Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 5 Touchdowns, 6 Interceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it's just bad, people think this is an easy fix? I think this team has some deep rooted issues, the offense no matter who comes or goes minus 2014 has been bad. In today's NFL we should not look this bad on any level when basically defender can't even touch a WR after 5yrds.
    Definitely no easy fix. We can talk about the youngins who don't develop but the biggest issue, IMO, is the vets not living up to their contracts. Regardless of coaching issues, just imagine where we'd be if players like Flacco, Zuttah, Jimmy, Webb & SWright were playing up to their contracts. Hell, even if they just werent flat out horrible at times. Even injured players like Suggs & Doom. Unfortunately, Yanda and SSSr (who are both injured) are probably the only vets signed prior to this season who were playing up to their deals.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by TxRavensFan View Post
    Something is fundamentally wrong with this offense. Joe hasn't played well for sure, but it goes way beyond that. I keep going back to the fact that in every other game I watch, teams have receivers running wide open in the secondary (even in the Cards-Hawks defensive struggle last night), but I NEVER see that with the Ravens receivers. The only time I saw anything close was when Wallace beat Jenkins for that 70 yard pass last week - and it was like Wallace was running free, he just had a couple of steps.

Like I said before, I don't know if it's a player problem, scheme problem, or play calling problem, but it needs to get fixed. While we may not be the most talented team in the league, we certainly have more than enough talent to get the job done and I think we can hang with any team.

There's still a lot of football to be played and we'll probably get SSSr, Stanley, Yanda, and hopefully Mosley back after the bye. Judon looks to be progressing (let's keep him on the field), and Marty has two weeks to figure this thing out. Hopefully we'll see a turnaround.
    A big collective F*$K YOU to John Elway. The horseface FUK that keeps on F%$king us in the arse. We finally had what looked like a real offense and he hired the guy away from us after only 1 year. And proceeded to win the super bowl with him right away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Definitely no easy fix. We can talk about the youngins who don't develop but the biggest issue, IMO, is the vets not living up to their contracts. Regardless of coaching issues, just imagine where we'd be if players like Flacco, Zuttah, Jimmy, Webb & SWright were playing up to their contracts. Even if they just werent flat out horrible at times. Even injured players like Suggs & Doom. Unfortunately, Yanda and SSSr (who are both injured) are probably the only vets signed prior to this season who were playing up to their deals.
    They need to cut all these vets with bloated contracts. I know in some cases they can't like with Flacco, but they should cut as much as they can.

We need young cheap talent. Not old, injured and overpaid talent.

Last in the league in TD passes
    Leads the league in Pass attempts and completions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Definitely no easy fix. We can talk about the youngins who don't develop but the biggest issue, IMO, is the vets not living up to their contracts. Regardless of coaching issues, just imagine where we'd be if players like Flacco, Zuttah, Jimmy, Webb & SWright were playing up to their contracts. Even if they just werent flat out horrible at times. Even injured players like Suggs & Doom. Unfortunately, Yanda and SSSr (who are both injured) are probably the only vets signed prior to this season who were playing up to their deals.
    smh see this is one of the major issues right now is that we have guys simply not playing up to their worth. Joe is finally cracking, you can see it, it's like everything has finally got to him, the shit he could do when he was younger he can't do right now and now we see the mental aspect coming into play with him, his mechanics look shot even when he has time he thinks he doesn't. I'm not sure what direction they can even go at this point or what they can even do at this point, blame don't even matter right now because so much players are hurt and execution and coaching combine on both sides of the ball are even poorer and game management/preparedness looks even worst than that and our depth and even most of the starters look like shit too. This is just a bad team.

6. Re: 5 Touchdowns, 6 Interceptions

It's become clear to me that Joe was the difference along with Ray, Ed, T-Sizz, Yanda, Q, Pitta, and Rice. Having lost all but Pitta now to injury, bad trade or retirement, the final nail has been Joe's regression. He's clearly been David Carr'd. Aside from 2014, Joe's taken a lot of punishment throughout his time here.
    We should have been running the WCO from the start and coaching Joe to move in the pocket, like he did early in his career before Cam drilled into him the "need" to stand tall in the pocket and wait.
    Could this have been one of the disagreements between Cam and QB coach Jim Zorn? That Zorn wanted Joe to be more mobile, to stay light and quick on his feet even while inside the pocket, while Cam did not because he didn't want Joe to get into the habit of scrambling and leaving the pocket if the first read wasn't open?
    I can't help but think that the Ravens screwed up Joe's development because they don't know wtf they are doing when it comes to the passing game. And this problem starts with Ozzie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    It's become clear to me that Joe was the difference along with Ray, Ed, T-Sizz, Yanda, Q, Pitta, and Rice. Having lost all but Pitta now to injury, bad trade or retirement, the final nail has been Joe's regression. He's clearly been David Carr'd. Aside from 2014, Joe's taken a lot of punishment throughout his time here.
    We should have been running the WCO from the start and coaching Joe to move in the pocket, like he did early in his career before Cam drilled into him the "need" to stand tall in the pocket and wait.
    Could this have been one of the disagreements between Cam and QB coach Jim Zorn? That Zorn wanted Joe to be more mobile, to stay light and quick on his feet even while inside the pocket, while Cam did not because he didn't want Joe to get into the habit of scrambling and leaving the pocket if the first read wasn't open?
    I can't help but think that the Ravens screwed up Joe's development because they don't know wtf they are doing when it comes to the passing game. And this problem starts with Ozzie.
    they waited way too long didn't they? Now we are seeing Joe crack

Blog Entries

Just think we could've had Kyle Shanahan as OC who is now the Falcons OC. Matt Ryan is having a great year so far.

What the hell happened to Gilmore? Pitta is so fucking overrated

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teagues View Post
    A big collective F*$K YOU to John Elway. The horseface FUK that keeps on F%$king us in the arse. We finally had what looked like a real offense and he hired the guy away from us after only 1 year. And proceeded to win the super bowl with him right away.
    Makes you wonder what happened between 2014 and 2015. They look like a completely different team. I know Kubes is a helluva good offensive mind, but the improvement from the 2012/2013 to 2014 isn't nearly as dramatic as the drop off from 2014 to the 2015/2016 teams, and we arguably have more talent now on offense.

I mean, I know we've have a ridiculous amount of injuries the last two years, but as others have mentioned, other teams are dealing with injuries too and don't look this bad. Trestman is really the only major change from Kubiak/Dennison but I have a hard time thinking that he ruined the offense and even players to this extent (even though he left the Bears a big mess)...or did he? Either way, I hope Harbs and Morningweg can get this fixed; the player are still playing hard. The bye couldn't have been at a better time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Just think we could've had Kyle Shanahan as OC who is now the Falcons OC. Matt Ryan is having a great year so far.

IIRC, Shanahan was already in talks with Atlanta before Kubiak announced he was taking the Broncos job. We didn't have a shot at him.

Mean while on a positive note...... Stafford connected with Boldin for a game winning TD yesterday.