Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: OT: Can we get this forum up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    I actually liked the Punch and Judy aspects of the Insiders board - it kept everyone on their toes.

The problem, as I see it, is that we now have this forum for serious, "keep the pinky pointed outwards when sipping tea" discourse, while Insiders is going to be policed away from the norm of people net-screaming.

I love melts, and political melts most of all, and hope that this place evolves into a refuge of sanity, while Insiders remains the vituperative carnival of hate we all know and love, providing a place to "take it outside" as the situation merits.

BS
    No matter the board, you never fail to crack me up.
    PS- Love Japan. Arm 'em to the hilt. Just take a look at who else lives in that hood.

Re: OT: Can we get this forum up and running?

- Shiite takeover of Iraqi town - precursor to US losing the war? Time to bail out and turn our energies toward Iran and N Korea?
    I think we need to do help turn that place into a Democracy.

If they can get a stable government then we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore.

- The stadium bombing hoax: free speech, or should we send the culprit to Guantanamo?
    Tough call. I'm all for free speech, but I feel stupidity should be punished very harshly. The guy knew what he was doing and he knew what an uproar it would cause.

I really don't like the idea of our Government running checks on every little thing we do/say though.

- Allow Japs to go nuke? Remember Pearl Harbor!
    Sure. I trust Japan more than I do any other country outside of England because I believe the United States and Japans economeis are more closely tied than any other two countries in the world.

Simple human nature. The Japanese people don't want to attack us because it would hurt their wallets. It's much easier to find people willing to die for a cause if their lives aren't going all that great to begin with. Look at Germany (WW II) and the Middle-East (pretty much forever).
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock