Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 767778
Results 1,387 to 1,403 of 1403
  1. #1387
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President



    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the relationship between China and North Korea is similar to our relationships with Britain and Israel. They may argue from time to time, but the relationship is very close. China is not going to stand by and watch North Korea get destroyed.

    If attacked, North Korea will absolutely retaliate against South Korea and perhaps against Japan. That will result in a further escalation from us, which will result in further retaliation from North Korea and so on. It will not be possible to contain an attack on North Korea like it was possible to contain an attack on Syria. The fighting will spread to other countries, thus drawing them into the conflict, which will draw China into the conflict. This is an extremely dangerous situation that Trump is not prepared to handle.
    China's goal is hegemy of East Asia. It will not undermine that goal to protect North Korea because of any kind of 'special relationship'. The only reason they would side with NK, is if it believes the conflict it would bolster them getting more control of East Asia.





  2. #1388
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    11,327

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the relationship between China and North Korea is similar to our relationships with Britain and Israel. They may argue from time to time, but the relationship is very close. China is not going to stand by and watch North Korea get destroyed.

    If attacked, North Korea will absolutely retaliate against South Korea and perhaps against Japan. That will result in a further escalation from us, which will result in further retaliation from North Korea and so on. It will not be possible to contain an attack on North Korea like it was possible to contain an attack on Syria. The fighting will spread to other countries, thus drawing them into the conflict, which will draw China into the conflict. This is an extremely dangerous situation that Trump is not prepared to handle.
    China's relationship with NK is not comparable with ours and the UK. Not even close. There is a reason why our alliance with the UK is call "The Special Relationship". It is almost unparalleled in human history between 2 world powers. To make that comparison shows how little you know on the subject.





  3. #1389
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    11,327

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    China's goal is hegemy of East Asia. It will not undermine that goal to protect North Korea because of any kind of 'special relationship'. The only reason they would side with NK, is if it believes the conflict it would bolster them getting more control of East Asia.





  4. #1390
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    China's relationship with NK is not comparable with ours and the UK. Not even close. There is a reason why our alliance with the UK is call "The Special Relationship". It is almost unparalleled in human history between 2 world powers. To make that comparison shows how little you know on the subject.
    Ok, then it should be a no-brainer. We can destroy North Korea, and should do so if they persist with provocations. According to you guys, China doesn't really care about North Korea anyway, so there will be minimal ramifications, right?
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  5. #1391
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    11,327

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ok, then it should be a no-brainer. We can destroy North Korea, and should do so if they persist with provocations. According to you guys, China doesn't really care about North Korea anyway, so there will be minimal ramifications, right?
    No one in this thread (that I've seen) is advocating a war with North Korea. Nor has anyone said it would be "easy". North Korea's recent shows of strength are what they do to celebrate holidays and Kim's birthday. Anyone with any geopolitical knowledge knows this. Trump is an idiot by responding so forcefully to it. Our normal position is to publicly condemn the shows of force and/or inflict more sanctions, sometimes with China's help.

    It is not outside the realm of possibility that China could get involve if we went to war with NK. However at present it wouldn't suit their needs. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because as I have said before, China's economy is very much tied to ours. At most they would supply NK with equipment and supplies while remaining largely neutral in a war between us and NK. All that is subject to change. But to think that China would immediately come to the defense of NK in a war, like we would if the UK went to war is laughable.





  6. #1392
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    34,417

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ok, then it should be a no-brainer. We can destroy North Korea, and should do so if they persist with provocations. According to you guys, China doesn't really care about North Korea anyway, so there will be minimal ramifications, right?
    Wow, way to jump to conclusion and put words in peoples mouths. Nobody here is saying destroy anyone.





  7. #1393
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,084

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No one in this thread (that I've seen) is advocating a war with North Korea. Nor has anyone said it would be "easy". North Korea's recent shows of strength are what they do to celebrate holidays and Kim's birthday. Anyone with any geopolitical knowledge knows this. Trump is an idiot by responding so forcefully to it. Our normal position is to publicly condemn the shows of force and/or inflict more sanctions, sometimes with China's help.

    It is not outside the realm of possibility that China could get involve if we went to war with NK. However at present it wouldn't suit their needs. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because as I have said before, China's economy is very much tied to ours. At most they would supply NK with equipment and supplies while remaining largely neutral in a war between us and NK. All that is subject to change. But to think that China would immediately come to the defense of NK in a war, like we would if the UK went to war is laughable.
    Well said.

    I love how it's all over the news and people don't know it's a yearly thing.

    Just shows how the media circus works.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”
    – Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  8. #1394
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No one in this thread (that I've seen) is advocating a war with North Korea. Nor has anyone said it would be "easy". North Korea's recent shows of strength are what they do to celebrate holidays and Kim's birthday. Anyone with any geopolitical knowledge knows this. Trump is an idiot by responding so forcefully to it. Our normal position is to publicly condemn the shows of force and/or inflict more sanctions, sometimes with China's help.

    It is not outside the realm of possibility that China could get involve if we went to war with NK. However at present it wouldn't suit their needs. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because as I have said before, China's economy is very much tied to ours. At most they would supply NK with equipment and supplies while remaining largely neutral in a war between us and NK. All that is subject to change. But to think that China would immediately come to the defense of NK in a war, like we would if the UK went to war is laughable.
    I never said that China would immediately enter a war. I said that I thought that any conflict with NK would escalate rapidly, which would lead to them entering a war. Kim Jong Un is a paranoid and irrational actor. If he is attacked, he could easily launch a disproportionate response that could kill thousands of people in South Korea very quickly. BTW, a number of posters have commented about how we would wipe NK out in a war. I was being fetitious in my earlier response. I don't think a conflict with NK would be easy at all.

    Yes, China's economy is tied to our economy, but our economy is also tied to theirs. If China warns us against attacking NK, and we do it anyway, aren't we taking the same risk that they would be taking?

    I respect everyone's views here, but we will just need to agree to disagree. I just don't see China sitting by and watching an ally of theirs get destroyed. The only way to avoid mass casualties would be to use overwhelming force against NK, which would mean destroying them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  9. #1395
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I never said that China would immediately enter a war. I said that I thought that any conflict with NK would escalate rapidly, which would lead to them entering a war. Kim Jong Un is a paranoid and irrational actor. If he is attacked, he could easily launch a disproportionate response that could kill thousands of people in South Korea very quickly. BTW, a number of posters have commented about how we would wipe NK out in a war. I was being fetitious in my earlier response. I don't think a conflict with NK would be easy at all.

    Yes, China's economy is tied to our economy, but our economy is also tied to theirs. If China warns us against attacking NK, and we do it anyway, aren't we taking the same risk that they would be taking?

    I respect everyone's views here, but we will just need to agree to disagree. I just don't see China sitting by and watching an ally of theirs get destroyed. The only way to avoid mass casualties would be to use overwhelming force against NK, which would mean destroying them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You really think this show of force is about North Korea? It's the Neocons playing chess. The US is ready to fight all three countries right now. We will see if they take the bait.





  10. #1396
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    21,485
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Well if Dirt ends up being right he's the first one I'm inviting into my wartime safe haven. Children, women and then Dirt.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  11. #1397
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well if Dirt ends up being right he's the first one I'm inviting into my wartime safe haven. Children, women and then Dirt.
    Ok, can I have the top bunk though?


    is (5).jpg
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  12. #1398

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Well, Trump might as well pack his bags. This is surely the end...

    n7q12m7dwosy.jpg






  13. #1399
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    21,485
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ok, can I have the top bunk though?


    is (5).jpg
    Depends, you bringing beautiful women with you?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  14. #1400
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Depends, you bringing beautiful women with you?
    Well, I have repeatedly written to my girl Megan, letting her know that I am here to provide for all of her needs in a doomsday situation. I would be bringing her with me to your bunker. She has filed for a restraining order, but hasn't said "no". So, I think what she is saying is that there is still a chance...

    Megan.jpg
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  15. #1401
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    21,485
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Well, I have repeatedly written to my girl Megan, letting her know that I am here to provide for all of her needs in a doomsday situation. I would be bringing her with me to your bunker. She has filed for a restraining order, but hasn't said "no". So, I think what she is saying is that there is still a chance...

    Megan.jpg
    We'll have to repopulate Dirt. It's up to us. We need a mixture of the most intelligent women, mentally tough women and downright finest all natural bitches we can get. It's not as if they'll have many options. Shelter with Dirt holding an Elvin Sword of Light Magic or the apocalypse.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  16. #1402
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We'll have to repopulate Dirt. It's up to us. We need a mixture of the most intelligent women, mentally tough women and downright finest all natural bitches we can get. It's not as if they'll have many options. Shelter with Dirt holding an Elvin Sword of Light Magic or the apocalypse.
    It'll be a sacrifice, but we should do all that we can. Megan, if you are listening, I'm here for you baby.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  17. #1403
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,084

    Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

    Very good read:

    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/da...rump-1.4081391

    Wisconsin has as many dairy cows as the entire dairy industry of Canada. Good to see some folks down that way are viewing market supply as a solution. If we value small and mid size producers of agri products in Canada, then we have to find a way to ensure they are getting a fair return and market stability. Agricultural products are not like other markets, food is perishable(tech solutions aside), subject to many external factors and having local sources is far superior.

    Was very shocked at Trump's comments on the Canadian dairy sector given how small it is in the broader North American picture. The biggest takeaway:

    "[Trump can] stand up with bluster and point his finger up at the Canadian border," Lloyd said., "But it doesn't help a dairy farmer here."

    This indeed populism by Trump to get people behind NAFTA changes, despite certain sectors speculating it won't help the American market as much as being advertised.
    “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”
    – Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland