Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The AFC North is Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    This is the exact statement I would have expected from Steelerhater. It gets a little old, just the obvious play. I think you could be a much more valued member, we need some behind enemy lines type of voice that is interested in being on RSR. You've been here a long time, nothing bad will come of it. It's to predictable at this point, prefer to hear what you really want to say I'm full.
    What?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

PFF lowest 3 QB ratings for the week were 2 Browns QBs and Andy Dalton.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Unfortunately, the steelers have an easier schedule the rest of the way, so the division will be theirs for the taking.

at Colts
    Giants
    at Bills
    at Bengals
    Ravens
    at Browns

Bengals
    Dolphins
    at Pats
    Eagles
    at Steelers
    at Bengals

The way I see it the Steelers have a slightly tougher schedule. The Colts(with Luck) and Giants can score a lot. The Bills and Ravens play very good to great defense and the Ravens have the Steelers number(9 out of the last 12). Even The Bengals who will be playing for pride will get up for the Steelers whom they hate.

The Ravens play ordinary Dolphins and Eagles teams along with two against Cincy who's owned them but will be without key weapons on Sunday and will be more concerned about starting the off season the last game of the year. The Ravens have the Steelers number and even though the Pats game appears to be unwinnable they have historically played the Pats tougher than anyone else.

Regurgitating the national media's self serving opinion is one thing but you have to really look at the schedule to truly see what's winnable and what's daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    at Colts
    Giants
    at Bills
    at Bengals
    Ravens
    at Browns

Bengals
    Dolphins
    at Pats
    Eagles
    at Steelers
    at Bengals

The way I see it the Steelers have a slightly tougher schedule. The Colts(with Luck) and Giants can score a lot. The Bills and Ravens play very good to great defense and the Ravens have the Steelers number(9 out of the last 12). Even The Bengals who will be playing for pride will get up for the Steelers whom they hate.

The Ravens play ordinary Dolphins and Eagles teams along with two against Cincy who's owned them but will be without key weapons on Sunday and will be more concerned about starting the off season the last game of the year. The Ravens have the Steelers number and even though the Pats game appears to be unwinnable they have historically played the Pats tougher than anyone else.

Regurgitating the national media's self serving opinion is one thing but you have to really look at the schedule to truly see what's winnable and what's daunting.
    But with Green out for Cincy and Luck out for Indy, their only real tough road game (if you want to call it that) is at Buffalo. We have the Pats and Steelers on the road. If Green is out for the year, the last game at Cincy is winnable. Keep in mind, we lost to the Jets, so we can't take any game for granted.

Blog Entries

From my favorite local writer, Paul Daugherty. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...1/22/94274612/

Mike Nugent lives. MLewis kept his errant kicker (he’s not errant, Doc, his kicks are) rather than sign a free agent. I’m OK with that on a couple levels. One, as PDJ’s story in this AM’s TM points out, he’s still more accurate than anyone they’d have chosen to replace him.

Also, we forget that the XP isn’t a chippie anymore. It’s 33 yards. Kickers missed 12 of ‘em just on Sunday. Missing was the reason the league pushed back the distance. Missing was the point of the change. The league wants that element of unknown, wants more teams to go for 2. The XP isn’t supposed to be automatic anymore. We can’t look at a miss the same as we used to.

(That said, if you’ve ever stood on a football field at the 23-yard line, it’s amazing how short a kick 33 yards is. It looks a lot longer through the wide-angle lens of television.)

Loyalty matters when it’s not misplaced. This time, it wasn’t.

ELEVATION TIME? This Sunday at B-more is one of those games when the good QBs overcome the obstacles and become the big reason their team wins. Dalton needs to be better than he usually is if the Bengals are to have a chance

Of course, he needs protection and a sharp game plan. He needs Eifert to overcome double-teams the way AJ does, and for Boyd to grow up faster than he has already. One man’s injury is another man’s opportunity.

The Ravens are average, but their defense is better than that. It’s No. 1 v the run and 7th v. the pass. With Eifert drawing double-teams and no real deep threat, Dalton is going to see a lot of people very close to his face.

The Ravens are 2-5 since opening 3-0. Their wins are against the Browns (twice), Bills, Jags and a Ben-battered Steelers. They can’t run (27th), they are worse-than-average throwing (19th, no more talk about Flacco’s elite-ness).

The Bengals have beaten them five consecutive times.

After this week, the Ravens are home w/Miami, @ New England, home v. Philly, @ Pittsburgh and @ Bengals. Hard to see them getting to nine wins, even if they do beat The Men this week.

Which they will. Beat the Men, that is. Call it 20-13. The first week after a huge injury is always the hardest for any team. The Bengals had 2 huge injuries, and weren’t that great offensively before that. It’s hard to see the Bengals O-line denying Timmy Jernigan (5 sacks) and Terrell Suggs (4).
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Even without Green, Dalton will make plays. If Jimmy Smith is active, I would favor the Ravens, if not it's a tossup. As you said, Cincy has our number the way we have Pittsburgh's number.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Bottom line...it doesn't matter which division is pathetic and which division is great. You get into the playoffs and you give yourself a chance. All you need to do is reference the the 7-9 Seahawks beating the Saints 5 or 6 years ago.

I haven't kept close tabs, so can someone explain exactly what's wrong with the Bengals? I didn't think their personnel losses were that significant. Did someone tell Dalton to play every game as if it's a playoff game?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I haven't kept close tabs, so can someone explain exactly what's wrong with the Bengals? I didn't think their personnel losses were that significant. Did someone tell Dalton to play every game as if it's a playoff game?
    Have to admit, that's pretty funny.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This division is pathetic.
    No Ex, it's strong and colorful :

where shall I make my "deposit?" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Cleveland is extra pathetic. Like when you suck at Duck Hunt and the dog laughs at you type pathetic. Any team that let's this offense score 25+ TWICE, is bad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore