Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Excellector

Blog Entries

Re: The Excellector

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I can't disagree with any of this my man. On a side note and not too many folks have really throwed this out there but Harbs haven't gotten an extension yet and next season is the last year on his contract. You think there is something going on there? Or maybe there's nothing?
    I think that overall Steve Bisciotti does value stability. He gave Brian Billick years after he took over complete control of the team, before firing him and John Harbaugh has been here going on 9 once the season is over. So I don't think that making a move this off-season automatically makes the Ravens, the Browns or Washington. You can point to teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay and New England, but none of them have recently gone 3 out of 4 seasons missing the playoffs. Not only do I question whether or not Steve Bisciotti will change his mind, I actually question whether or not John Harbaugh would want to play a lame duck season. I don't have anything concrete to base that on. My heart tells me that a change is needed and that I'll wish Harbaugh well wherever he goes, whether that's in the college or Pro ranks. My gut is torn. I wouldn't be surprised if he were back or if he were fired.

I think that Bisciotti sees Harbaugh as the issue with the offense. There was word that Trestman was a guy Harbaugh had to be talked into hiring. There was also word that the team pushed for Harbaugh to look into Kubiak once they gained word that he might be interested. Now, there's an interesting dynamic here, and it's based around control. Cam Cameron and John Harbaugh had a personal relationship. With personal relationship comes trust. Thus, he trusted Cameron more. Which is why Cameron basically had complete control over the offense. Jim Caldwell was never given that. Castillo was not brought in by Caldwell. He was brought in by Harbaugh. Trestman was never given full control over the offense. He was never allowed to bring in his own coaching staff and run his own system from the jump. Kubiak only came, because he was given that power, and extended an olive branch for Castillo, because they're both zone blocking guys, although they are of two different styles of it. Kubiak was given the power to streamline the approach and Castillo was forced to coach it that way. I think there's been too many issues with the coaching on that side of the ball to expect anything different going forward. That's what I think Bisciotti is really thinking over.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    what do you expect from a qb coming back from major reconstructive knee surgery who had two rookie lineman protecting his blind side (who the fucks idea was that?) who's number 1 is 37 number 2(Wallace) he got next to no time with in the off season his three ( Perryman) he had zero time with. Who also seems to run the wrong routes often. His 4 (Aiken) is a udfa his tight end hasent played in two years. The running backs one is a rookie the other on his 3 re team in 3 years. Lmfao and you want to add his what 6th offense coordinator. Seriously it's no wonder with fans like this Eddie Murray couldn't get out of town fast enough back in the day
    The Sword approves.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    He's baaaaaack....

Just did my final calculation. Disturbing on 49 different levels. Was at 57, but then I remembered my high school days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Sooooooo.......I'd really like to know what freakin' websites Cincy is perusing to come up with a picture like that?
    That pic is seriously disturbing in to many ways.
    HaHa! I had Hannity's show on radio and Mark Simone was filling in. He was talking about Snopes and said check out my Twitter pic about them. This was in the first reply not 5 min. before Ex's post. It fit so well. :)

https://twitter.com/MarkSimoneNY/sta...13776949166086
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think that overall Steve Bisciotti does value stability. He gave Brian Billick years after he took over complete control of the team, before firing him and John Harbaugh has been here going on 9 once the season is over. So I don't think that making a move this off-season automatically makes the Ravens, the Browns or Washington. You can point to teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay and New England, but none of them have recently gone 3 out of 4 seasons missing the playoffs. Not only do I question whether or not Steve Bisciotti will change his mind, I actually question whether or not John Harbaugh would want to play a lame duck season. I don't have anything concrete to base that on. My heart tells me that a change is needed and that I'll wish Harbaugh well wherever he goes, whether that's in the college or Pro ranks. My gut is torn. I wouldn't be surprised if he were back or if he were fired.

I think that Bisciotti sees Harbaugh as the issue with the offense. There was word that Trestman was a guy Harbaugh had to be talked into hiring. There was also word that the team pushed for Harbaugh to look into Kubiak once they gained word that he might be interested. Now, there's an interesting dynamic here, and it's based around control. Cam Cameron and John Harbaugh had a personal relationship. With personal relationship comes trust. Thus, he trusted Cameron more. Which is why Cameron basically had complete control over the offense. Jim Caldwell was never given that. Castillo was not brought in by Caldwell. He was brought in by Harbaugh. Trestman was never given full control over the offense. He was never allowed to bring in his own coaching staff and run his own system from the jump. Kubiak only came, because he was given that power, and extended an olive branch for Castillo, because they're both zone blocking guys, although they are of two different styles of it. Kubiak was given the power to streamline the approach and Castillo was forced to coach it that way. I think there's been too many issues with the coaching on that side of the ball to expect anything different going forward. That's what I think Bisciotti is really thinking over.
    I will ask what I always ask when these discussions come up...Who do they hire?

Who's the hot coach out there right now that you believe is demonstrably better than what John has proven to be the past 9 seasons? I think a lot of us undervalue the stability and trust that exists between ownership, the FO and John as well. The ravens HC gig is kind of unique in that the HC is the front facing position for everything the team does. The owner speaks once a year. The GM maybe twice. The coach has to be ok with the fact that he has minimal control over personnel decisions. He has to be onboard with delivering the team's message, even when he doesn't agree with it(RR for example). He has to be able to handle a lot more than just the Xs and Os on game day. A lot of folks will dismiss it, but Kubiak gives John a lot of credit for helping him to be a better coach. If you have the time, take a minute to read this article from the Denver Post that was written before the start of last season.

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/09/10...om-the-ravens/

Here's a good snippet:

"One of wisest decisions John Elway ever made as an NFL executive was to wait until 2015 before bringing Gary Kubiak back to Broncos. After a lifetime in football, Kubiak grew by leaps and bounds as a leader in his 54th year on earth, taking a season to apprentice under the most under-rated coach in the league: John Harbaugh of Baltimore."

"The Ravens have one of the strongest brands in football. They’re fearless. They’re relentlessly competitive. And they win.

Baltimore is also the team Denver wants to be when this organization built by Elway grows up. Not the Patriots. The Ravens."

It's interesting to hear the fans out here and their comments and complaints. Elway built the defense first with consistent strong drafts. Augmented it with a run game and offensive talent from other teams. Got the right coach in place and won it all. Did not invest in a QB following that Sb win. Has a blind spot for OLine talent and development. Is now in danger of wasting a great defense because the offense can't get their shit together. People here have been calling for the OLine coach's head since last season, lol. Sorry, I have digressed, before I go further off on a tangent, back to the question:

Who do we replace Harbaugh and staff with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

Who's the hot coach out there right now that you believe is demonstrably better than what John has proven to be the past 9 seasons? I think a lot of us undervalue the stability and trust that exists between ownership, the FO and John as well. The ravens HC gig is kind of unique in that the HC is the front facing position for everything the team does. The owner speaks once a year. The GM maybe twice. The coach has to be ok with the fact that he has minimal control over personnel decisions. He has to be onboard with delivering the team's message, even when he doesn't agree with it(RR for example). He has to be able to handle a lot more than just the Xs and Os on game day. A lot of folks will dismiss it, but Kubiak gives John a lot of credit for helping him to be a better coach. If you have the time, take a minute to read this article from the Denver Post that was written before the start of last season.

Here's a good snippet:

"One of wisest decisions John Elway ever made as an NFL executive was to wait until 2015 before bringing Gary Kubiak back to Broncos. After a lifetime in football, Kubiak grew by leaps and bounds as a leader in his 54th year on earth, taking a season to apprentice under the most under-rated coach in the league: John Harbaugh of Baltimore."

"The Ravens have one of the strongest brands in football. They’re fearless. They’re relentlessly competitive. And they win.

Baltimore is also the team Denver wants to be when this organization built by Elway grows up. Not the Patriots. The Ravens."

It's interesting to hear the fans out here and their comments and complaints. Elway built the defense first with consistent strong drafts. Augmented it with a run game and offensive talent from other teams. Got the right coach in place and won it all. Did not invest in a QB following that Sb win. Has a blind spot for OLine talent and development. Is now in danger of wasting a great defense because the offense can't get their shit together. People here have been calling for the OLine coach's head since last season, lol. Sorry, I have digressed, before I go further off on a tangent, back to the question:

Kyle Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Kyle Shanahan
    Ok, let's roll with it. I like the looks of his offense, especially with Julio Jones in it. Not sure about his ability to lead mean and run an organization. But if we want the offense fixed, I can see him as a viable option.

"On January 11, 2008, he was officially promoted, becoming the youngest coordinator in the NFL, being more than three years younger than Josh McDaniels of the New England Patriots. In 2010, Shanahan left the Texans to join his father with the Washington Redskins. The Redskins' performance during his tenure led some to question whether Shanahan's hiring was an example of unearned nepotism.[6] In 2012, Shanahan was fined $25,000 for insulting the replacement officials and confronting one after a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.[7] On December 30, 2013, he, along with his father, was fired from the Redskins.

On February 1, 2014 it was reported by media outlets that Shanahan was hired as offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns.[8] On January 8, 2015, Shanahan resigned from his offensive coordinator position after disagreeing with the front office's mandate that rookie QB Johnny Manziel start.[9]

Shanahan is now the offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons."

Who else?

Blog Entries

Here's a good snippet:

Personally, I would choose between the Shanahans. Norv would be an option, but I would like Norv more as an OC than a Head Coach. I'm still not sure about McDaniels.

Going forward, I think this team will have more success building a high-powered offense around the arm of Joe Flacco, with the defense complimenting the offense, compared to having a strong defense that stands strong until the end of the game and a middle of the pack offense, which is the way Harbaugh wants to win (Save the late game defensive issues over the years and the struggles of the offense earlier in the year. You build around your strengths. Joe Flacco is that strength. As of right now, Joe is only a few weeks removed from being one year removed from an ACL/MCL injury and is still playing with a brace. Yet, the offensive production has still improved over the past few weeks, compared to earlier in the season. What people fail to understand is that this offense doesn't have anybody making a play where there isn't one. It's "Joe Flacco play perfect or bust", most games, except the occasional one where they can 'dominate' with the run, which has only happened, what, a handful of times since 2009 even. If Joe Flacco is making every right decision and making every great throw, these WRs are not doing anything to make up the difference. So, when people get on Flacco's back for mistakes that he makes, I understand it to a degree, but it's like they forget that the only reason this offense even accomplishes what it does it, because of Flacco. You can talk about Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees and Rodgers all you want, NONE of them have dealt with the offensive instability that Flacco has. Yet, when healthy, he is still a top 10 QB.

The Shanahan's are known for their zone blocking scheme and getting the most out of their Linemen and backs. However, they both also know how to showcase a QB if they have one. If Kyle Shanahan can do what he's doing with Matt Ryan in Atlanta, imagine what he could do in Baltimore with Joe Flacco, and say, a Nick Mangold at Center rather than Alex Mack, and one, just ONE #1 WR.

The way John Harbaugh wants to win games is not conducive to maximizing the strengths of the team. The only year that this team even sniffed the Super Bowl in spite of Flacco, was his rookie season. After that, the only time they've ever even sniffed the Super Bowl, is because Flacco played out of his mind. So why not give him more to work with so that he can do that more and more.

Blog Entries

Ok, let's roll with it. I like the looks of his offense, especially with Julio Jones in it. Not sure about his ability to lead mean and run an organization. But if we want the offense fixed, I can see him as a viable option.

"On January 11, 2008, he was officially promoted, becoming the youngest coordinator in the NFL, being more than three years younger than Josh McDaniels of the New England Patriots. In 2010, Shanahan left the Texans to join his father with the Washington Redskins. The Redskins' performance during his tenure led some to question whether Shanahan's hiring was an example of unearned nepotism.[6] In 2012, Shanahan was fined $25,000 for insulting the replacement officials and confronting one after a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.[7] On December 30, 2013, he, along with his father, was fired from the Redskins.

On February 1, 2014 it was reported by media outlets that Shanahan was hired as offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns.[8] On January 8, 2015, Shanahan resigned from his offensive coordinator position after disagreeing with the front office's mandate that rookie QB Johnny Manziel start.[9]

Shanahan is now the offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons."

Who else?
    I don't see why he would need to name anyone else. You asked for a name and it was given. Now, another one must be given? From your own quotes, he disagreed with the idea that Manziel should start. He was right. A bit of other information rather well known out there, Shanahan never wanted Griffin. Snyder did. That's why Mike Shanahan drafted Cousins later in that draft, because that's who he wanted. We saw the issues with Griffin unfold. Now Kyle is with a QB that has some sense, and it's clicking. Ryan is producing better than he ever has. I've never seen Ryan play as well on the road as he has in some games this year. Not saying that it's been every game, but before Kyle came along, it was NO game.

Just kidding my friend. I had to do it though.
    Did you drop acid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Did you drop acid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, but I think the guy in the pic did.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

HaHa! I had Hannity's show on radio and Mark Simone was filling in. He was talking about Snopes and said check out my Twitter pic about them. This was in the first reply not 5 min. before Ex's post. It fit so well. :)

https://twitter.com/MarkSimoneNY/sta...13776949166086
    cc you dont have to explain anything, we love you either way