Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Merriman on the Juice!

One scary thought is it has been widely reported how Ray Lewis has taken Merriman under his wing and has been a real mentor to him. I don't believe Lewis is on the juice, but I can't say it the thought hasn't now crossed my mind.

I would never believe Lewis was juiced. He has not bulked up, in fact, I think he keeps looking a bit smaller each year.

San Diego has that other kid, Castillo, who admitted to taking steriods after he was caught. He said he did it to move up in last years draft, then promised he would give back all the signing bonus money if he ever turned up dirty. Maybe they should test him now. Maybe he helped Merriman? Merriman is still wrong, & was always a beast, he doesn't need this stuff to play. What a waste & a shame.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    One scary thought is it has been widely reported how Ray Lewis has taken Merriman under his wing and has been a real mentor to him. I don't believe Lewis is on the juice, but I can't say it the thought hasn't now crossed my mind.
    Since when has Ray "taken him under his wing???" They talk on the phone every once in a while that is it.And Ray didnt gain 30 pounds in a short period like Merriman did coming out iof college,as a matter of fact he was "undersized" and many didnt think he had the size to make it in the NFL.

Its ridiculous to even throw that out there,does ken Griffey Jr take roids because he is friens with Bonds and they talk sometimes??Ray has been the same exact size for about 11 years now,so show me one shred of evidence to back up what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Since when has Ray "taken him under his wing???" They talk on the phone every once in a while that is it.And Ray didnt gain 30 pounds in a short period like Merriman did coming out iof college,as a matter of fact he was "undersized" and many didnt think he had the size to make it in the NFL.

Its ridiculous to even throw that out there,does ken Griffey Jr take roids because he is friens with Bonds and they talk sometimes??Ray has been the same exact size for about 11 years now,so show me one shred of evidence to back up what you say.
    One shred of proof of what, that they are friends or that I don't think Lewis is on steroids. Maybe you have heard differently, but I have heard on many occasions that he and Lewis were close and became much closer when he was preparing for the draft.

You are right though, I should not have posted this, since we were talking about the MD program and other players the thought hit me and I thought Iwould share it.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

So Merriman was juiced up and still couldn't stop Heap getting in the endzone.
    Shawne,all my respect for you just went down the crapper.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

The more I think about it you need to be a complete fool to get caught under the current system,if it was for elevated testostorone levels which is the most common result from using steroids and how a lot get caught.

The NFL allows for levels of test to ALREADY be 2-3x what a normal human has in his body,vs. whats called "epitestostorone" I think a normal healthy male's ratios fall between 1:1 and 2:1,and the NFl allows a level of 4:1 if I am not mistaken.All you have to do isa monitor your levels through regular blood work and make sure you dont go over 4 and you are "technically" within the rules.

This is the flaw in the system that I think SI did a piece on and one of the major loopholes in the testing.

Im just waiting for the "I had no idea how that substance got into me" "The test must have been done wrong" or 'there is a perfect explanation for all this but due to legal reasons I cant talk about it."

Im just waiting for the "I had no idea how that substance got into me" "The test must have been done wrong" or 'there is a perfect explanation for all this but due to legal reasons I cant talk about it."
    I hear Merriman just hired a representative for his upcoming appeal:

Now you have to wonder if his UMD buddy Vernon Davis is on the juice also. This could really set the UMD football program back for a while.
    Vernon Davis' personality is absolutely nothing like Merriman. Davis is a perfect player both on the field and off the field, raised by his grandmother with real old school values and such. Despite his freakishness, I would be absolutely shocked if Davis were juicing.

Of course, I might just be naive. I never thought Palmeiro had juiced, either.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Why is it everytime someone tests positive for roids people have to start throwing accusaitons and looking at every player associated with that player with suspicion? Gee, maybe Drew Brees juiced. After all he got good really fast after sucking for so long. How about LT? A player that good has to be juicing. In fact, I heard that Adalius Thomas once talked to Merriman on the phone. Better test him. :grbac:

losac,

Considering that Davis and Merriman went to UMD together and both put on some significant size between the college season and the NFL combine, I wouldnt say its that far fetched.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by edreedisgod20 View Post
    Vernon Davis' personality is absolutely nothing like Merriman. Davis is a perfect player both on the field and off the field, raised by his grandmother with real old school values and such. Despite his freakishness, I would be absolutely shocked if Davis were juicing.

Of course, I might just be naive. I never thought Palmeiro had juiced, either.
    You can kind of see how these guys would want to use steroids. I would imagine things like THG are more safe than the old school shoot em in the ass anabolic steroids. Given the money and fame that comes with being good in the NFL I can totally see how they fall into the trap.