Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rolle reveals illness...

It was just reported on the Rob Long show that the illness that has sidelined Samari Rolle off and on this season is epilepsy.
    Rolle also is saying he wants to get back onto the field.
    I'm no expert, but I'm fairly sure thats a good possibility in the future as Rolle and his medical team figure out how to control it as much as possible.
    I'm sure I speak for all here when I say "Good luck Rolle and get well soon."
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: Rolle reveals illness...

Epilepsy? That surprises me -- it's not as if there aren't meds for that, but I guess the reports that he was having a bad reaction to them is true.

I forgot most of what I used to know about epilepsy (my best friend had it in high school, and thankfully it just vanished as he got older), but I do believe there are multiple medications for it, so maybe this has really been a case of finding the right treatments.

I echo Mr. Boh's sentiments -- get well soon.

Blog Entries

That's what I had heard a while ago. I believe he was having seizures and the medical staff were somewhat stumped. They certainly couldn't clear him to play football.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    That's what I had heard a while ago. I believe he was having seizures and the medical staff were somewhat stumped. They certainly couldn't clear him to play football.
    Yes, same here.

Apparently the latest episode was Wednesday or Thursday night before the Steelers game.

If you remember, as of Wednesday afternoon of that week he was a go for the game.

At least this can put to an end the ridiculous speculation that went on around here and around Baltimore in general as to what he was suffering from.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Yes, same here.

Apparently the latest episode was Wednesday or Thursday night before the Steelers game.

If you remember, as of Wednesday afternoon of that week he was a go for the game.

At least this can put to an end the ridiculous speculation that went on around here and around Baltimore in general as to what he was suffering from.

PP
    Amen to that. Let's hope they can figure it out.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Interesting thing is, there is an article in the new Sporting News about Alan Faneca having epilepsy. He's had it for a long time, since high school, and has had a pretty good career with it. Hopefully Rolle can come back and play a while longer.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

According to the Sun, Rolle practiced with the first team defense today, so that's a good sign. I'll echo the sentiments as well that Samari can overcome this and extend his career for a few more years.

According to the text message I got from WNST Rolle will play this Sunday. Does anyone know what type of Epilepsy Rolle has?

I agree with PP that it puts an end to what some posters speculated what it was that kept sidelining Samari.

I do hope that they figure out the correct medication for him and he's able to continue his career, and live a full and happy life.

That's what we all want for ourselves, correct?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    I agree with PP that it puts an end to what some posters speculated what it was that kept sidelining Samari.

I do hope that they figure out the correct medication for him and he's able to continue his career, and live a full and happy life.

That's what we all want for ourselves, correct?
    Agreed .... and to those who decided to let the rumors fly (coughyeahravenscough), I think you need to man up and admit you're misgivings.

God, those were dark days on this site. And there was more than one 'expert' here, too.

:grbac:
    Good luck Samari. :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Sentiment echoed. Rolle gets an instant pass from me for missing the time he did. I hope he gets well, and if he can play at a professional level, then I think that's great.

There are other players, including the NFL, who played after having medical issues and life-changing things.