Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Rex officially out in Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    What did he do? I know he ran his chap a bunch but that was Rex being Rex. Having been here for a decade, they shouldn't have expected anything less.

Was there more to that story that I missed? I am seriously asking.
    I read through the rest of thread to see if anyone responded before I decided to. in 2007, the locker room was in turmoil and Rex didn't help the situation. The defensive players were very frustrated with the offense and it was an injury ridden year for the defense. So, there was extra strain. The defensive players were making comments (Can't remember exactly) and carrying it like "They did their job". Rex would actually go to the podium post-game and say "The defense did it's job". The locker room was fractured. So, Bisciotti began to investigate. Sources say he brought Rex to his office and questioned Rex about whether or not Billick had lost the locker room. When Rex told him yes, Bisciotti saw that as an act of disloyalty. To this day, I'm convinced that was a test from Bisciotti to see what type of character Rex had. As they say in several businesses, including the wrestling business, Rex betrayed Billick and 'went into business for himself'.

When Billick was fired, of course, the entire defense wanted Rex to be the Head Coach. Yet, you heard nothing from the offensive players. Rex started parking in the Head Coach's spot before a final decision was even made for the Head Coach. Then, on the way out, he basically acted like Earl Weaver getting ejected from a game in the third inning.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I definitely would take Rex over Pees in a heartbeat, I would lobby hard for that so I'm changing my mind on the lobbying hard part from my previous post LOL
    I don't want Rex at all. Yes he's aggressive however he's not full proof. Also I strongly believe that he still fancies himself a HC and would potentially undermine John. The guy is a near savant in one area but a near dullard in most others.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So now the narrative is that Rex is more of an X's and O's coach than Harbs? SMH

Rex may be the most overhyped DC in recent history and besides a handful of moments with the Jets, was an abysmal HC.

The Ryan's survived this long on hype and their fathers legacy, not their skill. There's a reason both are unemployed (or soon will be).

Every team they've been a coach there's been locker room drama and some want him here again?
    This. Oh, so much this.

Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel

I don't want Rex here in any capacity.

I'd rather Chuck Pags back over Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and now they're benching Tyrod Taylor. Clearly it's about the money, and someone in upper management or ownership wants to see what they have in EJ Manuel, albiet for one game. Tyrod coming off of one of his best games
    If I were Tyrod, I'd want to be traded. I wouldn't want to play for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I read through the rest of thread to see if anyone responded before I decided to. in 2007, the locker room was in turmoil and Rex didn't help the situation. The defensive players were very frustrated with the offense and it was an injury ridden year for the defense. So, there was extra strain. The defensive players were making comments (Can't remember exactly) and carrying it like "They did their job". Rex would actually go to the podium post-game and say "The defense did it's job". The locker room was fractured. So, Bisciotti began to investigate. Sources say he brought Rex to his office and questioned Rex about whether or not Billick had lost the locker room. When Rex told him yes, Bisciotti saw that as an act of disloyalty. To this day, I'm convinced that was a test from Bisciotti to see what type of character Rex had. As they say in several businesses, including the wrestling business, Rex betrayed Billick and 'went into business for himself'.

When Billick was fired, of course, the entire defense wanted Rex to be the Head Coach. Yet, you heard nothing from the offensive players. Rex started parking in the Head Coach's spot before a final decision was even made for the Head Coach. Then, on the way out, he basically acted like Earl Weaver getting ejected from a game in the third inning.
    Those two nuggets I didn't know. I knew the defense was pissed with the offense and who can blame them.... that year the Bengals beat us with 7 field goals. If the offense could have mustered a single drive to give the D a break... they might have won.

I also figured, knowing Rex, he didn't take the offenses lack luster performance lightly. I figured smart alec shit was said about the offense in defensive meetings but I didn't realize he was that open with it. I also didn't know that he actually threw Billick under the bus to Biscotti.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So now the narrative is that Rex is more of an X's and O's coach than Harbs? SMH

Rex may be the most overhyped DC in recent history and besides a handful of moments with the Jets, was an abysmal HC.

The Ryan's survived this long on hype and their fathers legacy, not their skill. There's a reason both are unemployed (or soon will be).

Every team they've been a coach there's been locker room drama and some want him here again?
    Doesn't seem much difference record wise between him and John the last two years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Doesn't seem much difference record wise between him and John the last two years

You just walked into an onslaught of lectures and you don't even realize it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    rex made the afccg with sanchez :bag:
    Twice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

You just walked into an onslaught of lectures and you don't even realize it.
    Is it not true?

Blog Entries

Whoa whoa whoa!! No narrative of the sorts lets back pedal here all I said was this is based on my preference nobody gotta agree with it is that if I could take the aggressive style and football knowledge of Rex particularly defensive knowledge and mash that with Harbaughs professionalism would make MY perfect HC. Some people need to get out their feelings i said nothing to make this narrative just stating my personal preference. It wasn't a knock on Harbaugh or wanting Rex anywhere near here. Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Uh oh, you don' gone and done it now........................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore