Page 81 of 153 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Joe Flacco Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Will Joe Flacco be that "guy" again who can truly win the big games? GOTA made an interesting point about Joe being more content once he got his contract on top of his growing family, personally I'm happy for him since I have my own growing family. I just want to see the guy who came into this league from Delaware with a quiet chip on his shoulder ready to prove that he should have been the first QB drafted in 2008, does he have the same fire or is this just a job for him?
    I don't think that Joe will ever be that guy who can be the primary force behind an offense that is completely clicking for an extended period of time. I do think that if Flacco has enough around him then he can be part of good offense. It's just like Eli Manning.

Whenever the Giants offense plays well Eli is a big part of it but he's not the center of it like Brees or Brady or Rodgers or ever Derek Carr. You can have a good offense and win that way. Matt Ryan just won the MVP being that same type of QB.

Get rid of Flacco's safety valve TE and make sure he has 3 receivers who can seriously contribute and Flacco will be able to play better. Don't do that and it's just going to be the same problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What other choice did they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let him play out at the higher cap number for a season and the Ravens would have options in 2017. It's not like they had to have that $5 million in cap space that was created last year. It's also not like they would have been forced to release Flacco without an extension. Ravor had proposed playing out the year at the original number in the contract and he was 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Random thought #1: Is it too much to expect both from someone making an eight figure salary?

Random thought #2: I dunno, was the second greatest season for a running back in NFL history too much to expect from Adrian Peterson the year after he shredded his knee?

Random thought #3 question: Are total yards gained the right metric in that instance? His yards/attempt was co-equal worst of his career (2013).

Bonus thought: I'll trade an elite thread for an elite QB any day...
    Cause this is not how sports work. This is not how life works haha.

Imagine getting brand new management every year at your company haha. Then add all the CBA rules in terms of how much you can ACTUALLY spend with your team leads and managers.

Sports don't work the way you're describing them in your series of questions. I think a large oversight when we judge Flacco is the continuity in our offense. New coaches, new WRs, new RBs. And the problem is those WR and RBs are generally below average at best. The coaching is so-so and the OLine is a turnstile minus Yanda.

I think the pro-Flacco crowd on this board has one message - don't blame the QB, blame the system. I really don't think any other QB in the NFL would propel us to a SB right now. Not saying Flacco will, but our complete lack of investment into that side of the ball has reared its ugly head recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

Imagine getting brand new management every year at your company haha. Then add all the CBA rules in terms of how much you can ACTUALLY spend with your team leads and managers.

Sports don't work the way you're describing them in your series of questions. I think a large oversight when we judge Flacco is the continuity in our offense. New coaches, new WRs, new RBs. And the problem is those WR and RBs are generally below average at best. The coaching is so-so and the OLine is a turnstile minus Yanda.

I think the pro-Flacco crowd on this board has one message - don't blame the QB, blame the system. I really don't think any other QB in the NFL would propel us to a SB right now. Not saying Flacco will, but our complete lack of investment into that side of the ball has reared its ugly head recent years.

Well, all I can say in response to this is that you and I have apparently lived very different lives. Sounds like I would have had more fun in your version. Good on ya.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

it's not even so much the investment to the offense but just the sheer lack of fucking competent coaching to put guys in positions to succeed. We have so many fucking chiefs on this offense as coaches and not one of them can get their fucking head out of their ass John Harbaugh included. He is stuck running the team like a CEO versus being a coach of a tried true system. He puts way too much trust in his coordinators when he should be the one at the helm. He has not evolved and if shit don't change in 2017 his ass can start feeling some heat. He needs to stop counting on other guys to bring in their own shit and build his own shit, test it, run it, work out the kinks, test it and run it again. That way when assistants leave for other jobs the system stays the same, then we can promote from within and keep the wheels turning that's positive continuity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it's not even so much the investment to the offense but just the sheer lack of fucking competent coaching to put guys in positions to succeed. We have so many fucking chiefs on this offense as coaches and not one of them can get their fucking head out of their ass John Harbaugh included. He is stuck running the team like a CEO versus being a coach of a tried true system. He puts way too much trust in his coordinators when he should be the one at the helm. He has not evolved and if shit don't change in 2017 his ass can start feeling some heat. He needs to stop counting on other guys to bring in their own shit and build his own shit, test it, run it, work out the kinks, test it and run it again. That way when assistants leave for other jobs the system stays the same, then we can promote from within and keep the wheels turning that's positive continuity.
    This is the problem he doesn't have a system hell he doesn't even know what system he wants. Air Coryell, West Coast, power running, zone running. It's just a mess add in a not very good oline bad recievers average running backs and a new OC every year and the results speak for themselves. Just think less then 365 days and Harbaugh will be probably in the college ranks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    This is the problem he doesn't have a system hell he doesn't even know what system he wants. Air Coryell, West Coast, power running, zone running. It's just a mess add in a not very good oline bad recievers average running backs and a new OC every year and the results speak for themselves. Just think less then 365 days and Harbaugh will be probably in the college ranks
    he better get his shit together in 2017, it's been 10 freakin years and this offense is still behind in times.

PFF's best QB ratings for each "common" route.
    Contrary to local flavor, the two yard check-down is not included.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

I don't think John Harbaugh is a huge expert ooffense but I don''t think he's clueless either on what he wants to run on offense and what he doesn't want to run. John Harbaugh has made it clear that he wants to run a west coast offense but losing Kubiak after one season really caused some problems. I don't think John Harbaugh expected him to leave after one season especially since Kubiak had health issues and a bad record after being fired by The Houston Texans as a head coach.

I'm not sure if John Harbaugh could have done a better a job replacing Gary Kubiak but he obviously made it known that he wants a west coast offense by hiring Marc Trestman , Marty M, and Greg Roman. The time I thought Joe Flacco ever played with bad receivers was in 2013 and I honestly thought last year receiver group was pretty good but Flacco just wasn't do to some understandable reasons. Blocking scheme wise The Ravens been running a power blocking scheme during the first three years of Joe Flacco career but afterwards started to add the zone blocking scheme into the mix . 2014 probably is the year they ran the zone blocking scheme the most but after Kubiak left it should have been expected for The Ravens use less of the zone blocking scheme since Juan Castillo philosophy is beyond/more than that.

Not really sure if one year is enough for Castillo to even learning the zone blocking scheme atleast not in the way Gary Kubiak likes to run it . I honestly don't even think Castillo was a bad offensive line coach either and he obviously should take credit for the development of Ricky Wagner and K.O .Wagner may end up netting The Ravens 3rd round comp pick for the 2018 draft if he's not re-signed. The running backs last year can be considered average but upside wise there's nothing average about Dixon and West.

Blog Entries

arguments in here we have all made over the past years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I don't think John Harbaugh is a huge expert ooffense but I don''t think he's clueless either on what he wants to run on offense and what he doesn't want to run. John Harbaugh has made it clear that he wants to run a west coast offense but losing Kubiak after one season really caused some problems. I don't think John Harbaugh expected him to leave after one season especially since Kubiak had health issues and a bad record after being fired by The Houston Texans as a head coach.

I'm not sure if John Harbaugh could have done a better a job replacing Gary Kubiak but he obviously made it known that he wants a west coast offense by hiring Marc Trestman , Marty M, and Greg Roman. The time I thought Joe Flacco ever played with bad receivers was in 2013 and I honestly thought last year receiver group was pretty good but Flacco just wasn't do to some understandable reasons. Blocking scheme wise The Ravens been running a power blocking scheme during the first three years of Joe Flacco career but afterwards started to add the zone blocking scheme into the mix . 2014 probably is the year they ran the zone blocking scheme the most but after Kubiak left it should have been expected for The Ravens use less of the zone blocking scheme since Juan Castillo philosophy is beyond/more than that.

Not really sure if one year is enough for Castillo to even learning the zone blocking scheme atleast not in the way Gary Kubiak likes to run it . I honestly don't even think Castillo was a bad offensive line coach either and he obviously should take credit for the development of Ricky Wagner and K.O .Wagner may end up netting The Ravens 3rd round comp pick for the 2018 draft if he's not re-signed. The running backs last year can be considered average but upside wise there's nothing average about Dixon and West.
    LOL we know this all too well.