Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT - Maryland Terrapins Basketball Thread

Have the freshmen hit the wall?? They looked tired last night.

My old boss was at the game with his son. He sent me a text and said the Terps looked exhausted.

Looks like they're coming back to reality, sad to say.

Blog Entries

It's normal growing pains, I think. Hopefully Turg is in tune with this team and makes an effort to strategically allow for them to rest.

Looking good today. But again, it's OSU. They better be looking good.

Blog Entries

Yeah they're balling

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

what a shame Lefty is not in the HOF

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    what a shame Lefty is not in the HOF
    I think the Bias death has a lot to do with it. I was down there then, and they tried everything they could to blame him for it.

Cool Re: OT - Maryland Terrapins Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I think the Bias death has a lot to do with it. I was down there then, and they tried everything they could to blame him for it.
    One of the major guys to blame back then was MD's AD Slaughter. He used Bia's death to get rid of Lefty so he could bring in his own bunch of stooges Like Bob Wade. Then Wade ran a crooked program that basically the NCAA used as an excuse to give the Terps the Death Sentence (although the NCAA never officially called it a Death Sentence). It took MD years to recover thanks to Slaughter's mismanagement.

Those were really bad times!

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Maryland's bench outscored OSU, 33-0. That's huge and will pay big dividends in March when the schedule heats up. Hopefully guys like Brantley will continue to step up and the freshman will continue to impress.

We happened to be on a ski trip north of Columbus, deep in OSU territory Saturday. Watched the first half of the game in the lodge & realized I was wearing a Terps windbreaker. Got a few pissy looks & ended up sending my wife to the bar for drinks. OSU fans can be real assholes.

Cool Re: OT - Maryland Terrapins Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Maryland's bench outscored OSU, 33-0. That's huge and will pay big dividends in March when the schedule heats up. Hopefully guys like Brantley will continue to step up and the freshman will continue to impress.

We happened to be on a ski trip north of Columbus, deep in OSU territory Saturday. Watched the first half of the game in the lodge & realized I was wearing a Terps windbreaker. Got a few pissy looks & ended up sending my wife to the bar for drinks. OSU fans can be real assholes.
    When me and my nephew went to Canton for Ogden's induction into the Football Hall of Fame we drove across Ohio to get there. Driving across that state really shocked me. It looked like a cross between West Virginia and some 3rd World Nation. Afterwards, I told everyone that Ohio was a truly great state "To be from..."

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    When me and my nephew went to Canton for Ogden's induction into the Football Hall of Fame we drove across Ohio to get there. Driving across that state really shocked me. It looked like a cross between West Virginia and some 3rd World Nation. Afterwards, I told everyone that Ohio was a truly great state "To be from..."
    You probably took the OH turnpike, which is pretty nasty and not the best scenery. That whole Steel Valley area is pretty depressing; I think that's where they filmed "All the Right Moves".

As much as I hate Ohio though, southeastern OH is pretty nice, very scenic. When I head home, I take Rt. 32, the Appalachian Highway through Athens and you get some great scenery, not as good as Western MD, of course.

If you ever want to do a cool weekend trip, check out Hocking Hills website. It's in that area of OH and there are hundreds of cabins you can rent for a decent price. Any features you want, lakefront, pets, hot tubs, firepits, etc.

Go Terps! Positive Mojo for Sundays game vs. Purdue:)

Damn. Melo Trimble is a bad man.
    "Chin up, chest out."