Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going foward what do you guys want to happen in the AFCW. The West.

What would you like to see in the AFCW and why?

I know, once again, there will be the obligatory "Lets get past the Boston Craft Brews first" etc. But just pull away from it all, and tell us how you would like the AFCW to turn out.

Just speaking of our out of division NE rivals. With some of the recent injuries, I heard a Pats fan state that 'I think we have an "East-West Pop Gun" offense right now'. I thought the comment to be intriguing. Man, no wonder how the mind bending NFL season is so delicious. 16 games, mini-seasons within quarter seasons within half seasons etc. A couple great team wins clouded by a key injury or two. Injuries, I hate them, but its as much a part of this game as Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and penalties.

I used to be with the group that was lamenting on what was happening to our hard hitting, outlaw, nasty gladiator game. But for real, with all the year round training, nutrition, size, and speed......I get it now. We already watch 3/4 teams fight their way into playoffs. Enough already. I'm in. There are at least a few amazing hits every game to satisfy some of the most blood thirsty of fans.
    Last edited by alienstar; 12-05-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Re: Going foward what do you guys want to happen in the AFCW. The West.

I think the Chiefs will win their division, with the Raiders taking a wildcard spot. The Chiefs have already beaten the Broncos and Raiders on the road, and they host their next three games.

But what I want is for the Chiefs and Steelers to be the wild card team. I want the playoffs to be a revenge tour: knock Pittsburgh out in the first round, get revenge on Oakland in the divisional round, and then finally slay New England in the championship game. After that, we embarrass the hot upstart team - the Cowboys - just like we did in our previous super bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think the Chiefs will win their division, with the Raiders taking a wildcard spot. The Chiefs have already beaten the Broncos and Raiders on the road, and they host their next three games.

But what I want is for the Chiefs and Steelers to be the wild card team. I want the playoffs to be a revenge tour: knock Pittsburgh out in the first round, get revenge on Oakland in the divisional round, and then finally slay New England in the championship game. After that, we embarrass the hot upstart team - the Cowboys - just like we did in our previous super bowl
    Nice. A very integrated thoughtful take. Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for.

Given the Ravens are able to get in, is there any reasonable scenario that the Ravens would have to play at Mile High. This is a situation I want to avoid. Just guts. I don't fear teams necessarily, I just don't think back to back playoffs in Denver seem favorable in any way. Just don't like it. Maybe next season or another, just not right now.

I'll play the Chiefs or Raiders anywhere. And odd as it sounds, I'm glad it wouldn't be the Chargers. Gosh, they may be fodder for some franchises, its always so dicey with that group.

And while my mind is logical enough to know each season presents a different team of all 32, there just some times are things that support tradition rather than logic. Like for example, I'm more comfortable with Ravens/Patriot matchups than a handful of others.
    Last edited by alienstar; 12-05-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Ideally, I would want Oakland to win the division, because if the Ravens fail to win the division, they'll have a better chance of getting a wild card spot against the Chiefs and Broncos than the Raiders.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I said this last week, but as far as who I want the Ravens to play if they make the playoffs, it's KC or Denver. Both have good defenses, but their offenses are not scoring against our defense in Baltimore.

IIRC from the other thread a lot of people wanted to play Oakland and I just don't see that as a good idea. That offense is for real, Derek Carr has moxie and a swagger about him that makes me think he's going to do fine in the playoffs (i.e. he's not going to wilt under the pressure), and while their defense is not good overall, their edge rushers are. Granted, there is something to be said for playing a team with close to no playoff experience in their first playoff game, but I think I'd prefer one of the other two.

Blog Entries

I think the Chiefs may be the best team in the AFC and the Raiders still have to play there. But if they win out, they'll have home field, not NE.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-finish-14-2/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I know this goes without saying but man I just want to win the division one because winning the division is wonderful and I feel we
    can beat any team that comes to the bank and 2 it means the steelers are watching from home

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

The Chiefs look scary right now but I just don't trust Reid and Smith in January. But then I look at the Raiders and that's a team built on house of cards if there was ever one. They've got to be the most flimsy 10-2 team Ive ever seen. The D is terrible and it seems they've always got to pull rabbits out their hat at the end vs medicore teams to boot. I bet anything theyre one and done in the playoffs.

We haven't heard much about them lately but the team that still scares me most in that division is none other than the SB champs. That D isn't quite on last years level but theyre still stingy as hell. And Simien had been coming around until he got hurt although Id bet Kube can plug Lynch in there and they wouldnt skip a beat. Id definintely like to avoid them at all costs.

So I guess all that's to say Id like to see whatever scenario ensures that we would see either the Chiefs or especially the Raiders at some point in the playoffs (if we get there)... that's who I want to see win that division.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd prefer Oakland be the wildcard and us host them if we win the division.
    Yeah, I know....the high flying offense, etc. etc.
    I really don't trust our defense yet. (say what you want but 12 games isn't going to completely sway me from 5 years yet)

If I have to face that offense I just assume have to do it here on a field we already see teams complaining about the footing.
    I'd just assume have to see a West coast team have to travel and adjust to the time change.
    I'd just assume have to see a warmer weather high flying offense have to do it here in what would hopefully be a cold winter type day in January potentially causing some problems for them.

Ii think our defense has definitely gotten better since we last played them and we should have won the game earlier in the year.

As has been said the KC and Denver defenses are for real but their offenses aren't exactly world beaters.
    We have shown we aren't afraid to go to either facility and play with a playoff experienced QB in both places.
    I'll take my chances with what hopefully is a better offense then either KC or Denver on the road in environments that won't affect us too much rather then give an Oakland offense that type of advantage they thrive on at home.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I want the Ravens to play The Raiders here. I want their fans to come here all cocky and walking around like they own the place, like they did in week 4, in all that stupid Raiders gear. I want them to have to walk out of that stadium, in those outfits and be ridiculed like they were ridiculing us that day. I want that taste in their mouths for the off season.

Stupid Raiders Fan.jpg

I don't like our OL (as we know it today) vs. DEN or KCC's rush; and both of these squads have good secondaries as well.
    Gimme OAK at home or on the road.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver