Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: #1 Defense in football means Dean Pess may be a head coach next year

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Until Pees actually puts his best CB on AJ Green and doubles him, late in the fourth quarter, he hasn't earned any get out of jail free card from me. How in the hell you lose in your own house, damn near the exact same way back to back years. You wanna talk about inexcusable, that shit was inexcusable.
    Yeah, like the Bengals let OBJ get 10 catches on 11 targets last night. Now I know how it feels.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Yeah, like the Bengals let OBJ get 10 catches on 11 targets last night. Now I know how it feels.
    Cincy, the offense finally gets the lead in the fourth off of a big play, and this man puts Chykie Brown on AJ Green, WITH A FREE RELEASE! You're going to give fucking AJ Green a free release. Unbelievable. That mother fucker goes straight up the field for an 80 yard TD.

THE VERY NEXT YEAR...................

Once again, the offense finally gets the lead in the fourth, and this man puts a Safety, ONE ON ONE, with AJ Green. You're going to put a safety on AJ Green with the game on the line. Unbelievable. That mother fucker, once again, goes straight up the field for an 80 yard TD.

And those are just the two homes games the Ravens played the past two seasons versus the Bengals. We haven't even got into his antics at Paul Brown Stadium.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Cincy, the offense finally gets the lead in the fourth off of a big play, and this man puts Chykie Brown on AJ Green, WITH A FREE RELEASE! You're going to give fucking AJ Green a free release. Unbelievable. That mother fucker goes straight up the field for an 80 yard TD.

THE VERY NEXT YEAR...................

Once again, the offense finally gets the lead in the fourth, and this man puts a Safety, ONE ON ONE, with AJ Green. You're going to put a safety on AJ Green with the game on the line. Unbelievable. That mother fucker, once again, goes straight up the field for an 80 yard TD.

And those are just the two homes games the Ravens played the past two seasons versus the Bengals. We haven't even got into his antics at Paul Brown Stadium.
    That's pretty amazing. Pees gets high praise on network coverage though.

Blog Entries

This thread is so Pess-imistic... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This thread is so Pess-imistic... Bc
    Imagine Harbaugh fired, (which many seem to want) and replaced by Dean Pees. Oh, the humanity.

Blog Entries

Imagine Harbaugh fired, (which many seem to want) and replaced by Dean Pees. Oh, the humanity.
    Oh thanks CC. Do you know it's after 11 p.m,. and after reading your post, I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight.
    So if I dream Tomlin gets fired and Pees takes over in Pittsburhgh, then ... that's better... Bc

Since we are spit-balling, Marvin is canned and Harbaugh then gets the Cincy job ?
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Since we are spit-balling, Marvin is canned and Harbaugh then gets the Cincy job ?
    And makes Cam Cameron his OC.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    And makes Cam Cameron his OC.
    Do you guys want to give CincyCat a heart attack? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I have always felt and posted that Dean Pees is a decent DC. The hate he gets on this board is from homers who waaay overestimate the talent we have had in the past. People always call for the return of Rex Ryan but his defenses get toasted regularly when his blitzing style gets exposed by a weak secondary. Coaches always get the blame for players playing like shit. I'm not saying that Pees is some defensive genius but the fact that we have the number 1 defense when our players aren't the best in the league on paper is a testament to that.
    Yeah, this is pretty much it. We had to revamp the entire defense because our stars were getting old, and if you look at our performance from 2013-2015 under Pees our defense actually outplayed its talent level each year. Now people are looking to take credit away from Pees because the defense has talent again, but does it have #1 overall talent? No way. Yet that's the performance we're getting right now. We can point to bad decisions on individual plays, schemes or even games in the past, but you can cherrypick those problems with any DC. In the overall scheme of things I'd find it hard to argue that he hasn't been a net positive for us.

I think Pees has earned a pass for this season.

I don't see any team clamoring for him as a head coach. Just don't see it. It might be a good thing if someone does scoop him up. I have not been a fan but this year has been good