Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Arm Strength Overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Actually, if we can put up Ws against both NO and Cincy; begin establishing our running game; have McNair manage the game successfully, Especially in Critical situations (which is the reason, I believe, the Ravens brought him here!); and have a Defense which will start playing three-and-out, then I believe we're headed in the right direction.
    You're not asking for much are you?

I really believe this game in NO is critical, much in the same way the Tampa game was! If we can get a solid Victory, this should infuse some much-needed confidence into both the team (and the coaching staff) which is really needed right now! I think the team is teetering on a precipice right now, and it could either way.

Exclamation Re: Arm Strength Overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    You're not asking for much are you?
    Well, if these things don't happen, then we are Not going to advance to the next level, and see you next year!!

You may be right in that assessment; however, if our D can apply much-needed pressure on Palmer, especially in key situations (which they have not done in the past), And we can control the ball with a solid running game, then maybe we have a chance of pulling it out. But right now, the Bengals, IMO, are the favored team to advance as division champs. We have not established yet IMO the ability to advance to the next level.

Yea, and that's why our D has to Really step-it-up that game and pressure the Hell out of him (something they really have not done against the better teams this year). If not, Palmer will 'take us to the cleaners'!

I know, and so Rex has got to do a real good job of disguising the blitz package; otherwise, Palmer will make us pay, just like he has done in the recent past. I do believe, with the right packages, we can confuse Palmer enough in order to get a couple of key turnovers. The rest of the responsibility rides on our O, which if the running game is going (Cincy has a weak run D), and McNair does a good job of managing the game (something we have Not been able to do in the past), then maybe we can steal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    WOW!! What a huge margin!!

Not to mention that Boller was in his third year with the team last season, and McNair has played in a total of 6 regular season games here.

Boller has slightly better numbers than McNair has with alot less time here, I'm impressed

FYI, for those who keep bringing up how great Brees and Kitna are in there first years with there new teams, Take a look at there Offensive Lines, Case Closed!!
    Once again I find myself asking why is the offensive line getting blamed for McNair sucking?
    Why is the system getting blamed for McNair sucking?

Last year people like you, CR and Poe all said it was Bollers fault. To a person you said that if we got McNair our offense would improve.

News flash. It hasn't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't blame McNair, just like I don't blame Boller. All QBs in this system put up exactly the same stats. It's just funny that hypocrites like y'all are now saying the same thing I've been saying for years, except you still think all of the problems the past three years have been Bollers fault.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Exactly!

Suddenly now that McNair is the QB all of the "excuses" that were deemed unacceptable for Boller are perfectly fine for McNair.

Here are the facts:

McNair was brought in to improve the offense - has not happened.

McNair was going to "make the Oline better" - has not happened.

McNair was going to "improve the running game" - has not happened.

Now the team is heading into the hard part of the schedule and we're supposed believe he still needs to learn the offense?

Well, I hope that I am 100% wrong but so far I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for McNair to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Exactly!

McNair was brought in to improve the offense - has not happened.
    I beg to disagree. IMO, McNair was brought in to Win ballgames! The Ravens are currently 4-2, and share first place.

I beg to disagree. IMO, McNair was brought in to Win ballgames! The Ravens are currently 4-2, and share first place.
    The team is 4 - 2, not McNair. Or is the QB the only player on the field?

If the season was only 6 games long this would great. Unfortunately there are 10 more games to go against higher quality opponents.

Anything to add to my other points? Or are they irrefutable?

The ONLY point that matters to me is the Ravens W-L record!

IMO, McNair was brought in to Win ballgames! The Ravens are currently 4-2, and share first place.
    More credit goes to the defense and Stover, and less goes to McNair for being 4-2.