Threaded View

24x7 Survival League has ended

Well, it was my intention to congratulate the winner of the 24x7 survival league on this forum, but it was me, so I won't.

Instead, congratulations to everyone who made it this far. Five different people (out of only twelve league participants) survived the first six weeks of the season, which is a pretty fantastic total; the previous eliminations were in week three! But thanks to a messy weekend of upsets, four went down, picking Jax, Jax, Philly, and Seattle. In fact, I had picked Jacksonville as well, but on hearing that Leftwich might not play, I switched my pick to Indianapolis; otherwise we'd have a five-way tie. So congrats to GreenWave52, RavenFan, 52Rayvens, and Skimmy for getting through six weeks without a miss. And thanks to everyone who participated.

I'll try to get this league started a little sooner next year, and maybe we'll have a few more interested players.

Having used Seattle, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Atlanta, New England, Denver, and Indianapolis, my week eight pick is the New York Giants. Eli and company play host to the Bucs, who have pulled off a couple of shocking home upsets lately and are due to take a dive on the road. The easy pick would be Chicago, hosting San Francisco, but I'll try to save them for a week where nothing else is available.
    Last edited by Gabrosin; 10-23-2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Sure sounded like I was calling San Fran an easy winner on the first read!