Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Injury Report for the Chargers game.

Out: QB Steve McNair (left shoulder), WR Demetrius Williams (ankle).

Doubtful: TE Todd Heap (hamstring).

Questionable: DT Justin Bannan (ankle), OT Jared Gaither (ankle), CB Chris McAlister (knee), S Gerome Sapp (thigh), TE Daniel Wilcox (foot).

Probable: S Ed Reed (back, neck), CB Samari Rolle (illness), LB Gary Stills (knee), T Adam Terry (ankle), CB Jamaine Winborne (ankle).

Sigh. Todd Heap will be out AGAIN. McAlister is being called a gametime decision.

Re: Injury Report for the Chargers game.

I think Heap is taking it easy and resting the hammy for the Ravens playoff run.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I half-expected Heap to be out for this game. Time for Q-Syp to step up (again). He's been fairly good this year.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Not to mention the flu bug going around. It reminds me of My Cousin Vinny: "You believe dat, da whole store got the flu"

Absolutely. Quinn has proven himself to be a fairly capable TE, although certainly not on that first tier of TE's like Gonzo, Gates, or Miller. But he's caught just about everything he touches, and he seems to release well.

My concern for Todd Heap continues to grow. Hopefully Wilcox will be able to go tomorrow and give us some 2 TE sets we've been missing.

Miller?

Two tight ends - *any* two tight ends - lets us finally use our base offensive formation, from which the offense was supposed to be built this year. The idea was to use this personnel grouping, taking advantage of our TE's pass catching skills, and Wilcox' ability to line up as FB, to switch from standard 2 TE sets, to lining one up outside and having 3 wide, and so on.

This according to one of the coaches (Neuheisel? I think?) I caught on one of the radio shows this week. It's the 'Tiger' grouping and was supposed to be the centerpiece of the offense.

Oh well!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

any more recent news on Wilcox? Haven't heard a whole lot about his progress. He's 50% according to the injury report. Like Stinger said, lets hope he can go and give us that option of two TE sets.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Miller would be Heath Miller, the Pitt TE. Most reports said Wilcox would play this week for sure, but that could be smoke and mirrors or just hopefulness.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

One of the articles I read was saying their is a good chance Heap might be done for the year.

According to Aaron last week, they rushed Heap back for the St. Louis game where he re-injured his hamstring.

Then he got rushed back for the Cincy game and re-injured it again.

I don't understand rushing him back for the Rams game. At that point we still had a decent record and really didn't need him.

Heath Miller is NOT in the same tier of TE as Gonzo and Gates. Not even close.