Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Offensive Line Getting Healthy

This team is cursed
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But if he needs time to heal why would he be practicing? Foot injuries are usually frustrating becuase you haev to stay off of it. It's kinda like a torn rotator cuff, just have to rest and get it better (I have one right now so using that as an example).
    Well, I think they were a little desperate and trying to test it to the limit the best they could. Maybe if they left him in the boot an extra week instead of practicing the last 2 weeks, he may have been ready to go a week or 2 earlier.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

This team is cursed
    lol we just can't make this shit up.

Blog Entries

Don't understand the Stanley situation, as I said in the game thread. Doesn't make sense that he's practicing all week and not playing on Sunday, which happened last week. I assume he will play vs. the Steelers because you'd probably be looking at two full weeks of practice, plus the bye. If he's still not playing then, I'd have a lot of questions and concern.

Blog Entries

if he doesn't play next weekend then we can start panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol say it!
    Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin

:\

If there's any way they're going to reverse the momentum and turn this season around (trust me, I have my doubts), then this has GOT to happen. If they can get healthy and open holes for the backs and protect Joe adequately, then maybe we see an offensive rebound.

Maybe.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I don't think it's Lisfranc. That's a fracture that's almost always season ending. My bet is turf toe. Someone else threw out a high ankle sprain, could be that too. But I still think turf toe.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I don't think it's Lisfranc. That's a fracture that's almost always season ending. My bet is turf toe. Someone else threw out a high ankle sprain, could be that too. But I still think turf toe.
    Does turf toe require a boot?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I was just reading something this morning saying there is no timetable for Stanley to return..whatever that means
    That sounds more and more like a high ankle sprain. I remember when Todd Heap went through that. Everyone was bitching when he was still out after a month. Then they posted picture of his black and swollen ankle in the paper. It was a mess and shut everyone up. Suddenly that injury was seen as a lot more serious then people thought it was.

Blog Entries

This team is cursed
    There are a bunch teams that have a lot worse injury problems. None of these lineman are ending up on IR. It's been bad but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Blog Entries

Doesn't make sense if he's practicing. What in the fuck could the problem be?
    he practiced all last week to my knowledge. Hes apparently still hampered by it, to the point hes not 100%, but good enough to practice? Im not sure I understand why theyre doing that.

The OL is the biggest issue on this team. Hands down. fix that and I think atleast 2 of the last 4 are Ws alone.

Beating Pitt out of the bye (they have theirs too though) would be huge to turn this season around. having all our horses out there would be a good start to doing that.
    -JAB