Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ray gives some verbal support to Boller

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    Ummm, no. The rep was icing, unnecessary to the smooth operation of the site.

The ignore list makes it possible for people who are supremely irritated with one person or another to contribute here anyway. It's essential. Without it, irrational obnoxious loudmouths could run everyone else off, or at least everyone who couldn't tolerate the noise.
    LOL at the "silent protest" of one poster removing the rep thingy. I don't know specifically, or care to know, what the mods took into account in making that decision, but I'm quite sure it wasn't due to one poster's so-called "silent protest." That's really pretty funny.

And don't be too disappointed if your effort to get rid of the ignore feature doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    1) They didn't stack the box.
    Brian Billick on his show yesterday disagreed with your take.

While I didn't hear it myself, supposedly Derrick Mason and Mike Flynn disagreed with this as well on Monday Night on Derrick's show.

I don't have a copy of the game to watch again, but if anyone could post a clip on youtube or some screenshots we could determine it for ourselves.

Is it that difficult to see that as of right now, Boller is all we have. Sure, Troy Smith is on the sidelines, but he is very inexperienced at this level of play. Will he eventually be a good QB? Who knows. But you do not throw him into a start in this league. That would be like the lame zebra at the drinking hole and a lion prowling in the brush.

I do not know if Boller is the answer to this teams problems. It is after all, partially his fault the Ravens got into a hole in the 1st half against the Browns. He did a good job of rallying in the 2nd half though. That showed some promise. Instead of waiting for the typical Boller to return and lose the games based on his lack of talent, I am actually gonna pull for the guy to show improvement week to week for as long as he has the starting position.

Maybe he is not the best choice, but he certainly is not the worst. What else do we have?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    Brian Billick on his show yesterday disagreed with your take.

While I didn't hear it myself, supposedly Derrick Mason and Mike Flynn disagreed with this as well on Monday Night on Derrick's show.

I don't have a copy of the game to watch again, but if anyone could post a clip on youtube or some screenshots we could determine it for ourselves.

Well of course Billick is going to disagree. Do you think for a minute he is going to come out on his show and say "Well, I did it again. I forgot about the Buffalo game, ha ha".

And then there is the small fact that oh.......Boller ran 2nd and 1 from the shotgun! Noone was stacking the box on 2nd and 1. No one in the stadium thought the Ravens were going to run the ball! Believe me, when they lined up, we're all yelling out "NO NO, RUN THE FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!". If we stadium coaches knew they were passing, you know Browns knew.

Another reason Billick needs to give up the OC job and let someone who knows what they are doing call the plays.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-21-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

crazyraven, you had as close to zero to do with removing the reputation system as any poster here could.

It was removed when I did a lengthy study and found some anomalies in how points were awarded. Steve didn't feel like working it out so he killed it until/if he can put some time into getting it working correctly.

Yes. The right play was called. Sypniewski was wide open and boller knew it, he just made an awful throw.
    If you are talking about the 3rd and 1 you couldn't be more wrong. Sypniewski was actually HELD during the play, I saw a bit on NFL Replay last night and they showed the play and he was obviously held and as a result the defender was right there to knock down the pass that was at least decently thrown. The one before to Mason he rushed and overthrew.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The ignore list makes it possible for people who are supremely irritated with one person or another to contribute here anyway. It's essential. Without it, irrational obnoxious loudmouths could run everyone else off, or at least everyone who couldn't tolerate the noise.
    I don't have anyone on ignore but thanks to technology for the scroll button on my mouse, I just scoot past the "irrational obnoxious loudmouths" and read the good stuff.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

crazyraven, you had as close to zero to do with removing the reputation system as any poster here could.
    I dont know greg I'll take your word for it but It sure seemed as if alot of people took notice and were complaining about it when I first disabled my rep points. I do find it Funny that nobody talked about it before i did that until one day it just disappeared.

Yea and lol at doing an in depth study, you had already known for months that there was an anolomy and as a mod you took advantage of it.

Anyway no matter, its here no there, have a Happy Thanksgiving buddy.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I hadn't known about any issues with it, except that I had manually changed yours, mine, and 2 other posters. Yours was changed back.

While I was posting my reputation notes (since your bitching led me to that I guess you could claim some kind of credit) I noted one poster left me a huge point amount, so I started checking and found a number of such issues.

But your complaints about the system had nothing to do with is, Steve was going to keep it until we found it not working properly.

While I was posting my reputation notes (since your bitching led me to that I guess you could claim some kind of credit) I noted one poster left me a huge point amount, so I started checking and found a number of such issues.
    Thanks for the credit. I'll accept it.

I didnt realize that other users could bump up the points for or against. WOW! Im sure I was a victim of that because before you guys pulled it I noticed that some of the points that I had "Earned" were gone and a lower number was there. WOW! Thanks for checking into that.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Cool Re: Ray gives some verbal support to Boller

Greg wrote
    Greg wrote a few weeks back
    Here are all of the reputations I have had left for me.
    RavenTD Greg 18:33, 16th Aug 2006 1 My ribs kinda hurt.
    skimmy Greg 19:54, 19th Aug 2006 1
    DRayRaven Greg 19:12, 24th Aug 2006 1
    RavensDomination Greg 11:15, 25th Aug 2006 1
    Mobtown Greg 12:47, 26th Aug 2006 -1 You can change the name of the board, but you are still a stubborn SOB
    crowdog89 Greg 16:11, 5th Sep 2006 1 Made me laugh...I needed it.
    RavensInBrazil Greg 10:31, 8th Sep 2006 1
    StingerNLG Greg 16:23, 18th Sep 2006 1 There is nothing like watching Greg make sense.
    Ravens0587 Greg 23:28, 13th Mar 2007 -1 libertarian my ass
    papjohn Greg 12:18, 15th Mar 2007 1
    papjohn Greg 17:06, 29th Mar 2007 1
    StingerNLG Greg 01:31, 6th Aug 2007 1
    crazyraven Greg 14:42, 31st Aug 2007 0 I understand where you are going with this but it fucked up...your a god damn moderator. Get a life dude, cut the guy some slack.
    Ok so who is it, who was the one hacking the system???? You know it aint me cause you said someone left you a favorable "huge point amount".

Who Dunnit?

Would you guys please SHUT UP about this stupid thing. Greg for god's sake stop arguing with Crazy about something so stupid. Nobody with the possible exception of Crazy doubts your integrity or your good intentions for the site.

Waste of bandwidth.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Festivus, I love greg. he is a good guy, I know he has integrity, that's not what this is about. with all due respect someone was dropping negative points on me and getting away with doing it by hacking the system. Someone on Gregs list above was doing it. why protect this person? I know you were one of the guys with a bolstered rep point so this may be the reason why you want this hushed, and I dont hold it against you.