Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bryant Gumbel Worst Commentator

I only watched a total of 3 MNF games last year because of those maroons.

And so far this year a total of 6 Qtr.s out of 4 different games.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Phil Simms, Troy Aikman, and Mike Patrick as commentators for MNF....PS and TA just because of their game knowledge/understanding and Patrick just because he's good at what he does....and either Melissa Stark, Amber Theoharis (Baltimore girls) or Erin Andrews as sideline reporter. Erin Andrews is easy on the eyes!!!

Amber Theoharis is a joke like Anita Marks. After listening to her defend Aubrey Huff's comments I lost all respect for her. One knew ESPN personality I like is Keyshawn Johnson and I couldn't stand him when he played. Unlike Michael Irvin he doesn't suck up to the players. His interview with Chad Johnson was one of the best I've seen in years. Stewart Scott is someone else I could do without.

I think Greg Gumble is ok but have no tolerance for Bryant G, or Korny.
    on MNF I usually listen to the radio whilst watching the tube.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Bryant Gumbel is background music at best.

And as for Andrea Kremer check this out.Her voice makes my ear drums bleed.

http://zubazpants.com/sports/2007/11...emer-gets-wet/

And for all you Erin Andrews stalkers out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIP7a9Z-YBM
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Agreed with nearly every point -- Mike Patrick is an underrated play-by-play guy, Gumbel is bad, Kornheiser is also bad but in a much more annoying way. If they would just get rid of him and go to a two man booth on MNF with Tirico and Jaws, it would be much better (although ESPN would still screw it up with their show-biz approach).

I like Collingsworth but completely understand why some don't -- he somehow seems to often exude this smug, "I know more than you do" attitude which puts people off.

Oh, and thanks PP, for even mentioning the idea of Gumbel and Kornheiser working a game together. I'll probably have a nightmare about that tonight if I can't exorcise that concept from my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Gumbel is bad. It's like he's on another planet or something. I actually start laughing at some of the stuff he says. It's actually pretty sad. I don't know why I laugh.

Kornheiser though is in a different league. When he starts, I find myself wanting to throw things through the TV. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I want to turn the sound down or walk out of the room because he grates on my nerves . . . . . blech I would prefer to listen to ANYONE other then him.
    I love Kornheiser... but not on MNF. That said, Bryant Gumball just makes my head thump! It's so bad, it's laughable. He's even worse than Criqui, or whatever his name is!

8. Re: Bryant Gumbel Worst Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by JimBone View Post
    [Stupidest thing ESPN did was break up the Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann team. I always liked those guys.
    Definitely best crew I've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

Theisman can have his McCarver moments but Mike Patrick is a pro.

Plus the NFL network score box graphic during the game.Looked like a five year old designed it.

I prefer college football commentators to any of the NFL ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Plus the NFL network score box graphic during the game.Looked like a five year old designed it.

I prefer college football commentators to any of the NFL ones.
    I think the NFLN borrowed the graphic from ESPN and tweaked it some. At least that's how it appears to me.

Anyway, Mike Patrick was on over the weekend. I can't remember now if it was the Kansas/Missou game or Auburn/Alabama. It was good to hear him call a game.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I wish ESPN would stop showing Todd Blackledge eating all that good food,that you cannot get a sniff at over here in England.

Tony Kornhole is the worst of the NFL commentators. I think Tony wanted to stick that jacket up his ass that Chad Johnson put on after his first touchdown during the Cincy Baltimore game on MNF. Also, he needs to give up that comb over. He isn't fooling anyone with that nappy mess.