Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogue One

Blog Entries

Rogue One

Don't know if everyone else has seen it yet, but it was really good. I knew it was a separate storyline from the main story about the Skywalker family, but I wasn't aware how they would tie it in.

They did a great job. It was very well done.

For those that aren't aware, this story is supposed to occur between Episodes 3 and 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Rogue One

I thought the commentary about it being better than episode vii was a little over the top, but solid overall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I thought the commentary about it being better than episode vii was a little over the top, but solid overall.

Force Awakens was fantastic, but I can understand how some may feel that Rouge One was better.

It was new territory and they could kind of go any way they wanted with it. I also liked that there were no big name actors or actresses in it.

I hope they do another off-shoot. Preferably between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Force Awakens was fantastic, but I can understand how some may feel that Rouge One was better.

It was new territory and they could kind of go any way they wanted with it. I also liked that there were no big name actors or actresses in it.

I hope they do another off-shoot. Preferably between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens.

Personally I'm hoping they bring back the shadows of the Empire storyline. That would be cool too though.

Did you pick up on Tarkin being cgi? I certainly didn't.

Blog Entries

Personally I'm hoping they bring back the shadows of the Empire storyline. That would be cool too though.

Did you pick up on Tarkin being cgi? I certainly didn't.

The first few scenes with him I didn't, but then I figured it out.

I thought they were comparable.
    Some of the critics of Vii were that it was a rehash of the original, which to some extent had some merit.
    I really enjoyed both. Rogue One did start a little slow.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I thought they were comparable.
    Some of the critics of Vii were that it was a rehash of the original, which to some extent had some merit.
    I really enjoyed both. Rogue One did start a little slow.
    Oh yeah. It's like they had an episode IV punch list they went through

So last year was the first time I watched Star Wars.

I only watched Episodes 3-6. I haven't seen Force Awakens yet.

Should I skip 1-3? Are they crucial? Thoughts? Opinions? GO!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So last year was the first time I watched Star Wars.

I only watched Episodes 3-6. I haven't seen Force Awakens yet.

Should I skip 1-3? Are they crucial? Thoughts? Opinions? GO!
    You mean Episodes 4-6? Those were the original 3.

Episodes 1-3 could have been alright, but they were horribly cast (Hayden Christensen...ugh...) and they were really over produced. They also included a lot of dumb characters like Jar-Jar Binx. I got the impression that they were trying to make a line of Star Wars movies that would appeal to little kids.

The Force Awakens (Episode 7) was awesome. It was well cast and it was written/directed by JJ Abrams who is, IMO, one of the best sci-fi directors out there. Hopefully Abrams is on through Episodes 8 and 9.

Rogue One didn't have anything to do with the actual story line, but plays right into Episode 4, which was really well done IMO. There were a lot of things in Episode 4 (from 1977) that were referenced in Rogue One very subtly, which was awesome. It was overproduced or overthought at all. That's what I liked about it. As soon as I got home, I popped on Episode 4 and blasted through Episode 5,6,&7.

You mean Episodes 4-6? Those were the original 3.

Episodes 1-3 could have been alright, but they were horribly cast (Hayden Christensen...ugh...) and they were really over produced. They also included a lot of dumb characters like Jar-Jar Binx. I got the impression that they were trying to make a line of Star Wars movies that would appeal to little kids.

The Force Awakens (Episode 7) was awesome. It was well cast and it was written/directed by JJ Abrams who is, IMO, one of the best sci-fi directors out there. Hopefully Abrams is on through Episodes 8 and 9.

Rogue One didn't have anything to do with the actual story line, but plays right into Episode 4, which was really well done IMO. There were a lot of things in Episode 4 (from 1977) that were referenced in Rogue One very subtly, which was awesome. It was overproduced or overthought at all. That's what I liked about it. As soon as I got home, I popped on Episode 4 and blasted through Episode 5,6,&7.

Shit yes. 4-6. BTW it's insane how good the graphics are in New Hope for a movie made in friggin 77. Couldnt imagine watching that in theatre back then....

I'm gonna rip through 4-6 again, hit 7 on Friday and go see Rogue One on Saturday.

Fuck 1-3
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Shit yes. 4-6. BTW it's insane how good the graphics are in New Hope for a movie made in friggin 77. Couldnt imagine watching that in theatre back then....

I'm gonna rip through 4-6 again, hit 7 on Friday and go see Rogue One on Saturday.

Fuck 1-3
    Don't get me wrong, there are some good backstory nuggets in there about Anakin Skywalker being Luke and Leia's old man...who the Emperor actually is...the Clone Wars...and Obi Wan.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good backstory nuggets in there about Anakin Skywalker being Luke and Leia's old man...who the Emperor actually is...the Clone Wars...and Obi Wan.

Yeah I might get to them eventually. But I really wanna see rogue one this weekend now and all 7 prior to would be ambitious....unless I take a sick day

- Ray Lewis