Thread: Visting the UK

Visting the UK

Ravens fan from Baltimore visiting the UK over Christmas. I shall be on the south coast near Lymington (Isle of Wight), Bournemouth, Christ Church, etc. and will need to find a place or way to watch the team ruin the Squeelers' season in the final regular season match on December 29th. Any advice from the UK fans; I will not want to miss this one.

In return, I promise to buy you beers when you come to see a game at the Vault.

Dunk
    (Sec. 513, Row 21, Seat 11)

Re: Visting the UK

Unless the game is a game chosen to be shown by Sky, you will be out of luck in terms of watching it on TV that week.

However you can buy gamepass (from yahoo) for that week for $25 and watch it on your computer.

Dunk- sorry we do not have anyone near to you to say hello.
    As Stockers said we are unlikely to get the game on SKY - unless they want some Steeler coverage prior to the play-offs, which is not unheard of. There are a lot of big games with a current 1pm ko.
    NFL field pass is the next watching option. Otherwise NFL.com has a stat update.

Dunk, I sent you a PM. I have a slingbox hooked up to my cable box. If you want to watch the game let me know and i will get you the slingbox software and my slingfinder ID. You can access my cable receiver and watch the game that way. It is safe and free.

You will need a laptop or PC and internet access (high speed). Let me know and I will hook you up.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Slingbox is the way to do it so long as you have broadband at the UK end. That's very generous of you Dave.

I will be in the Carribean for the Pats game. Assuming that the place I'm going has electricity, I may be sending you an email :)
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

sounds good. I will have to tell my wife not to change the channel or use the vonage phone during the game. I will be at the game so I can not regulate her actions. :)

I am sure she will be fine with it. She usually watches the games even though she is a Squeelers fan.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Isle of Wight , very nice place to visit. I remember when I played American football against the Wight Rhino's in the 90's, they had pebbles integrated with the soil.And the Giants were moaning about Wembley's field.Jeez.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.