Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chargers

See...protect the damn ball.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You haven't seen some terrible passes today?

Wow.

Anyway. It's certainly not just on Boller. He's a minor piece of crap in the major dump this team is taking in San Diego.

Im wondering if ANY NFL has muffed 2 kickoffs like that in a season. Hell, twice in 3 weeks!

PP
    I've seen one or two bad passes. I've seen many more incredible passes. You'll see bad passes from every NFL QB. even those with phenomenal o-lines.

I just have a real problem with the faction that thinks we are a QB and a coach away from being a great team. This team needs some serious reworking, and I don't think Ozzie is up for the task.

BTW, give boller time and he's as good as any QB in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    See...protect the damn ball.
    Give him more than a half a second.

And of course, no sense of urgency. Just let the clock run out in the 3rd before punting the ball... Unreal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    A QB has to be aware of what is going on around him too. He is playing just OK in this game, but at this point playing OK is not going to get it done.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I really hope you mean any average QB, and not any QB.

I've seen one or two bad passes. I've seen many more incredible passes. You'll see bad passes from every NFL QB. even those with phenomenal o-lines.

I just have a real problem with the faction that thinks we are a QB and a coach away from being a great team. This team needs some serious reworking, and I don't think Ozzie is up for the task.

LOL.

He's as good as any QB in the NFL with time?

Good lord man.

I get that his protection is crap. He's made some nice throws and some shit throws. This line has given the "other" QB on this team some shitty protection as well.

I think you know me well enough to know that I believe this team has major issues.

But to say he's as good as any QB in the league if he has time (how much btw?) is a stretch to say the least.

He had time on that 4th down play, that's for sure.

PP

Definately don't agree with this.

Of course if you surround him with perfect parts he will be more than competent.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen for any QB...this OL isn't the best, but I've definately seen worst here.

And Kyle has looked virtually identical to most QB's we have had here...I definately agree that this system sucks and other players could do more to help out, but I don't see any difference with him when you look at his entire body of work compared to most of the others. His stats are on par with Elvis, Blake, Banks, Dilfer, and even Wright. That is an indication of a problem bigger than the QB, but at the same time, those QB's weren't very good...

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    A QB has to be aware of what is going on around him too. He is playing just OK in this game, but at this point playing OK is not going to get it done.
    And I'm telling you that there isn't a QB alive, dead, or yet to be born that would ever play more than OK in this offense. If our "wizard" of a GM would finally pull his head out of his ass and get a supporting cast then maybe we might see some solid QB play.

And I'm telling you that there isn't a QB alive, dead, or yet to be born that would ever play more than OK in this offense. If our "wizard" of a GM would finally pull his head out of his ass and get a supporting cast then maybe we might see some solid QB play.
    Soooooo....

Tell me what you think the Pats record would be if Kyle Boller was their QB.

I respect your posts alot PG, but cmon man.

PP

You've got to be kidding.

He had time to see the rush, start to scramble and fumble.

Again, this was not some blindside sack where he was hit as soon as his back foot hit the ground.

Tom brady doesn't even break a sweat. His line is amazing, and Moss turns sure INTs into TDs . Mark Rypien looked like Superman behind that 91 Redskin o-line.

Ozzie has made two serious moves on the o-line in 12 years. One, a can't miss with Ogden. The other a misfire with Searcy.