Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 144145146
Results 1,741 to 1,745 of 1745

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    By the state, but it receives federal funding for nationalized testing. I think that's how it works.

Darb may be a better person to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Basically the federal government gives money for certain programs. States can have those programs, or not, as they see fit. The large majority of federal funding for education goes to Pell Grants.

That's a bit misleading though, since the federal government has been slowly taking control from the states for a while now. The No Child Behind Act was/is a travesty of government interference from Bush. Common Core just made a bad situation worse. Thank you, previous two Presidents. And a special "screw you" to Obama for that Dear Colleague letter regarding Title IX. Way to get universities sued for millions upon millions of dollars.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good post.

At this point, im kind of borderline anarchist, at least in terms of a centralized federal government. They do nothing. They can't get anything right when they try and get something accomplished. They're by and large poor representations of their constituents. A large majority of them are crooked, greedy, and self-serving.

I mean, what's the point anymore?

I'd rather reset the whole thing and go back to states being the primary holders of power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would not say that I am an anarchist but I do believe that power needs to be pushed down to the states. The Federal government needs to stop trying to tell everyone how to live. That goes for both parties. Both parties are trying to push the values of their extreme members out to the states. Our people vastly different values and beliefs across the country. Federal funds should be sent to states to use them as long as they are addressing specific categories like education, healthcare etc. If one state wants to fund planned parenthood they can. If another state wants to fund an alternative source of medical care they can. If one state wants to fund charter schools etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would not say that I am an anarchist but I do believe that power needs to be pushed down to the states. The Federal government needs to stop trying to tell everyone how to live. That goes for both parties. Both parties are trying to push the values of their extreme members out to the states. Our people vastly different values and beliefs across the country. Federal funds should be sent to states to use them as long as they are addressing specific categories like education, healthcare etc. If one state wants to fund planned parenthood they can. If another state wants to fund an alternative source of medical care they can. If one state wants to fund charter schools etc.
    I agree.

It's a lot easier for states to have a vote about something than it is for the federal gubberment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Basically the federal government gives money for certain programs. States can have those programs, or not, as they see fit. The large majority of federal funding for education goes to Pell Grants.

That's a bit misleading though, since the federal government has been slowly taking control from the states for a while now. The No Child Behind Act was/is a travesty of government interference from Bush. Common Core just made a bad situation worse. Thank you, previous two Presidents. And a special "screw you" to Obama for that Dear Colleague letter regarding Title IX. Way to get universities sued for millions upon millions of dollars.
    The Federal govt uses those programs to get the foot in the door for control at state level. For example, giving money for reduced school lunches make schools have to adhere to certain things. SO instead of local school board or state having control, some goes to federal govt.
    All the whining about No Child Left Behind by the local schools could have simply been eliminated if they didn't take money. They wouldn't have had to test. But being money grabbers they are, the took anything they could get.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The Federal govt uses those programs to get the foot in the door for control at state level. For example, giving money for reduced school lunches make schools have to adhere to certain things. SO instead of local school board or state having control, some goes to federal govt.
    All the whining about No Child Left Behind by the local schools could have simply been eliminated if they didn't take money. They wouldn't have had to test. But being money grabbers they are, the took anything they could get.
    Yep. And dumber kids has been the result.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock