Mike Pereira examines "The Field Goal"

If anyone still has enough stomach for more review here is a link to the Pereira's examination.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8046883d

still no good....

Re: Mike Pereira examines "The Field Goal"

The NFL could have not handled this call any more POORLY than what they did on Sunday. Bottom Line -- It was ruled-NO Good. The players ran off the field, were half undressed in the shower; then they have to go out and play again. I totally agree with Ray Lewis (what he said on his radio show), that it was ruled no good; then the NFL can send a letter. The officials should not be allowed to take 5 minutes of time after the game is over to decide a call; right or wrong. In addition, half our fans were already out of the stadium. Bad NFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    The NFL could have not handled this call any more POORLY than what they did on Sunday. Bottom Line -- It was ruled-NO Good. The players ran off the field, were half undressed in the shower; then they have to go out and play again. I totally agree with Ray Lewis (what he said on his radio show), that it was ruled no good; then the NFL can send a letter. The officials should not be allowed to take 5 minutes of time after the game is over to decide a call; right or wrong. In addition, half our fans were already out of the stadium. Bad NFL!!!
    Like it or not, it was the right call.

100 times out of 100, I'd rather the refs get it right than get it wrong, regardless of the team it happens to benefit.

No game is over until the head ref waves his arms and them sticks them straight out to his side, indicating the time has expired. That never happened. Any play can be conferred upon by the reffing team, even the last one of the game.

I feel you on this one; it's a bitter pill for sure. I was one of the many who rolled out after it was called no good. But in the end and after all our complaining, we have to swallow the fact they got it right.

I don't like winning games on blown calls anymore than I hate losing them on blown calls.

They got the call right...although yes, procedure was broken...hopefully this will never happen again.

The season is lost...at this point, although I watch the games to see them win, losing isn't shocking or even unexpected anymore and I moved on a long time ago.

The league should allow field goals to be reviewable next year. What a stupid rule.

Thing is they can make FGs reviewable after this season and probably will. But let's be honest, this will probably never happen again in another forty or fifty years. It's a moot point on an absolute freak occurance.

It happend the same night when a ball hit a camera!!!!

It was a 'good' FG - after that all bad.

Did we need the win? We ain't going anywhere this season.

Charley Casserly was on CBS' pre-game yesterday and made mention that the proposal for Instant Reply was already submitted (by The Ravens, I assume) and will be discussed at the next competition committee meeting.

9. Re: Mike Pereira examines "The Field Goal"

I am so glad they made the right call on the field goal, but the problem I have with the officials is the ref shouldn't have made the initial call over the loud speaker that the field goal was no good ...He should've called a conference with the two goal judges, since there was some questioning by one of them and then made the call without allowing the teams to leave the field That was totally wrong