Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rapoport: Ravens were going to trade entire 08 draft class to pick Ryan

yikes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And sucked in the elements with the Falcons. Playing in the elements and being GOOD at playing in the elements are two different things.
    We beat the Steelers in the AFCCG in 2008 because we would have been hosting it with Ryan under center.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    We beat the Steelers in the AFCCG in 2008 because we would have been hosting it with Ryan under center.
    Keep pushing reality on to him, I doubt he will see reality LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    One. Game. I could counter that with Ryan instead of Flacco, we beat the Indy Colts in the playoffs following the 2009 season. See how that works?
    Except that'd be wrong. Ryan would have had to face more challenging defenses, with fewer dome games, had he played in the AFC North.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Why is this thread turning to this shite? It's more than a flacco vs Ryan debate. It's a Ryan vs a whole draft and a 2nd round pick.

Rice was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. Flacco was thee reason we won it. But kruger played a huge part to with his pass rush.

I would never want to give up so much for one player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Except that'd be wrong. Ryan would have had to face more challenging defenses, with fewer dome games, had he played in the AFC North.
    Point is, I don't know, and neither do you. Pure speculation at this point.

Blog Entries

I'm glad they actually showed that they were willing to take that chance, even though it was really the owner pushing for it. Ultimately, I'm glad that they didn't make that deal. I was never completely sold on Ryan. Although he has turned out to be a good QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why is this thread turning to this shite? It's more than a flacco vs Ryan debate. It's a Ryan vs a whole draft and a 2nd round pick.

Rice was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. Flacco was thee reason we won it. But kruger played a huge part to with his pass rush.

I would never want to give up so much for one player.
    Two cats pissing on the rug

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Complete BS!
    How convenient the year that Matt Ryan FINALLY makes it to the Super Bowl and a report comes out that the Ravens offered their entire 2008 draft.
    Laughable.

Neither here nor there, but...the story of this Super Bowl, to me, is "MVP" Matt Ryan taking a 9-yard sack when in FG range, when a FG would all but seal the Super Bowl win.

Blame Shanahan, blame the defense for allowing so many second-half and/or OT points, but...if Ryan/Shanahan just run it and kick the FG following the amazing Jones catch, they are probably Super Bowl champs right now.

Sadly with our front office, he would have been here with the same sad supporting cast that Flacco has had all these years. Over the hill former star WRs and a bunch of yahoos while the front office continues to pick d-lineman and draft TE after TE smh.

We got the perfect QB for this team. A QB that flirts with greatness and disappoints oft enough that you stay in the middle not sure if you are a good well team or poorly managed team living of past draft glory.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'm not buying this story. I know the Ravens looked to move up. Maybe the Rams asked for a whole draft but I can't see Ozzie ever considering that. That's just not his way. At the time too most weren't even sure where Ryan would go. They knew that Parcells didn't like him and the Rams wanted Chris long so Atlanta was the earliest potential pick. Many thought that the Falcons would take Dorsey and the next likely spot was the Jets at #6.

The Jets ended up trading for Favre in August because they didn't get Ryan. They panicked and took Vernon Gholston who was a legendary bust. Ozzie was probably talking to the Chiefs as well as the Rams since they picked right in front of the Jets.