Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Arm Strength Overrated?

Do you really want to see the stats again?

McNair has completed 56% of his passes with these receivers this year.

Last year, with the same receivers, Boller completed 58% of his passes.

And Boller has a 6 YPA while McNair has a 5.
    WOW!! What a huge margin!!

Not to mention that Boller was in his third year with the team last season, and McNair has played in a total of 6 regular season games here.

Boller has slightly better numbers than McNair has with alot less time here, I'm impressed

FYI, for those who keep bringing up how great Brees and Kitna are in there first years with there new teams, Take a look at there Offensive Lines, Case Closed!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

WOW!! What a huge margin!!
    That difference is about the same CAREER advantage McNair has over Boller. LOL, accuracy and more completions were all the rage a few months ago.

Not to mention that Boller was in his third year with the team last season, and McNair has played in a total of 6 regular season games here.
    With THESE WRs, Boller has little more time.

For all of the machinations and spinning done to excuse McNair (time with the team) the REAL adjustment isn't the system, all that is is terminology. The REAL DIFFERENCE is in the personnel, and McNair is MORE familiar with Mason, Clayton and Heap as a group than Boller is.

Now the big thing is COOL under fire. How did Boller do that last few times he had the ball when the team needed a score last week? If the defense could have stopped the Panthers at all, we have a shot to at least tie and maybe win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    FYI, for those who keep bringing up how great Brees and Kitna are in there first years with there new teams, Take a look at there Offensive Lines, Case Closed!!
    Too funny!! Now the Oline matters when you bring up other QBs and McNair. Kyle was supoosed to succeed despite the same crappy Oline?

I'd love it if the Haters would stick to one set of criteria rather than switch back forth depending on what suits their needs. I've never seen a group of people so determined to defame someone to the point where they feel the need to judge everyone else by a lower standard to make their (lack of) point.

Too funny!! Now the Oline matters when you bring up other QBs and McNair. Kyle was supoosed to succeed despite the same crappy Oline?
    Of course! Remember the rules and you'll be able to play along. Boller gets no such excuses. Steve McNair gets OL, receivers dropping passes, and bad playcalling.

Fh, it doesn't work if you don't use the double standard.

I just think it's funny as Greg pointed out the utter stumbling over themselves to excuse an 11 year former MVP and Super Bowl QB from absolutely falling flat here in Baltimore thus far. But I predicted this before he was even signed.

Let's evaluate whether or not McNair "falls on his face" based on how the Ravens end-up. To do so now, quite honestly, is a bit premature!!

I predicted this before he was even signed.
    I had thought he was on the downside of his career, but honestly did not see him performing this badly. I truly hope that he either can turn it around to start earning the big bucks and help get the Ravens into the playoffs, or, if not: that he does the honorable thing by admitting to himself that he has lost it, and retires at the end of the season.

btw: If he does retire, do we get any cap relief from his $11 million bonus?

:T2:

Let's evaluate whether or not McNair "falls on his face" based on how the Ravens end-up. To do so now, quite honestly, is a bit premature!!
    Is it? What was the purpose of bringing Steve McNair here? The whole idea I thought was to put a spark in the offense and to change the way the offense has run. So exactly what has changed considering right now statistically McNair is playing worse than Kyle Boller?

Really, McNair is going to have to play very much near lights out to pull this offense out of the rut we're in. Yes, it may look premature, but you can't tell me you're not the least bit concerned at this point?

They're 4-2, and tied for first with McNair at the helm. Whether or not this continues, we'll see. However, I am a bit concerned; but not with McNair. I'm concerned with a lack of a running game, and a defense which can not get off the field on critical third downs Against quality opponents.

Those things concern me as well, as the running game can dictate the passing game as we all know. But I am really concerned with an offense that can't finish drives, can't throw touchdowns to their wide receivers, can't run, and have actually at times gone backwards on successive possessions. That's not what a Steve McNair-led offense should look like. We really shouldn't be hoping the wind isn't blowing in Matt Stover's face so he doesn't miss a 52 yard field goal to beat Cleveland.

If we go into NO and beat the shit out of them, and then take Cincy at home and throw 24 points up on them and win, I'll feel a whole lot better than I do right now. Right now I'm just afraid this offensive line is going to get McNair hurt again.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

btw: If he does retire, do we get any cap relief from his $11 million bonus?
    Maybe, if his contract has a stipulation for that. Or, if he returns a portion out of the goodness of his heart. There hopefully is a contract stipulation (and probably, Barry Sanders had one as did Ricky Williams).

Actually, if we can put up Ws against both NO and Cincy; begin establishing our running game; have McNair manage the game successfully, Especially in Critical situations (which is the reason, I believe, the Ravens brought him here!); and have a Defense which will start playing three-and-out, then I believe we're headed in the right direction.

Actually, if we can put up Ws against both NO and Cincy; begin establishing our running game; have McNair manage the game successfully, Especially in Critical situations (which is the reason, I believe, the Ravens brought him here!); and have a Defense which will start playing three-and-out, then I believe we're headed in the right direction.
    I am very much in agreement with you there. But before I get excited about that, they've got to show me something in New Orleans. Right now my confidence isn't what it was after Tampa.