Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What a ROYAL Pain in the Ass...

Some dumb girl decided to get plastered and drive home late Friday night/early Saturday morning.

She comes barrelling down my road, loses control of her Camry, goes through my neighbor's ditch, into my front yard, exited on the other side of my front yard, and finally stops in the yard across the street from my house. Through all of this, she went through 2 trees...one of which was about 13" in diameter...and left a debris trail of car pieces in my front yard.

As hard as it is to believe, my wife and I slept through all of this.

We woke up the next morning and when I went down to look at a down'ed tree (that I figured just fell in the night), I saw the debris and tire marks. I called the local sheriff department and two deputies came out and kind of reaffirmed what I was seeing. They said that another deputy responded to an accident that night across the street and the girl was so intoxicated that she couldn't perform a breathalyzer, so they took her to the hospital and had her blood drawn.

Now, one would think this would be passed down in some log at the sherriff's office, right? One would think this would be documented, right?

It's nuts to me because I've been on the phone all morning trying to figure out this girl's insurance info so I can file a claim (property damage). No one at the sherriff's office seems to know what the fuck I'm talking about. I thought the PO-LEESE were supposed to be helpful, lol.

What a pain in the ass.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: What a ROYAL Pain in the Ass...

wow, I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're safe! drunk driving is inexcusable...especially with uber and lyft available. ugh!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You sure you have the right agency? Maybe MSP handled it. It's not uncommon for MSP in your area to handle that stuff over local LE.

PM me her name and info I bet I can find it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You sure you have the right agency? Maybe MSP handled it. It's not uncommon for MSP in your area to handle that stuff over local LE.

PM me her name and info I bet I can find it.
    It was local sheriff.

And I dont even know her name. They "dont know".

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It was local sheriff.

And I dont even know her name. They "dont know".
    So nobody was a witness to this lady taking out your tree? It's just assumed that she hit it because she was drunk and got into another accident down the street?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So nobody was a witness to this lady taking out your tree? It's just assumed that she hit it because she was drunk and got into another accident down the street?
    Here is all I know:

-girl drove drunk (potentially messed up on drugs as well) and was going way too fast down my road, which is very windy/hilly and lots of blind spots.

-girl hit my neighbor's ditch, pops up onto my driveway taking out tree #1 and keeps going through the front of my yard taking out another tree, running over shrubs, and exiting out onto my other neighbor's driveway.

-girl ends up in the yard across the street from my house where her vehicle stopped.

-my wife and I slept through the ordeal.

-woke up the next morning and realized there was a tree down in the front yard that wasn't down the day before. It wasn't rainy or windy the night before, so I went down to check it out.

-figured out there must have been a car accident or someone being an asshole due to tire tracks, things obviously run over, debris.

-called sheriff's office and they sent a guy out who confirmed the accident occurred.

-based on the trees and the amount of debris on my yard, I have a tough time thinking her car was able to be driven away.

-the deputy did not know the girl's name. Just that she was 26, drove a Camry, and was so intoxicated that they had to get the hospital to do a blood draw.

-the deputy gave me the case number and said he'd call back later with the girl's insurance info. He never did.

-I called this morning and the secretary said the officers that were on over the weekend were off until Wednesday, which I figured anyway. According to the secretary, there was no pass down or log of the incident and they "don't do passdowns or logs unless there was a murder or fatality.

-The case number that I was given didn't have any of the girl's info in it. the only thing I can figure that makes sense is the responding officer didn't finish the case forms yet.

(Btw - I have a REAL hard time thinking there was no passdown or log...that seems real odd to me coming from the military where everything is logged).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it was his last day of his shift and the report wasn't completed yet, thanks to her bein gso messed up. If they passed down all the info they receive in one day, they'd never stop working. They only pass along the really important stuff. A routine 10-50 PD (traffic accident w/ property damage) isn't the most important of things in the world to LEO's.

I'd be shocked if you didn't have your info by the end of the week.

Just glad y'all are safe.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Unbelievable.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is all I know:

-girl drove drunk (potentially messed up on drugs as well) and was going way too fast down my road, which is very windy/hilly and lots of blind spots.

-girl hit my neighbor's ditch, pops up onto my driveway taking out tree #1 and keeps going through the front of my yard taking out another tree, running over shrubs, and exiting out onto my other neighbor's driveway.

Hey, at least she didn't hit a car parked in the driveway.

I've been a firsthand witness to that. Or course, this was during the day and we heard the crash.

Blog Entries

reminds me of the time my sisters house got ran through by a drunk. He took out her mailbox and a telephone pole (narrowly missing a Fire hydrant) right beside her bedroom window. I beileve they woke up but never saw the kid or really talked to police much. I think they missed the initial crash but woke up when they were still cleaning up the wreck.

Luckily for them, the kid came and rang their doorbell the next day to give his information, apologized profusely and fixed their mailbox. I wouldnt expect that to be the norm, i was pretty impressed with his ability to take ownership of a really poor choice, especially so quickly.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Hey, at least she didn't hit a car parked in the driveway.

I've been a firsthand witness to that. Or course, this was during the day and we heard the crash.
    Luckily I have a long drive and the road is at the bottom of the hill. Still, you're right. She could have killed herself or really tore up some shit.