Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Heap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Todd Heap

I've heard talk that heap misses time because he won't take cortizone shots for pain due to his religion. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is he should be docked pay for the games he is missing.

Re: Todd Heap

I've also heard that. But because it's a religious issue, there is no way they will dock his pay. That will end up almost as bad as the Vikings coach docking Williamson's pay for going to his grandma's funeral, maybe worse....

Don't expect that to happen any time soon
    Waiting for the next one!!!

He is mormon, I think? Mormons don't have any restrictions on medications as far as I know.

Since when do Mormons not take medicine? Can you give us a hint what your source is? I hope you don't mind me saying, until you provide a little more foundation for this tip, I'm inclined not to give it credence.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

No, it's not true. Someone asked the morning show on WNST a week ago, and he said absolutely not.

I am glad to hear that. Religion should not play a part in doing your job. If it does, maybe you need a new profession. I just think we are so desperate these days to win, we are picking on injured players unneccessarily. I am sure Todd Heap would play if he felt up to it. I think the man has integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I am glad to hear that. Religion should not play a part in doing your job. If it does, maybe you need a new profession. I just think we are so desperate these days to win, we are picking on injured players unneccessarily. I am sure Todd Heap would play if he felt up to it. I think the man has integrity.
    Couldn't agree more. Losing really does bring the worst out in us fans. Do you think we would have still won this game if Todd was in?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Losing really does bring the worst out in us fans. Do you think we would have still won this game if Todd was in?
    Not having Heap means we are without our best deep threat. Not having DWill means being without our 2d best deep threat.

We do not have a 3d best deep threat. Everyone else is just someone who can run downfield.

Being without both of them is very painful, like being without our best corner, or our best - only - pass rushing DE. Being without Heap and Wilcox means our **base offensive personnel package**, from which the whole offense was supposed to flow this year (2WR, 2TE), is impossible. It's just painful, and no amount of finger pointing at this player or that coach changes reality.

Who knows what would have happened with Heap in.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

This topic has been addressed countless times.

It's a rumor that has no validity to it whatsoever.

Heap has said on numerous occasions that it's not true.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    This topic has been addressed countless times.

It's a rumor that has no validity to it whatsoever.

Heap has said on numerous occasions that it's not true.

PP
    Poe is absolutely right. And if Heap says he can't go, then I believe him. The punishment he takes going across the middle is enough to make anyone believe that when he's hurt, he truly is.

woohoo, 500 posts! :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am glad to hear that. Religion should not play a part in doing your job. If it does, maybe you need a new profession.
    LOL, if you have religious beliefs they should trump anything else in your life. We are talking about a game, it really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme.

And as noted above, Mormons have no issue with legal medications.

I really have no sources. I've just heard it around alot. I was sort of fishing to see if anyone else here has heard similar things. I'm glad it was somewhat clarified.

I agree with Greg, about religious beliefs trumping a game, but I would hope if that were the case the team would be cautious about how much money they pay a guy that is going to take a beating, but wouldn't be willing to take all steps to come back from that beating.

It's all a moot point, but it sure does seem to take heap a long time to come back from all of these injuries.