Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Free Agency

I think this team can create plenty of cap space without damaging it. Zuttah is addition by subtraction in himself. There is no way they can expect Webb to stay healthy another season. Pitta looks like he's running in mud and can't block for shit. The ONLY reason you even consider keeping Pitta is his rapport with Flacco, but if someone like Graham becomes available? Fuck that.

Wallace very much depends on who else is brought in. For example, would you rather have Wallace and Pitta or Torrey and Graham. Those are the types of decisions you have to make.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    wicked, you listed Tyrod Taylor in "Potential Cap Casualties."
    Am I wrong in thinking that if the Bills keep him they have to guarantee him something like $30 million? I thank anyone who has the answer... Bc
    They save like $13 or 14 mill by cutting him according to Spotrac. Not sure if that is entirely accurate.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

some of those better DBs will likely be too pricey for Baltimore, they're going to have to draft and coach.

Jumping on the Tony Romo story before he's rumored to 10 other teams. I say the Cowboys end up cutting him. He's just not tradeable with that contract. If he's cut, he could take a team friendly deal somewhere but IMO, teams like Jets, Buffalo would have to pay him big to go there.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I read on a Browns site that the release of Josh McCown and Tramon Williams frees up an additional $11 million in cap space on top of the roughly $100 million they already had. It's an insane amount. They can shop the FA market quite extravagantly if they so choose. How many FAs will actually want to play in Cleveland is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They save like $13 or 14 mill by cutting him according to Spotrac. Not sure if that is entirely accurate.
    Ravor's so mad right now.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I know guys like Bmore hate SporTrac, but I'm posting this because it gives you a general idea of the cap space teams around the league are looking at.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2017/

19 teams have more than $30 million in cap space...that's insane. We are one of only 5 teams that don't have at least $20 million...although we are relatively close at $15.
    He's comin' for you too.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The Patriots have $63 million in cap space. 6th most in the league. That's just crazy

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I read on a Browns site that the release of Josh McCown and Tramon Williams frees up an additional $11 million in cap space on top of the roughly $100 million they already had. It's an insane amount. They can shop the FA market quite extravagantly if they so choose. How many FAs will actually want to play in Cleveland is another question.
    Majority of the players who ink large deals in free agency are not choosing the teams based on the teams performance. Its money plain and simple.

Not every one puts an emphasis on winning. It would be nice if they did but don't always work out that way.

It would be nice if we had 100 mill to spend on the cap. We are usually in cap purgatory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    wicked, you listed Tyrod Taylor in "Potential Cap Casualties."
    Am I wrong in thinking that if the Bills keep him they have to guarantee him something like $30 million? I thank anyone who has the answer... Bc
    I read the same thing. That's when TT signed that deal they were calling it a 1 year deal with a huge option. The thought was that the Bills would cut and resign him. If I'm Taylor I'm telling the Bills to take a long walk of a short pier and go somewhere else. The Jets would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Patriots have $63 million in cap space. 6th most in the league. That's just crazy
    Here's where Belichick shows why he's not only the best HC, but one of the best GM's too.

He's got a keen sense when to jettison players, he rarely misses on his draft picks and has the only team in the league where players are 100% held accountable.

11. Re: 2017 Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Players Released So Far (By Team):

Cleveland - Josh McCown, Tramon Williams
    Baltimore -
    Cinci -
    Pittsburgh - Justin Gilbert

New England -
    Buffalo -
    Miami -
    NY Jets -

Indy -
    Tennessee -
    Houston -
    Jacksonville -

LA Chargers -
    Oakland -
    Denver -
    KC -

Washington -
    Dallas -
    NY Giants -
    Philly -

Green Bay - Sam Shields, James Starks
    Detroit -
    Minnesota -
    Chicago -

Atlanta -
    Carolina -
    New Orleans -
    Tampa Bay -

San Francisco -
    Seattle - Tyvis Powell
    LA Rams -
    Arizona -
    Mallet's a FA, correct? Do you think he'll be re-signed, or could you see us making a play for someone like McCown?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I read the same thing. That's when TT signed that deal they were calling it a 1 year deal with a huge option. The thought was that the Bills would cut and resign him. If I'm Taylor I'm telling the Bills to take a long walk of a short pier and go somewhere else. The Jets would be interesting.
    He's going to the Browns. Hue would love a guy like Tyrod and if they can keep him upright, he would likely do well in that system. I'm calling it, Tyrod to Browns.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!