criticism, especially the head coach, but seriously suggesting that Ozzie should be fired because we're having a bad year is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Thank you! A voice of reason is as welcome as it is rare during a season like this.

No one is above criticism, especially the head coach, but seriously suggesting that Ozzie should be fired because we're having a bad year is ridiculous.
    It is expected. When the season falls to shit before everyones eyes after hearing so much pre-seaosn hype, it get disheartening. It is difficult to NOT live in the moment. While calling for Billicks head along side Ozzie's is a bit much, there are definite changes that need to be made. Too many to list while emotions are running high. The good thing to come out of all of this, those of us on the PSL waiting list should move up the charts pretty quick at the end of this season.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!