Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time For McNair To Get Our Offensive Boys Together

He is the "Ray Lewis" of our offense. With all the whining and crying happening and the resulting termination of Jim Fassel, it is time for McNair to gather these guys and show leadership.

I am looking for Steve to say something like, "Okay, guys. Changes have been made. It is time to put the cork in our whine and start to produce."

By the way, it is classy for McNair and Boller to call Fassel after his firing.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Wink Re: Time For McNair To Get Our Offensive Boys Together

and start to produce
    Let's hope that he looks in the mirror when he gets to that part of the speech!

:T2:

Blog Entries

Re: Time For McNair To Get Our Offensive Boys Together

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

I SO much agree with you, Mista T.

Did the QB's call him? I hadn't heard that yet. Boller especially should. He was Kyle's personal dinner buddy for 3 years. And I think helped him invaluably, even if we haven't really seen it on the field.

Well, McNair never really whined about the offense. If anything, he did suck it up and take responsibility for his poor performances. You have to give that to him.

But he has to start producing, and he has to start NOW. This BS about him needed half the year to get into the offense is getting old. Aaron and Bruce tried to use that this morning on their show, using Jamal's quotes (not that Jamal himself doesn't need to get producing too).

I want to know why Drew Brees hasn't had any trouble acclimating to the NO offense?

How is it that Matt Lineart held out of training camp, didn't get much of any preseason work, and can step in and throw 4 touchdowns in 2 games and have an 84.6 QB rating?

Jon Kitna even has a better QB rating than McNair, and he's on arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL in the Detroit Lions.

Enough excuses. Get this offense righted!!!

Well don't worry guys, because Billick is in charge now and he fired the real reason our offense sucked, Jim Fassel. Remember how much better the offense got when we ditched Cavanaugh?

Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, McNair never really whined about the offense. If anything, he did suck it up and take responsibility for his poor performances. You have to give that to him.

But he has to start producing, and he has to start NOW. This BS about him needed half the year to get into the offense is getting old. Aaron and Bruce tried to use that this morning on their show, using Jamal's quotes (not that Jamal himself doesn't need to get producing too).

I want to know why Drew Brees hasn't had any trouble acclimating to the NO offense?

How is it that Matt Lineart held out of training camp, didn't get much of any preseason work, and can step in and throw 4 touchdowns in 2 games and have an 84.6 QB rating?

Jon Kitna even has a better QB rating than McNair, and he's on arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL in the Detroit Lions.

In terms of Leinart, he has a better OL (though not much better OL) to throw behind.

My point is that McNair was called the "Ray Lewis of the offense." He was brought here to provide leadership to these guys. You can argue that it was McNair's talent that led those two winning drives earlier in the season. Wht we need McNair to do now is to tell these to stop bitching and complaining and start producing on the field.

I don't know who called him the Ray Lewis of the offense. But he can't tell other people how to play until he stops playing at the sub-par level he has been playing at himself. Leadership starts on the field doesn't it? The last 3 to 4 games haven't looked that great. Those 2 comeback games look awful long ago when he's thrown 6 picks in 60 passes.

And what still is a mystery is where that leadership has been the last 2 years in Tennessee when the titans only won 9 games total in 2 years.

If we brought him in because of his leadership then I think its time he showed some of it before trying to convince the other players to follow. And doing it without praying the wind is strong enough to carry that field goal 52 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

RACK THAT!!!

I don't know who called him the Ray Lewis of the offense.

Actually, it was Ray Lewis who said that when McNair was acquired. He mentioned that McNair was a warrior and that it would be as having another Ray Lewis on offense. Now it is time for McNair to prove this and show some leadership.

I do remember that now. I wonder if Ray is saying to himself "What was I thinking" right about now.

I'm with you PR. I want to see it. I just wish at this moment I had some confidence in it. This offense needs to show us something.

Just to play devils advocate..

Drew Brees has a great line in front of him and the threat of Bush or Duece at any time to help him out.

John Kitna has Roy Williams on the other end of his passes and he is a freaking monster,I should know he puts up about 25 fantasy points on a regular basis for me!!!!

And Leinart..he has Boldin and LF to get it too,and even when Fitz is down that 3rd guy...cant think of his name....is good as well.