Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Priest Holmes retires.

Another ex Raven from the Super Bowl team retires.

Good luck dude!

CHICAGO, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Three-time Pro Bowl running back Priest Holmes of the Kansas City Chiefs ended his remarkable comeback by announcing his retirement from the National Football League Wednesday.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breaking...094670,00.html
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Priest Holmes retires.

I give major props to Priest for coming back after almost two seasons without playing at all, due to his original neck injury sufferred in 2005. Show of hands, how many people thought he'd try to come back at all?

Congrats on a great career, especially for an undrafted FA. And enjoy that Super Bowl ring.

Class act and NEEDS to be put in the Ring of Honor (is he already there?) post haste!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We can't put every Raven who was a great guy in the ROH.

Priest is definitely a class act. I got his autograph at an Inner Harbor rally during our Super Bowl run and he thanked me for asking for his autograph.

God bless him and wish him well on his future, whatever it may hold. (RB coach somewhere?)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I remember you posting in another thread that the Ring is not the "Ring of Guys We Really Liked". That made me chuckle, because you're right.

While Priest is a class act, and performed well as a Raven, I don't think he belongs in the Ring. What I will say is that maybe we shouldn't have drafted Jamal in the first place and let Priest be the featured back. Once they let him run instead of "Six-Pound" Bam Morris, he was great.

Huh? He has more TD's, about as many yards and one more pro bowl then Byner. Not to mention, a very pretty Super Bowl ring. If Byner qualifies, so does Holmes easily.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Byner doesn't qualify. He is up there but he shouldn't be. If we go by your standard we could fill the ring up in 20 minutes.

Byner doesn't qualify. He is up there but he shouldn't be. If we go by your standard we could fill the ring up in 20 minutes.
    Again ... huh? :insane:

We've had exactly one RB better than Holmes and Byner .... his name is Jamal Lewis and he deserves it as well. And your "20 minute" statement is a non sequitur, having no facts behind it. We havnt had an offense good enough to meet your standard! We set the RB standard with Byner, someone with very respectable stats and did a lot of volunteer work outside of football.

Not to mention his foundation that was a God send for inner-city kids who wanted to play football.

ROH for Holmes is a no-brainer.

Then while we're at it, how about Errict Rhett?

Seriously, Priest was a great back for us, but doesn't rate the Ring. If you put Priest in there, then Vinny and Michael Jackson would be right behind them.

jmho.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Then while we're at it, how about Errict Rhett?

Seriously, Priest was a great back for us, but doesn't rate the Ring. If you put Priest in there, then Vinny and Michael Jackson would be right behind them.

jmho.
    Are you kidding me???? Rhett played two years and doesnt even come close to Byners of Holmes.

Byner set the standard for Ravens RB's and Holmes has better stats than Byner. If Byner is in with his stats and accolades, then Byner with the better stats and work for the Baltimore community deserves it was well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh? He has more TD's, about as many yards and one more pro bowl then Byner. Not to mention, a very pretty Super Bowl ring. If Byner qualifies, so does Holmes easily.
    I think everyone agrees that Byner shouldn't be there.

Byner should in no way be used as a measuring stick for other possible inductees. The reason he is in is because of one man; Art Modell.

Holmes was a nice player but in no way deserves to get into the Ring of Honor IMO.

He played 3 seasons here, rushed for 2102 yds and 10 TDs.

PP