Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT. Health Nuts/Workout thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That is why I say it's personal journey everyone goal is different what work for some won't work for others you have to find what works and it takes a lot of trial and error but diet, watching what you eat and eating right goes a looooonngg ways to making your gym life easier. Creating the body you want is 70% eating and 30% working. Think of the gym as the polish to your body and eating right is the main course.
    I can count how many guys had to take a glob of supplements and go crazy in the gym to look the way that I looked before my incident back in February (Haven't been able to really workout since), to look the way I looked while I didn't have to work nearly as hard in the gym. My diet was just better. Far more efficient.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Like right now as we speak I'm back in the gym doing my 2nd round of cardio I almost didn't come back here either but if you want to achieve your goal you gotta tell yourself FUCK YOUR COMFORT ZONE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I can count how many guys had to take a glob of supplements and go crazy in the gym to look the way that I looked before my incident back in February (Haven't been able to really workout since), to look the way I looked while I didn't have to work nearly as hard in the gym. My diet was just better. Far more efficient.
    Exactly the eating right part is thee hardest part

Blog Entries

Btw dafuq is crossfit??

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    :word

I only use natural protein powder. That's it.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Btw dafuq is crossfit??
    American Ninja Warrior for the regular guy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    American Ninja Warrior for the regular guy?
    As a man who lifts heavy shit and grunts I know nothing of this crossfit

At 6'1 and 240 I felt fat and had no energy. Walking up the stairs at M&T was a chore.

Changed for the most part my diet (it's a lifelong program)...always oatmeal and banana for breakfast, salads and fruit for lunch and a sensible dinner low in heavy carbs. No sodas, almost no bread, processed sugar bye-bye. Lots of fruit and vegetables and oh, fats are OK. Nuts, butter, etc. I'm a big believer in cholesterol not being a villain, but sugar spikes due to processed sugars are a killer to your heart and arteries.

Also did cardio 7 days a week for a year. Started with a NordicTrak ski machine, got about 40 pounds off and switched to treadmill as that was needed to maintain a higher heart rate. Now I work out 4 days/week, with cardio runs of 30-45 minutes at 6.5mph, and throw in a heavy interval 5K run and a mile speed test once per week. Add pushups and situps and light dumbbell work. So I'm maintaining 193 pounds and feel good.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Arrow Re: OT. Health Nuts/Workout thread

One key thing we all know is that you can't train genetics.. some guys just have that natural physique they workout for 3 mos and they are ripped as shit. So always be comfortable in your own skin.

Blog Entries

Like Bc 60yrs old with abs smh damn genetics... smh I got all the Chinese genetics fml

I've gotten into a consistent 5 day workout, so I thought I'd throw it out. I'd love to hear from you guys on feedback, anythign maybe I'm missing or share your own.

Monday:Quads, calves and core
    Long ass stretch with some auxillary hip workouts to open up my hip flexors
    Back Squats: 5x5
    Calf raises (Weighted on a smith machine): 5x25
    Leg Press (Mostly to do burners): 3x15 with a couple plates

Core workouts; Differnet everyday, do a lot of HIIT stuff with this (incorporate burpees, box jumps, etc.)

The key for Monday is squats, I do 2-3 warm up sets and then go right into my 5x5.

Tuesday:Chest and Tri's
    dumbbell Bench Press 5x5 (same approach as squats)
    Skull crushers 10x3
    Incline flies 10x3
    Rope cable tri-pulldowns double set: 5 reps on a heavy weight followed by 10 on a lighter weight x 3
    Incline bench 10x3 (dumbbells - about 20 pounds lighter than you use on the bench)
    Close grip bench (with tris) 10x3
    Last set: cable flies + push ups till failure x 3

Wednesday: Back and shoulders
    Shrugs 5x5
    Dumbbell rows 10, 8, 6, 10 pyramid
    Close grip pull downs (lats) 10x3
    Superset: side shoulder flies + upright row 10x3
    Reverse group barbell row 5x5
    Superset: front shoulder flies + sitting/leaning forward back rows 10 x 3
    Superset: cable rows + wide grip pull downs 10 x3

Friday: Deadlifts + Biceps
    Deads 5x5 (same approach as squats and bench)
    bicep work, whatveer I feel like

On Thursdays and Saturdays I go and do a HIIT and finish with 30 minutes on the heavy bag. Sunday is for resting. I run on Tuesdays sometimes too if my legs aren't too sore.

It's been an effective strategy, but I'm gonna be switching to strictly 5x5 type workouts and going for a winter bulk up to build mass before cutting with hypertrophy lifts in the spring.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    At 6'1 and 240 I felt fat and had no energy. Walking up the stairs at M&T was a chore.

Changed for the most part my diet (it's a lifelong program)...always oatmeal and banana for breakfast, salads and fruit for lunch and a sensible dinner low in heavy carbs. No sodas, almost no bread, processed sugar bye-bye. Lots of fruit and vegetables and oh, fats are OK. Nuts, butter, etc. I'm a big believer in cholesterol not being a villain, but sugar spikes due to processed sugars are a killer to your heart and arteries.

Also did cardio 7 days a week for a year. Started with a NordicTrak ski machine, got about 40 pounds off and switched to treadmill as that was needed to maintain a higher heart rate. Now I work out 4 days/week, with cardio runs of 30-45 minutes at 6.5mph, and throw in a heavy interval 5K run and a mile speed test once per week. Add pushups and situps and light dumbbell work. So I'm maintaining 193 pounds and feel good.
    That cardio is where it's at man I just do the elliptical on a high level for 30mins a day I think that has helped a lot in terms of keeping my metabolism high. Paired with boxing on Saturdays.