Page 1 of 123 123 ... LastLast

2017 Off-season Around the League Thread

Finally transitioning the Around the League thread...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: 2017 Off-season Around the League Thread

Re: Andrew Luck (since his squad is on the schedule)

Jim IrsayVerified account
    ‏@JimIrsay
    Andrew recovering from successful outpatient surgery to fix right shoulder injury that had lingered since 2015. Will be ready for season!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Nice lol. Without planning Baldy ended the 2016 thread with the same tweet that I kicked-off the 2017 thread.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Question Re: 2017 Off-season Around the League Thread

Will our Elvis (99 career sacks) still be in the house (to get #100) in 2017?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/baltim...r-someone-else

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Will our Elvis (99 career sacks) still be in the house (to get #100)?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/baltim...r-someone-else

... Bc
    This can be its own thread, no? I mean, it is Ravens related

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This can be its own thread, no? I mean, it is Ravens related
    You are correct. Sorry, I was just thinking 2017... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Nice lol. Without planning Baldy ended the 2016 thread with the same tweet that I kicked-off the 2017 thread.

An educated guess on Luck's general timeline.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 45m45 minutes ago
    My understanding of #Colts QB Andrew Luck’s timeline post-surgery: 3 months to start throwing. 6 months for a full return. That’s mid-July.

@BigPlayReceiver

Adrian Peterson said he is interested in playing for the Texans, Bucs, and Giants.
    Peterson is still under contract with the Vikings, but there seems to be little hope he remains with the team next season. Owed $18 million in salary and bonuses including a $6 million roster bonus due on March 11, there is also little chance any team trades for the aging star. That means Peterson should have his pick of the litter once he is released, but none of these teams are viable options right now. The Texans just spent a lot of money on Lamar Miller, and Peterson is not a good fit in the Giants' shotgun-heavy attack. The Bucs could be an option if they decide to move on from Doug Martin, but Peterson is not a better player than Martin at this point in his career and might end up costing more. Along with Tony Romo, Peterson's search for a new team will be one of the biggest storylines this offseason.

Blog Entries

Ravens Insider@RavensInsider 1m1 minute ago
    Comcast SportsNet will no longer partner with Ravens http://dlvr.it/N8Yzdy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ravens Insider@RavensInsider 1m1 minute ago
    Comcast SportsNet will no longer partner with Ravens http://dlvr.it/N8Yzdy
    Assholes! I could actually see the Ravens weekly show all the way down here in Atlanta during training camp and through the season.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s44 seconds ago
    Seattle may lose 2nd-round pick in 2017 draft as a result of season-long failure to disclose knee injury to Richard Sherman, per @mortreport