Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The game Plan vs the Pats

I posted this on Scout but thought it would make for an interesting topic. The one they used for Gates worked pretty well. He only had two TOTALLY WIDE OPEN TD's!!! We are toast!!! The Pat's are going to be pissed because they did not blow out the Eagles. Our plan should be....show up at Gillete Stadium on Monday and say we thought it was an away game!! Otherwise it should be nickel packages all night because the Pat's will throw the ball 80% of the time
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: The game Plan vs the Pats

Our game plan should include running all kicks back to the Pat's 40, or in for TD's

Here's the Ravens' game plan:

1. Bend over
    2. Grab ankles
    3. Ask Belichick to take it easy

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Yesterday Dick Enberg noted that when Kyle Boller gets protection, he really has a strong accurate arm.

Therefore we should keep 9 guys in to protect him and send one reciever on a Go pattern every play. If he doesn't come open then one of the backs goes out 3.5 yards as a safety valve. The Pats D won't know what to do.

As far as D goes, it will help if we get McCallister back. Even so D doesn't seem to matter much against NE. You just have to go tit for tat with them on offense.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

For all the "billickspeak" about his 1,000 plus play playbook the game plan looks like it's on the same page every single game. Billicks offense doesn't look like it has any cutting edge offensive moves like motion , audibles and the like.

My keys to the game:

Offence:
    - Healthy dose of the run, for god's sake make sure we're running 55% of the time, keep the clock running, grind the drives, don't let Brady on the field too often.

- Get the ILBs (particularly Bruschi) matched one on one with our backs and ends. I know this is an alien concept, but motion McGahee out of the backfield and get Bruschi to follow him. Bruschi simply is not a good linebacker any more and McGahee should singe him to a crisp if we can give him some one on one matchups on the perimeter.

- Double moves on Asante Samuel. He's an aggressive corner and he likes taking risks. Get the O-line to man up and keep the rush at bay long enough to allow us to bait Samuel into blowing his coverage on some double moves.

- Get some unbalanced lines out there. Mike Vrabel is very good off the edge but he is living off of mis matches on ends as the likes of Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green, Ty Warren and Richard Seymour demand doubles inside. Don't let Vrabel get matched up one on one on tight ends, we're short handed there, so put Gaither at tight end, put Yanda at tight end, make the Pats blitzes beat blockers, not ends. If we're gonna keep 6 men in most of the night (wouldn't be a bad idea), make them 6 blockers, not 5 blockers and an end.

- Eat the clock. An extension of running the ball a lot, but we've simply gotta execute and stay on the field. The Iggles let Brady on the field once in the first quarter (OK they gave up a defensive TD, so that would've been probably twice on the field) we've gotta manage something similar, a bevy of turnovers will see this game over by halftime and me on Billick's case in a big style, I don't know how he tolerated three lots of six turnover games on offence, but he's gotta come down hard if it happens again, he should've done the first two times, but clearly didn't.

Defence:

- Outside technique! I'm no great fan of the bend but don't break philosophy, but the Ravens don't need to be giving up the big plays to the Pats outside the numbers. Do as the Eagles did last night (I know we don't have a corner like Lito Shepperd unless we have McAlister healthy) roll a safety over to Moss' side and turn absolutely everything inside and underneath to support. Don't let the Patrtiots spank you for big plays, make them grind down the field and try and set up a running game.

- Don't send these stupid blitz packages. We can't sit and wait for Brady to pick us apart, but by the same token Rex had best come up with some new blitz packages, because the current ones aren't working, and we damned sure haven't faced a QB as adept at picking apart desperate blitz packages like Brady.

- Cover the slots and the seam. We can't do anywhere near as badly as we did yesterday with Gates can we? Ben Watson is a tremendous athlete from tight end and Wes Welker is THE best slot receiver in the league. Scott, Ray and Ivy have gotta step up, we can turn Moss and Stallworth inside all we want but if we don't have our assignments down inside we'll just be trading in a quick death for a slow, drawn out one.

- TACKLE. Most important part of this for me, we're a big hit big attitude sort of team and at times we give up way too much YAC at times looking for a big hit. With Welker particularly the Pats ride big hits well and we can't afford that, we've gotta make sure we're executing wrap up, drag down tackling correctly this week or we're in for another national embarassment.

Motivation:

Billick and the coaches shouldn't need to say a great deal to the players this week. Last time we were on national TV we got thoroughly embarassed, if that isn't motivation enough to right that wrong and ensure it doesn't happen again then well we're headed to 4-12 and saving the Phins from the embarassment of an 0-16 season to be honest.

Just my two penneth.

Maybe Chester is that 6th blocker "TE" you are seeking.. not a bad idea. send him in motion if need be, but keep him opposite Vrabel. Heck, maybe even send him out on a route. Maybe Yanda is the better man for that thoguh, he went out on a curl route at one point yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe Chester is that 6th blocker "TE" you are seeking.. not a bad idea. send him in motion if need be, but keep him opposite Vrabel. Heck, maybe even send him out on a route. Maybe Yanda is the better man for that thoguh, he went out on a curl route at one point yesterday....
    Chester is a pretty good idea there yep, hand't initially thought of him but he played centre, guard, tackle and tight end at Oklahoma so he could be the guy to do that job indeed. Only question would be whether he is able to work in space outside, he's certainly struggled with power inside so maybe taking on Vrabel in space getting back to where he started may suit him better and give him a bit of a confidence boost as well, lord knows everyone on that line looks like they need it.

Can we tear up our turf and put down s field like Shittsburgh played on last night. That may give us a little help
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I am pretty sure we used Chester that way a little bit last year. Good idea for this game. My gameplan includes lining up Figurs as a WR and send him deep 3 or 4 times. We need some long plays. The dink & dunk will not work vs NE.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    I am pretty sure we used Chester that way a little bit last year. Good idea for this game. My gameplan includes lining up Figurs as a WR and send him deep 3 or 4 times. We need some long plays. The dink & dunk will not work vs NE.
    I'm not so sure. The goal has to be sustaining drives. We don't want to start a shoot out and we don't want to be in one unless absolutely necessary. I like a healthy dose of Willis and Mason.

I think if our offense works mistake-free, it might be able to put up a few points with its boring old dink and dunk game, and at the same time keep Brady & Co. off the field. Two problems. One, our offense does not have a pattern of mistake-free football, two, the loss of Trevor Pryce is painful, even if McAlister comes back for the game.

Basically we will have to overachieve like crazy. So that's my plan.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I can't control what the Ravens are going to do on Monday night.

My game plan is to stand and scream on every single down that the Patriots are on offense and to root on the Ravens no matter what happens. That's all I can do.