Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gary Baxter career in danger?? maybe....

Looks like he needs to have surgery on BOTH his knees,definitely doesnt look good for Gary,recovery time of at least 12 months.

http://www.cleveland.com/weblogs/browns/

This guy has been plagued with injuries the last 2 years,even if he does recover I cant imagine him being anywhere near what he was before.

Re: Gary Baxter career in danger?? maybe....

That franchise is cursed.

All Gary had to do was sit down and have an Egg McMuffin with Ozzie and he might still have a football career today. Sure, it might have been as a Safety, but maybe here in Baltimore he doesn't have all these injury problems he's been having. I don't know if he's going to recover from this fully.

That franchise is indeed cursed.

BOTH knees? Wow. That's a little unusual.

The Browns do seem to have had more than their share of injuries the past two or three years.

Torn his patellar tendons in both knees, that's really not good, hope he can make a full recovery but that doesn't look good and I seem to remember he had a season ending injury last year as well. Best wishes to him, this doesn't look good though.

Wow, that is terrible. Good luck in your recovery, Gary!

Then get the hell of the cursed city!!!!

The guy has been injury riddled the past few years. Tearing the patellar tendons in each knee is very serious.

Even if he would have had the McMuffin with Ozzie, he could have had the same thing happen here & tied up our cap. SO, the Ravens made a good choice letting him walk. Although his replacement has left a lot to be desired this year.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Damn. That's gotta make rehab really tough, having both knees torn up at the same time. I never thought he was as bad as most did (he was still overpaid, though). Best of luck to him.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

It's interesting too that Baxter never had any recurring injury problems either in college or with the Ravens. Yet in his 2 years in Cleveland he's been hurt more than he's played.

Quote Originally Posted by losac View Post
    It's interesting too that Baxter never had any recurring injury problems either in college or with the Ravens. Yet in his 2 years in Cleveland he's been hurt more than he's played.
    It looks like the Cleveland "1st round" curse is becoming the Cleveland "big name free agent" curse.

I hope Gary gets better.

Even if he would have had the McMuffin with Ozzie, he could have had the same thing happen here & tied up our cap. SO, the Ravens made a good choice letting him walk. Although his replacement has left a lot to be desired this year.
    If he stayed here, it would have been at safety. I would have been ecstatic having Ed Reed and Gary Baxter on the insides. He may or may not have gotten hurt here, of course. But I would have taken it under that situation.

He wasn't going to play safety for that type of money he's getting paid.