Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Arm Strength Overrated?

McNair was brought in to improve the offense - has not happened.

McNair was going to "make the Oline better" - has not happened.

McNair was going to "improve the running game" - has not happened.

Actually, you are wrong on all three accounts:

This is from the Ravens PR Staff: Through 3 road games this year, the Baltimore Ravens own a 2-1 record as compared to an 0-3 mark in 2005. The turnaround in record is in no small way solely due to the improvement on the offensive side of the ball. The Ravens have gained 100 more yards (868-to-768), scored more points (45-to-33) and committed fewer turnovers (3-to-6) in the opening 3 road games this season compared to their 1st 3 away contests of last year. Baltimore has also cut down on costly penalties in 2006. This year, the Ravens have committed a total of 12 fouls(for -70 yards) compared to 42 penalties (for -320 yards) through 3 road games last year.
    http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...8&view=archive

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

... opening 3 road games this season compared to their 1st 3 away contests of last year.
    Great, so McNair is better than Anthony Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Great, so McNair is better than Anthony Wright.
    I was just responding to FH's contention that the O was no better than last year...

I can understand that perception, but it simply isn't reality.

Oh...and remember AW and KB have very similar numbers.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Over their career they have "similar" numbers, but Boller's recent upswing is not anywhere in Wright's numbers. And Wright was HORRID in those games. Worse than Boller. No first downs in the first half against FRICKIN Tennessee!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Actually, you are wrong on all three accounts:

http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...8&view=archive
    Wow, you wasted 5 minutes of your life selectively pulling stats that include games Boller didn't play. And now we're only looking at away games? Don't the home games count as well?

Here are the stats that makes sense:

Rushing in 2006 3.5 yds per carry
    Rushing in 2005 3.6 yds per carry

Looks the same to me.

And if the Ravens didn't bring McNair in to improve the offense what was the point in spending $33 million on him? :grbac: Here's more:

Total offense in 2006 271 yds per game 5th worst in the NFL(With Boller having the more yards in 3 quarters than McNair has had in all but one game!)
    Total offense in 2005 293 yds per game, 9th worst in the NFL

Seems to be decreasing.......

And in 2006 so far we've (McNair) played 3 teams with a grand total of 4 wins together. And 2 of those 4 were against the other bottom feeders in the league.

Next time bring some real stats to the table.

You know as well as I do that on YBR it was said AS IF IT WAS FACT by the Boller haters that bringing any QB in would improve the three areas I mentioned. So where's the improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Wow, you wasted 5 minutes of your life selectively pulling stats that include games Boller didn't play. And now we're only looking at away games? Don't the home games count as well?
    First of all...I didn't pull those stats, I just copied them from the link I provided. If you have a problem with their validity, tell it to the Ravens PR department. They clearly show an improvement over last year regardless of who the QB was and since we have an excellent home record, using the away games (where we have a terrible record) is a good indicator of improvement.

The offense HAS played better as a group...but I am sure that improvement will be credited to anyone except Mac...

Here are the stats that makes sense:

Rushing in 2006 3.5 yds per carry
    Rushing in 2005 3.6 yds per carry

Looks the same to me.
    Is that a 6 game average or 16?

And if the Ravens didn't bring McNair in to improve the offense what was the point in spending $33 million on him?
    I will be the first to say that Mac has not played as well as I had hoped, but I have decided that I will give him 2 more starts before I start tearing him apart over every little mistake he makes. Also, we spent 12m on Mac...not 33m. Still too much for a guy who has played as poorly as he has.

Here's more:

Total offense in 2006 271 yds per game 5th worst in the NFL(With Boller having the more yards in 3 quarters than McNair has had in all but one game!)
    Total offense in 2005 293 yds per game, 9th worst in the NFL

Seems to be decreasing.......
    Yup..and that sucks. Fortunately for us, there are still 10 games to be played in 2006. Hopefully we will do better.

And in 2006 so far we've (McNair) played 3 teams with a grand total of 4 wins together. And 2 of those 4 were against the other bottom feeders in the league.

Next time bring some real stats to the table.
    We also have played 3 perenial playoff teams, with a combined record of 13-6.

You know as well as I do that on YBR it was said AS IF IT WAS FACT by the Boller haters that bringing any QB in would improve the three areas I mentioned. So where's the improvement?
    Not by me...but feel free to generalize.

FH, I don't actually disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but your open hostility towards other members of this forum make me want to rub your nose in the mistakes you do make. It really is unnecessary and I am asking you politely to rethink the way that you address your fellow Ravens fans.

"They clearly show an improvement over last year regardless of who the QB was and since we have an excellent home record, using the away games (where we have a terrible record) is a good indicator of improvement."

So you're picking and choosing which games we'll be using to measure improvement? Intresting.

Since we all know that the offense is putting up worse stats than it did last year, I guess it stands to reason that McNair sucks really, really bad at home.

Now let's look at some more just flat out confusing statements from Mobtown.

"The offense HAS played better as a group...but I am sure that improvement will be credited to anyone except Mac."

Followed by;

"Yup..and that sucks. Fortunately for us, there are still 10 games to be played in 2006. Hopefully we will do better."

So the offense has improved, yet the offense hasn't improved? Do you have any idea what you're trying to say?

"We also have played 3 perenial playoff teams, with a combined record of 13-6. "

Oh ok. Then I guess Kyle really deserves a lot of props for his game against the Packers last year since they've won a lot of NFL Championships. Because we all know that a franchises history has a lot of bearing on how good they are now.

" but your open hostility towards other members of this forum make me want to rub your nose in the mistakes you do make. It really is unnecessary and I am asking you politely to rethink the way that you address your fellow Ravens fans."

When has FH been openly hostile? I haven't seen him threaten anybody. Of course, considering you think the offense has improved despite stats to the contrary, I have to believe you're just making things up again.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

FH, I don't actually disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but your open hostility towards other members of this forum make me want to rub your nose in the mistakes you do make. It really is unnecessary and I am asking you politely to rethink the way that you address your fellow Ravens fans.
    I don't know exactly where that came from, but I'd hardly describe FH as an openly hostile poster.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't know exactly where that came from, but I'd hardly describe FH as an openly hostile poster.
    Eh, people don't like being called out when they post bulls**t. I don't have a problem pointing it out when I see it or blatant hypocrisy for that matter.

If that makes me "hostile", so be it.

First of all...I didn't pull those stats, I just copied them from the link I provided. If you have a problem with their validity, tell it to the Ravens PR department. They clearly show an improvement over last year regardless of who the QB was and since we have an excellent home record, using the away games (where we have a terrible record) is a good indicator of improvement.

The offense HAS played better as a group...but I am sure that improvement will be credited to anyone except Mac...
    Yes, I'm sure the Raven's PR department wouldn't try to manipulate the stats to makes their $33 Million invest look better would they?

The non-selective stats I pulled tell a different story.

Is that a 6 game average or 16?
    You're kidding, right? That's your big defense? If we're 2 - 4 games into the season than I'd be with on the small sample size issue. But 6 games is fair enough to make some assessments.

I will be the first to say that Mac has not played as well as I had hoped, but I have decided that I will give him 2 more starts before I start tearing him apart over every little mistake he makes. Also, we spent 12m on Mac...not 33m. Still too much for a guy who has played as poorly as he has.
    I agree except that I've seen enough after 6 games. And it's not that he's just playing poorly. The offense looks WORSE than last year! WORSE! :grbac:

Not by me...but feel free to generalize.
    Nowhere did I single you out as making those comments. But anyone who has spent any time on YBR knows that to the Boller haters he was the cause of all offensive ills. The 3 things I noted were the ones that were harped on constantly. Now that nothing has improved, those reasons are used as excuses for McNair.

FH, I don't actually disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but your open hostility towards other members of this forum make me want to rub your nose in the mistakes you do make.
    When I finally make a mistake feel free to rub my nose in it. There's a few posters on YBR still holding out hope for that.

Trust me, I'll be more than happy to admit being wrong if McNair somehow turns it around and leads this team deep into the playoffs. :hammer:

Darb, I guess this means I am off your ignore list?

So you're picking and choosing which games we'll be using to measure improvement? Intresting.

Yes. I used an especially weak portion of our game. Anytime you use stats to prove a point you are doing the exact same thing...showing only one piece of a larger picture.

Since we all know that the offense is putting up worse stats than it did last year, I guess it stands to reason that McNair sucks really, really bad at home.
    some stats are worse, some are better...just like the quote from baltimoreravens.com shows. Penalties for example, Sacks and PPG would be other examples.

Now let's look at some more just flat out confusing statements from Mobtown.

"The offense HAS played better as a group...but I am sure that improvement will be credited to anyone except Mac."

Followed by;

"Yup..and that sucks. Fortunately for us, there are still 10 games to be played in 2006. Hopefully we will do better."

So the offense has improved, yet the offense hasn't improved? Do you have any idea what you're trying to say?
    Nothing confusing there…I am saying that we are doing better, but not as good as I would like.

Oh ok. Then I guess Kyle really deserves a lot of props for his game against the Packers last year since they've won a lot of NFL Championships. Because we all know that a franchises history has a lot of bearing on how good they are now.
    Huh? 13-6 is the CURRENT record of those 3 teams.

" but your open hostility towards other members of this forum make me want to rub your nose in the mistakes you do make. It really is unnecessary and I am asking you politely to rethink the way that you address your fellow Ravens fans."

When has FH been openly hostile? I haven't seen him threaten anybody. Of course, considering you think the offense has improved despite stats to the contrary, I have to believe you're just making things up again.
    That’s sweet of you to stick up for FH.
    Last edited by Mobtown; 10-27-2006 at 10:14 AM.

[quote=FHRaven;15634]Yes, I'm sure the Raven's PR department wouldn't try to manipulate the stats to makes their $33 Million invest look better would they?

The non-selective stats I pulled tell a different story. [/QOUTE]

All stats are selective...unless you are posting all available stats. As for using PR numbers...well, number are numbers. So long as they are acurate, what difference does the source make?

You're kidding, right? That's your big defense? If we're 2 - 4 games into the season than I'd be with on the small sample size issue. But 6 games is fair enough to make some assessments.

I agree except that I've seen enough after 6 games. And it's not that he's just playing poorly. The offense looks WORSE than last year! WORSE! :grbac:
    It wasn't intended to be a defense...it was just a question.

Nowhere did I single you out as making those comments. But anyone who has spent any time on YBR knows that to the Boller haters he was the cause of all offensive ills. The 3 things I noted were the ones that were harped on constantly. Now that nothing has improved, those reasons are used as excuses for McNair.
    I hold the position that neither QB is worth much and the use of selective reasoning is rampant on both sides of the argument.

When I finally make a mistake feel free to rub my nose in it. There's a few posters on YBR still holding out hope for that.

Trust me, I'll be more than happy to admit being wrong if McNair somehow turns it around and leads this team deep into the playoffs. :hammer:
    I suppose that is something we can all agree on. Winning certainly has a way of curing what ailes you.

GO Ravens.