Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think the Sun has got it right....

I read this in today's edition. I say I agree 100% with the suggestions.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,2365176.story

I think Hensley makes good points and I can't argue against any point he's made. I wish Billick would seriously make these changes but I doubt he will.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: I think the Sun has got it right....

I'd be inclined to agree with that, EXCEPTthat I want this team to field the best team possible when we meet the Squeelers, the last game of the season. I want the Ravens to play the role of spoilers, if, in fact, we can be. If the Brownies run the table, which is possible, given their schedule, the Steelers will be, in all likelihood, tied with them come the last week of the season (and will hold the tiebreaker over the Browns). The Ravens can then ruin the Steeler's bid at the Divisional title by beating up on them - my Xmas wish is for the Ravens to beat the Steelers into submission, just like we did last year.

We have to field the best OL we can. I don't know whether that means subbing for Flynn, but I doubt it means subbing for JO.

If the goal is to see what Boller is capable of, and what the play calling can do, we don't need him getting killed worse than he already is. To quote Col. Whatshisname from Rambo, "You're gonna need a lot of body bags."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

It's still too early to make wholesale changes. As seemingly ridiculous and unrealistic as it may seem, this team still has a mathematical chance of making the playoffs. OK, so we need to run the table. And OK, we'll need to beat one of the best teams to ever take the field in pro football. But while there's a chance, I'd be extremely depressed if Billick threw in the towel, withdrew a few hurting vets and called it quits on the season while there's still a chance of salvaging something.

The fat lady is tuning up, but she hasn't opened her mouth yet. If we lose the next two, then we can start prepping with next season in mind. Right now all we should be thinking about is putting out our strongest team to get a win in San Diego on Sunday.

Thumbs down Re: I think the Sun has got it right....

I would be quite pissed off to attend three more home games while watching the best players sit on the bench. I didn't fork out thousands to watch exhibition games in November & December. The NFL has scheduled four exhibition games in the summer of 2008 for watching the young players.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    We have to field the best OL we can. I don't know whether that means subbing for Flynn, but I doubt it means subbing for JO.
    Did you see JO get blown up all game?

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    It's still too early to make wholesale changes. As seemingly ridiculous and unrealistic as it may seem, this team still has a mathematical chance of making the playoffs.
    Please tell me you're pulling our leg! Mathematical, Yes! Realistic, HELL NO!! Thats just crazy!!

OK, so we need to run the table. And OK, we'll need to beat one of the best teams to ever take the field in pro football. But while there's a chance, I'd be extremely depressed if Billick threw in the towel, withdrew a few hurting vets and called it quits on the season while there's still a chance of salvaging something.
    I highlighted a point in your above paragraph. Whats with the blind loyalty with this team? If JO can't get it done on the field, then why is he playing?

Thats why the Patriots are the best team in the league. The coach doesn't give a shit what you did last year or even last week. They put their TEAM in a position to win, and do it with the personnel they think gives them the best chance TO WIN!!!! Adalius Thomas sat out most of the Colts game because they didn't think he would be the best option against them. Think about that for a minute!!

I agree with the Sun. As much as I'd like to believe we can salvage this season I just don't see us beating the second best team in the league let alone best team to ever be assembled when we haven't been able to beat the worst defenses in the league. The question to me is, are the best players on the field now? I have my doubts but the only way we'll know is to give some different faces a chance. Between the injuries we have and the players not living up to expectations I don't see the point in staying on the same path. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I don't think McNair is the best we have, yet he may be back in a couple weeks. I don't think JO is the best anymore but there he is; and there are others. I realize that since I'm not a PSL or ticket holder I don't get a vote but I do know I sure as hell don't want to see next season unfold the way this one has. If it means some more pain this season, a season already lost, do it because I'm already numb to the ineptitude of this current team. JMO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    I agree with the Sun. As much as I'd like to believe we can salvage this season I just don't see us beating the second best team in the league let alone best team to ever be assembled when we haven't been able to beat the worst defenses in the league. The question to me is, are the best players on the field now? I have my doubts but the only way we'll know is to give some different faces a chance. Between the injuries we have and the players not living up to expectations I don't see the point in staying on the same path. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I don't think McNair is the best we have, yet he may be back in a couple weeks. I don't think JO is the best anymore but there he is; and there are others. I realize that since I'm not a PSL or ticket holder I don't get a vote but I do know I sure as hell don't want to see next season unfold the way this one has. If it means some more pain this season, a season already lost, do it because I'm already numb to the ineptitude of this current team. JMO
    Correct....but Brian Billick doesn't understand this.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Please tell me you're pulling our leg! Mathematical, Yes! Realistic, HELL NO!! Thats just crazy!!
    So you're telling me you'd rather have a coach quit on the team and effectively tell them they're not good enough to win certain games? One of Billick's strengths is motivating players - if he made changes that intentionally weakened the team while they still have a shot, it would be saying "I don't believe in this current team" and would lead to the players losing any confidence in him and what he has to say in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I highlighted a point in your above paragraph. Whats with the blind loyalty with this team? If JO can't get it done on the field, then why is he playing?
    Although obviously rusty, if he stays healthy then J.O. will improve game by game and, THIS SEASON, gives us a better chance to win than, say Terry at LT and Yanda at RT. As I said in my above post, if and when we crash and burn in SD and against the Pats, then make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    I realize that since I'm not a PSL or ticket holder I don't get a vote but I do know I sure as hell don't want to see next season unfold the way this one has.
    PSL holders don't get a vote either. They just think so... Billick and company are going to do what they want with or without the buy-in of the fans.

Blog Entries

So you're telling me you'd rather have a coach quit on the team and effectively tell them they're not good enough to win certain games? One of Billick's strengths is motivating players - if he made changes that intentionally weakened the team while they still have a shot, it would be saying "I don't believe in this current team" and would lead to the players losing any confidence in him and what he has to say in the future.

Although obviously rusty, if he stays healthy then J.O. will improve game by game and, THIS SEASON, gives us a better chance to win than, say Terry at LT and Yanda at RT. As I said in my above post, if and when we crash and burn in SD and against the Pats, then make changes.
    Everything I said applies now as well as AFTER they lose the next 2 games.....so we agree somewhat, but I think JO would help us more so on the sidelines.....

Blog Entries

I think our next offseason pick should be Dante Scarnecchia. Tell me he isn't worth at least $1 million a year vs BB's $5 million.....